BG's Using Holsters?

This is a discussion on BG's Using Holsters? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sixto made a good point. It seems motive for the BG is a factor. When you have your typical smash and grab robbery involving a ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BG's Using Holsters?

Sixto made a good point. It seems motive for the BG is a factor. When you have your typical smash and grab robbery involving a gun, no holster because there is basically no planning.

When mass murder is the intention, they're usually going in well armed and have extensively planned their course of action.

Interesting topic.
    Glock 22 (G2) & 27 (G3)
    S&W 686 .357 4" Stainless Pre-lock
    Ruger 10/22
    Marlin Model 65 .22LR - 1968
    Remington Model 31 16ga - 1932
    Remington 1900 12ga - 1904

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Crazy way I've seen one BG carry was just kinda gross. Man weighed atleast 400, he hid a full size .357 revolver between two folds of fat on his chest....
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by TerriLi View Post
    Crazy way I've seen one BG carry was just kinda gross. Man weighed atleast 400, he hid a full size .357 revolver between two folds of fat on his chest....
    Yeah, I've ran into that too. Try finding that on a pat down... yuck.

A few years ago, a coworker arrested a female. The jail found a J frame hidden in her bra. I've also heard of people, male and female, hiding them in other unmentionable nooks and crannys.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TerriLi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Yeah, I've ran into that too. Try finding that on a pat down... yuck.

A few years ago, a coworker arrested a female. The jail found a J frame hidden in her bra. I've also heard of people, male and female, hiding them in other unmentionable nooks and crannys.
    Those are images I really didn't need in my head, LOL.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Define 'BG'.
    ...BGs who look, walk and talk just like you, me or people we know and know/assume to be a GG...

- Janq
    Very good point as a lot of us may be scanning for the bad-ass lookin' dudes as we do our usual SA.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    Very good point as a lot of us may be scanning for the bad-ass lookin' dudes as we do our usual SA.
    Yep.

Honest look at the mugshots for many of these criminal reports as are posted here at DC.com

They generally to a majority look like regular average American people.
    Folk we might see anywhere in life or work with and even share space with at church or a family event. City, suburban or rural.

Not always are these people sporting hoodies or scruffy unshaven faces with tats all over their arms...and the proverbial loose/baggy clothing.
    Not that some our own members don't look just like that and wear such fashion and aren't GGs them self.

I myself have been suspected to be a BG as while wearing a business suit (by po-po!), street clothes and even when wearing my camo hunting bib pant gear with hat on and tag pinned to it's rear. I'd stopped at a small rural package store to get a sandwich & Gatorade and I was very obviously followed around the store by a teenaged clerk observing my every motion.
    The latter being ~5 Saturdays ago.
    I was armed and concealed, but he didn't know that.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

VIP Member
    Jang, you make an excelent point, you can't always judge what or who someone is by just style of dress, which I would say is were SA comes into the equation.

FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin - March 2006 Issue

...snip...

In the authors’ three studies, none of the offenders who carried firearms used holsters. They reported frequently touching the weapon with a portion of their hands or arms usually to assure themselves that it remained hidden, secure, and accessible. Such actions become most observable whenever individuals change body positions, such as standing, sitting, or exiting a motor vehicle. Their unholstered handguns tend to shift, causing them to adjust or reposition the weapon to its original position. Walking with a concealed, unholstered handgun requires subjects to occasionally use a portion of their hands or arms to prevent the firearm from moving or to adjust the weapon after it moves. When they run, their actions may appear more pronounced and may involve constantly gripping the handgun to maintain control.
    Kevin Jensen
    Utah State Researcher,
    www.opencarry.org

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    i really hope nobody is falling into a "this is a bad guy" stereotype thing here because its a dangerous way to think...there are punk kids who wear baggy pants and help their grandmothers plant flowers on weekends and shirt, tie and dress slack types who are up to no good...

getting a hard on for someone who spots your concealed carry and reports it isnt a reason to hate them...its a reason to make sure your carry stays concealed...somehow the bad guys are managing it pretty well becuae they share the streets with us undetected in many instances so we ought to be able to do it with all the modern and comfortable gear we choose to use...

That's a lot of good information.

Don't trust anyone...have a plan to kill everyone you meet/see. I would assume that most dirtbags do not use holsters. OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by mikcap View Post
    I was out in public (supermarket or something) and a woman saw my belt holstered CW. She got hysterical and reported it.
    I'm in CT and my license reads "State Permit to Carry Pistols and Revolvers". The obvious debate here is open or concealed.
    - Were you OC? As far as I know, it's a CC state. I remember that a guy bent over in a Ruby Tuesday's in CT and the waiter spotted it. They called the cops and the person had their CCW taken away and they were having a really hard time getting it back.

Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    - Were you OC? As far as I know, it's a CC state. I remember that a guy bent over in a Ruby Tuesday's in CT and the waiter spotted it. They called the cops and the person had their CCW taken away and they were having a really hard time getting it back.
    Read back a little. I said it was a dream. Weird, but that's where it came from.
    And yes, that's the issue I mentioned about the law not being specific about open or concealed carry. I think there may actually be a case pending that challenges this whole thing. Maybe someone can expand on that?

They wear several layers. Most often, its the clown pants and at least one pair of basketball shorts under. Then maybe running shorts, then boxers. When carrying a gun, they'll use the waistband of the running shorts and cinch that up tight.
    In my city, the bangers also wear those oversize pants. We were taught that if a potential banger is carrying, he'll have his pants tight, with their underwear not showing. I got into a foot pursuit with an armed robber and after we caught him, I did the initial search and pulled a revolver off of him. It was in his waistband. Also, when I was injured and on light duty, I had to work in the property/evidence room. None of the guns coming in as evidence had any holsters with them. So in general, the BGs do not carry holsters, mainly waistband carry.

Typically your common thug does not use a holster. That doesnt mean they dont at all though. I have run across a few that did, its almost always those cheesy nylon things with a mag pocket sewn into the front. ( Like that makes any sense)
    Hey, I got one of those. I guess some antis will now say that proves I am a BG.
    Kel-Tec P-3at, Taurus PT-908, Glock 17, Glock 19, Glock 26, Kel-Tec SUB-2000 9mm (Glock 17 mag compatible),Kel-Tec PF-9, Ruger SP-101 2¼ barrel hammerless, Maverick Arms 88 Security 8-shot 12 gauge, Marlin 336W .30-30 Win., Rossi Model 92 SRC .357 Mag.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links