TX CHL arrived today

This is a discussion on TX CHL arrived today within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; And I was totally surprised! When I took my class I was told the backlog was 4-6 months. Especially if one lived in Harris County. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TX CHL arrived today

TX CHL arrived today

And I was totally surprised! When I took my class I was told the backlog was 4-6 months. Especially if one lived in Harris County. Which I do. Application was sent 11/14. Got the license today, 12/17.

Since I was assuming it was going to take awhile I was putting off the decision of what to buy to carry my Glock 27 concealed. Now that decision needs to be made right away. I'm thinking a Crossbread Supertuck or MTAC. And probably a shoulder rig for under the sport coat carry when I go to Church.

2. Remove Ads

RMS
    Congratulations on your CHL. You won't be disappointed with the SuperTuck. I order my second one just a few mintues ago.

Congrats.
    Ignorance can be cured. Stupid is forever.

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    Hey congrats on the license. I don't own one, but have never heard anything bad about the supertuck. Nice holster indeed!
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

Quote Originally Posted by JimR View Post
    And I was totally surprised! When I took my class I was told the backlog was 4-6 months. Especially if one lived in Harris County. Which I do. Application was sent 11/14. Got the license today, 12/17.

Since I was assuming it was going to take awhile I was putting off the decision of what to buy to carry my Glock 27 concealed. Now that decision needs to be made right away. I'm thinking a Crossbread Supertuck or MTAC. And probably a shoulder rig for under the sport coat carry when I go to Church.
    Church? Did you pay attention in class?

I got my CHL in similar time. They've beefed up the team who are processing the applications.

I ordered the MTAC. It comes in on Tues or Wed. Can't wait! I've been carrying my G26 in a blackhawk IWB size 7 that suffices, but it's nothing compared to the MTAC.

Edit: Congrats!

Congratulations!!
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Go with the Crossbreed SuperTuck. And for church carry, just use the SuperTuck; it's tuckable :)
    "People should not be afraid of their governments; governments should be afraid of their people".
    -- V for Vendetta

NRA Associate Member

Quote Originally Posted by NickEMT View Post
    Go with the Crossbreed SuperTuck. And for church carry, just use the SuperTuck; it's tuckable :)
    Just to clarify, because I know it's legal in some states, but it's NOT legal to carry in church here in Texas.

Ooops... nevermind. It appears churches must post a sign now. This is a new rule. So, if your church doesn't have a sign, you can carry.

Congratulations! You better read every last detail, they may have been in a hurry seeing how they got it to you so soon. When I took my Kimber in to the Sheriff's Dept. to have it added to my license, I showed the lady that typed up my original how she screwed up on my zip code. She just said, "Oops....yeah wow....it should be ok though." I told her that I would be back in to have it changed if I ever had to taste pavement for it. LOL
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Congrats!
    Speaking of Church: getting your CHL in that time is miraculous!
    Kimber Pro Carry II; Night Sights
    S&W 340PD

congrats on the permit. i've got a G19 that i carry in a supertuck that i carry to church and nobody has said anything. i've had mine for about a month.

Quote Originally Posted by CarGunGuy View Post
    Just to clarify, because I know it's legal in some states, but it's NOT legal to carry in church here in Texas.
    Actually it is. We discussed this for about 15 minutes in class. As long as the Pastor/Elders, etc. don't prohibit it it's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    Congratulations! You better read every last detail, they may have been in a hurry seeing how they got it to you so soon. When I took my Kimber in to the Sheriff's Dept. to have it added to my license, I showed the lady that typed up my original how she screwed up on my zip code. She just said, "Oops....yeah wow....it should be ok though." I told her that I would be back in to have it changed if I ever had to taste pavement for it. LOL
    Yeah, just noticed they left my apartment number off my address. I'll be calling them tomorrow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links