Gun/work

This is a discussion on Gun/work within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by RogerThat alright after reading all of everyones posts I've put together a few options. I don't necessarily want to buy a new ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gun/work

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerThat View Post
    alright after reading all of everyones posts I've put together a few options. I don't necessarily want to buy a new gun just so I can carry it and leave my other 3 at home. I might do that later on down the road, but not right now. My other two options are going with a in the car safe I found on google that someone had mentioned and its probably the same one.
    You can lock the safe to the bottom of the seat of your car with a cable provided with it. In Car Gun Safe
    OR, go with a smart carry and or both, but I'm trying to not spend too much money here. Which one would be the better out of the two. Now I'm not only considering my safety here, I'm also considering the safety of my gun as well. So maybe no carrying is the only option but I would like to have it within close proximatey so at least I know I have one with me. Thanks for the responses, and more input is appreciated
    If you have home owners insurance or apartment insurance and provided you properly lock your handguns with a cable lock and any other guns and ammo in a gun safe, the guns are protected and you are too. You can check with your insurance company but usually items like this are covered. If not, a rider can be attached to your policy to cover theft. Record the serial numbers and keep them in a safe place, separate from the guns.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

2. Remove Ads

Also, in Florida, signs mean nothing. The only thing they can do is ask you to leave; if you don't, you get trespassed. Only the places listed in Chapter 790 are off limits.

Quote Originally Posted by BeachBum View Post
    Also, in Florida, signs mean nothing. The only thing they can do is ask you to leave; if you don't, you get trespassed. Only the places listed in Chapter 790 are off limits.
    If they ask me to leave, I get canned because I can no longer service that store... so that is a big deal for a store manager to ask me to leave.. its not like I'm a customer walking in.. I'm there with a name badge and everything
    A man with a briefcase can steal millions more than any man with a gun.

No law ever prevented a crime.
    -Anonymous

A Fool refuses to protect himself, his family, and his home. - Me

Sounds like you need to write a letter to each store and ask if you're allowed to carry. Send documentation outlining the steps taken to obtain a CWP in FL to show you're not a BG. If they refuse, you just don't carry in that store, since you'd be asked to leave if you carried without permission.

Sounds like you need to write a letter to each store and ask if you're allowed to carry. Send documentation outlining the steps taken to obtain a CWP in FL to show you're not a BG. If they refuse, you just don't carry in that store, since you'd be asked to leave if you carried without permission.
    Sorry, but that would not fit his situation, and you should NEVER ask if it is ok to carry if the place isnt posted, very very bad advice. That is the best way to get a place posted if it wasn't posted prior to you asking.

He already stated he would probably lose his job if anyone found out he carries. Did you read what he wrote?

To the OP, my opinion is the smartcarry vs the safe in the truck, even if it might be a little uncomfortable to start with. I have a smartcarry myself, it works quite well, you just need to dress around it, make sure your pants are loose enough, then it is fine. Leaving your weapon in the truck does you no good when you arent in the truck.

Axeanda45, I don't agree with your statement about the letters and we'll just leave it at that.

RogerThat, does you boss/manager/supervisor know that you carry? We need to know what kind of policy your company has regarding carry.

Axeanda45, I don't agree with your statement about the letters and we'll just leave it at that.

RogerThat, does you boss/manager/supervisor know that you carry? We need to know what kind of policy your company has regarding carry.
    The person above me (boss) knows I carry, but thats irrelevant. If I lose repore with my managers because they hold it against me that I could possibly carry with or without their knowledge or consent despite the fact that I'm being honest they could hold it against me and therefor making it harder for me to get displays in and so on and so forth, and eventually just give someone a reason to look into the situation deeper and it would only cause more problems for me if I exposed the fact that I intend to carry and or possess a handgun.

I looked into the smartcarry and I looked up the lock and I might use both as electives for my predicament. I might have to wait till after Christmas though for funds.

-Anonymous

The reason I am so against that type of action (writing/calling businesses) is that here in OHIO, the signs do have legal force and it can be a felony to not obey them. So.... we dont ask if there is no sign, 'cause we dont want to give them any idea's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    The reason I am so against that type of action (writing/calling businesses) is that here in OHIO, the signs do have legal force and it can be a felony to not obey them. So.... we dont ask if there is no sign, 'cause we dont want to give them any idea's about it.
    Ah, I see. Different states, different strategies.

PM9 pocket carry...good option

I never did catch what gun you are concealing. I pocket carry a Kahr PM9 in a DeSantis Nemesis. I used to carry an LCP the same way, still do rarely, but wanted the 9mm over .380. Easy to carry and you forget it's there (figure of speech, of course). Keltec PF9 is another good 9mm choice for light, easily concealed 9mm. Good luck with your quest...it may involve buying another pistol though...

My main carry is a sigsauer p229, my other is a kimber pro cdp II and my other gun I own is a sigsauer p220 which I don't intend to carry, more so to make the intruder go "oh ****"

I've looked into getting a revolver as well, but I was going to get a revolver for my mom for Christmas. I may have to wait a while to get another for myself... my mom had someone break in 4 houses down from her, and my step dad though liked shooting my guns when we went to the range, wont take inititave to buy one for themselves.

-Anonymous

Tucked IWB holster, get your uniform shirts increased one size, and forget about it.

I'm a field service mechanic. I run, jump, climb, roll around under equip, push, pull, bend over, and occasionally hang upside down....So long as the shirt stays tucked in, no issues.

IF LP is going to be watching you, then they will watch for you to place items in your cart/rack, slip items past the credit area in the receiving dept, or actively put stuff in your pocket. Never heard of one questioning a "bulge". When in doubt, it is a colostomy bag or cardiac recorder. That will shut them up.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

J-frame CT in Desantis Nemisis front weakside pocket.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links