BG's Using Holsters?

BG's Using Holsters?

This is a discussion on BG's Using Holsters? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was thinking this AM on my boring drive to work, about a dream I had a while back. I was out in public (supermarket ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BG's Using Holsters?

BG's Using Holsters?

I was thinking this AM on my boring drive to work, about a dream I had a while back. I was out in public (supermarket or something) and a woman saw my belt holstered CW. She got hysterical and reported it.
    I'm in CT and my license reads "State Permit to Carry Pistols and Revolvers". The obvious debate here is open or concealed.
    If your CW is seen by someone and they don't like it, they can file a complaint, you can be cited for public nuisance or some such, your license taken away and someday if you're lucky you may get it back. This is a whole separate issue that I'd love to hear comments on.
    Anyhow.....it got me thinking about the fact that it was holstered and then I wondered how many BG's use a holster. My guess would be damn few. And that just got me more upset with the "anti" in my dream for having a knee jerk reaction and costing me my license.
    Then someone in the next lane got too close and ruined my thought process.
    So, how many of the BG's wear holsters? Anyone care to take a guess?
    If you caught a glimpse of a CW in a holster would you tend to think BG or GG?
    Like I said...it's a boring drive.

In my state, and yours it's illegal when there is a law about it. Otherwise it's legal, period. No debate in the matter. My license is a LTCH which is License to carry a handgun. Open, concealed, it doesn't matter because my state doesn't' address the issue. If you can get your license revoked for carrying open, then there IS a law against it, you've just not found it yet.

Hope this helps.
    They can't take your right to own a firearm. They can ask with force and you can answer any way you choose.

Im not a BG, but would guess not to many.. As for seeing someone elses holster I would just let it be. Its there CW and I do not want to bring light to it.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Every BG I ever seen on cop shows on TV don't have holsters,most have 0 idea about name brands,only calibers and they don't carry an item that if found on them is gonna have a cop asking wheres the gun at
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I guess if the gun had a holster when they stole it they might use it. :) ok maybe that is a stereo type.... but really I would guess there are a bunch that would use a holster, maybe the smarter ones??

i would think that a bad guy would not want a holster because he would have to remove that also in a pinch. if he gets stopped he can stash the gun, a holster makes it that much more difficult to remove the evidence.

but i do not see this thought process working for anyone that is not into concealed carry. if you don't look like a cop you are a bad guy.

Define 'BG'.

A fair amount off BGs have been featured here at this forum in news reports of persons walking into stores and Wal-Marts dropping their guns, unholstering them for all manner of unlawful purpose and others using them toward assaulting persons or placing them into fear.

BGs who look, walk and talk just like you, me or people we know and know/assume to be a GG...

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/i-j...813062205.html

To my own view it surely appears that the majority of BGs, who are caught, do not carry in a holster but rather stuffed in pants, stowed in backpacks and in shopping bags as well as kept in among or in pockets pant and coat.

Problem is as by reports from assumed GGs here at this forum there are people doing exactly the above as well, for all manner of personal reason.

So how to tell one from another as aside from immediate action?
    Difficult. No rule works for all instances.

Thus why when police interact with or get calls of suspicious man with gun they generally treat them all as being of unknown character and intent.
    A potential BG who might could possibly be a GG, but not likely as by odds and stats.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Administrator
    Typically your common thug does not use a holster. That doesnt mean they dont at all though. I have run across a few that did, its almost always those cheesy nylon things with a mag pocket sewn into the front. ( Like that makes any sense)

Also, I think its worth noting, that the nut jobs who shoot up office buildings and schools... typically do use a holster.
    "Just blame Sixto"

How some of these guys hang on to their guns with the bag pants they were has always made me wonder.

I'll ask Plaxico Burris.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by shooterX View Post
    How some of these guys hang on to their guns with the bag pants they were has always made me wonder.
    They wear several layers. Most often, its the clown pants and at least one pair of basketball shorts under. Then maybe running shorts, then boxers. When carrying a gun, they'll use the waistband of the running shorts and cinch that up tight.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    They wear several layers. Most often, its the clown pants and at least one pair of basketball shorts under. Then maybe running shorts, then boxers. When carrying a gun, they'll use the waistband of the running shorts and cinch that up tight.
    Ahh...I see, learn something new everyday. If I wasn't somewhat aware of what you do professionally I would wonder Sixto.

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    BG using holsters? typically not. As stated before the gun they aquire would probably not come with one why should they spend money to get one. Or if they did get one you think they would spend much on it? They want to use it and dump it. Holsters are like gloves. You can get cheap generic gloves that do the job... though not very well... or you can get a pair of gloves that fits and protects that is designed for a job.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by shooterX View Post
    Ahh...I see, learn something new everyday. If I wasn't somewhat aware of what you do professionally I would wonder Sixto.
    that is also what gets a lot of them killed; when running (from the cops) the first thing they do is ditch the gun. They cant run with it their pants and who wants to get caught with a hot gun, or they pull it out and carry it in their hands. We all know that's not a good idea.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    that is also what gets a lot of them killed; when running (from the cops) the first thing they do is ditch the gun. They cant run with it their pants and who wants to get caught with a hot gun, or they pull it out and carry it in their hands. We all know that's not a good idea.
    Well as many have pointed out before, criminals aren't the brightest bulbs in the box.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links