Talking to a guy at a shop; "Fat people have it easy" - Page 3

Talking to a guy at a shop; "Fat people have it easy"

This is a discussion on Talking to a guy at a shop; "Fat people have it easy" within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by sigmanluke This is an entertaining thread! I consider myself an "average" sized guy, maybe very slightly on the larger side of average. ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Talking to a guy at a shop; "Fat people have it easy"

Quote Originally Posted by sigmanluke View Post
    This is an entertaining thread!

I consider myself an "average" sized guy, maybe very slightly on the larger side of average.
    I'm 6'0", 215 (with clothes and "accessories" on). I carry my Sig P220R IWB at 4:30-5:00 in a CB Supertuck. Even with a semi-tight t-shirt, it disappears.
    Is it comfortable for all day wear? I have a P226, but I have not even thought about it for a CC weapon due to size. Can you post a pic of the 220 in the CB, or PM it to me?
    Andy
    You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas - David Crockett
    When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

KaH
    Quote Originally Posted by basher052 View Post
    Im not judging or anything, but um...something is wrong with your hubbys face....
    Tall, pixelized and handsome - that's what caught my eye! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Xader View Post
    Ditto. I'm 6'4", 310#.

The combination of wide hips and a spare tire push the grip out past armpit width.

Because of this, the shirt drapes directly onto the backstrap, not around the grips.

IMHO, athletic builds are more conducive to CC, as the shoulders tend to be wider than the waist, and shirts (if not overly tight) drape around the handgun
    Use a shoulder rig...... I'm a big guy with all my weight in the hips and butt so carrying on my hip just makes me bump into everything with the pistol.

So another big guy suggested a shoulder rig and its perfect for me. They might be a little slower on the draw compared to a SS/OWB holster but I make it work.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat View Post
    Use a shoulder rig...... I'm a big guy with all my weight in the hips and butt so carrying on my hip just makes me bump into everything with the pistol.

So another big guy suggested a shoulder rig and its perfect for me. They might be a little slower on the draw compared to a SS/OWB holster but I make it work.
    I've considered this route, but the problem is that it gets too hot here for a cover garment in the summer. And it would be exposed when I get to work in the winter and take my jacket off.

So my options are limited to tuckable IWB and hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Xader View Post
    I've considered this route, but the problem is that it gets too hot here for a cover garment in the summer. And it would be exposed when I get to work in the winter and take my jacket off.

So my options are limited to tuckable IWB and hope for the best.
    Too hot even if you wear like an open button-up shirt over a tee-shirt?

In the summer I wear a tee, then I wear like a light short sleeve button up shirt that I don't button. Or only button the bottom. I stay pretty cool and concealed for the most part.

I might be slightly warmer than just a tee, but not enough to really bother me. But I always wear two shirts, even since I was a kid.....dunno why but I've always done it.

VIP Member

Pics like you wanted.

Here are the pics that were asked for by Basher052
    Attached Images
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

As someone else stated, but applies to me; "My porch runs all the way around the house"
    The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights Reserved

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat View Post
    Too hot even if you wear like an open button-up shirt over a tee-shirt?
    Not an option for work. It's dress shirt and tie.

For casual, absolutely. That's actually my usual apparel. But IWB works just fine for in that situation as well.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigStill View Post
    I'm 6'2" I weigh 260lbs. I wear size 40x31 jeans. CC is an issue. I can OWB carry a LCP and it prints like a S&W 460. IWB is, well, not even an option. It's all I can do to get ME IWB.

I can just imigine me with a Smart Carry. Raise up tummy, fondle for gun, etc etc... It's TMI. (too much information)

For you little fellows, consider yourselves damn lucky.

Merry Christmas

Craig
    I'm laughin'!!!^^^^^^^^^

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."
    His Holiness, the XIV Dalai Lama
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Quote Originally Posted by sigmanluke View Post
    Here are the pics that were asked for by Basher052
    Thanks. It prints a little, but I think its just because im looking for it. I may have to try that with the 226 and see how it carries.
    Andy
    You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas - David Crockett
    When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by CraigStill View Post
    I'm 6'2" I weigh 260lbs. I wear size 40x31 jeans. CC is an issue. I can OWB carry a LCP and it prints like a S&W 460. IWB is, well, not even an option. It's all I can do to get ME IWB.

I can just imigine me with a Smart Carry. Raise up tummy, fondle for gun, etc etc... It's TMI. (too much information)

For you little fellows, consider yourselves damn lucky.

Merry Christmas

Craig
    Have you tried the SmartCarry? I'm about your size and thinking about trying one....

big bellies can work for you.

I really had no intention of carrying my G20 concealed when I bought it. It was for hunting and defense but I bought everyone's story about it being too hard to hide a full size gun and told myself I'll shop for a carry gun later.

I have put on 25 Lbs since I got my Glock20. The belly does create a cliff for a shirt to hang from and hides things very well.

The only way I found possible when I weigh what I should is IWB 6 o'clock. But it was not as well hidden as it is now at 9:30 IWB.

Pleated pants or loose jeans work fine. No chance of it being seen when I bend over too.

Now I have even more reason to not go back on my diet/exercise regimen.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom G View Post
    The more weight I put on especially around Christmas ,the more the the Glock 19 slide digs into my side I'm 5 feet 11 inches and when I'm under 200 pounds the gun is a comfortable fit. At 223 pounds It's not so good. Back on the diet after Christmas.
    I am 5'11" barefoot and my target weight is @ 197. I currently weigh @ 223.

If the gun digs into you when you gain weight try getting some pants at least one size bigger than what fits you without the gun. Some of my pants are from my "smaller" days and while they fit they won't allow anything to be hidden either - without great pain and discomfort.

I think this is always applicable no matter what we weigh: "Dress around the gun". Shop for clothes accordingly.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basher052 View Post
    Thanks. It prints a little, but I think its just because im looking for it. I may have to try that with the 226 and see how it carries.
    Ya, it prints a little, but I don't really care. It would look better, but my wallet is also in my back right pocket. Most of the line you see down low, is the wallet. In my experience, people don't see stuff like that.
    If I had a 226, I'd carry it once in a while. You should give it a try.

Sigmanluke
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    I for one do not buy it. The proper concealment method for the firearm and the
    individual person is the key.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links