Bad Fingerprinting

This is a discussion on Bad Fingerprinting within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So, I took the Fingerprinting form to my local PD station to have myself fingerprinted awhile ago (cant yet apply for another month) and although ...

Thread: Bad Fingerprinting

Bad Fingerprinting

So, I took the Fingerprinting form to my local PD station to have myself fingerprinted awhile ago (cant yet apply for another month) and although its obvious they are fingerprints they arent terribly clear. The cop who did it even said, "Oh, its a new pad...thats a lot of ink."

I have been reading stories of hold-ups within different systems as a result of bad fingerprints or improper forms, etc and am trying to minimize that so I dont experience any hold-ups whatsoever with my application.

Do you think its worth it to try and get a second set of prints taken (same police station, and hope for better results) or should I go with what I have already on paper?

(This might well be the result of me being anal...but wanted others' opinions..)

2. Remove Ads

Go over to the Sheriffs Department instead of the PD and see if someone in booking can roll your prints. The Jailers roll prints a hell of a lot more often then your average street cop does.

Second that. If any doubt on the prints I would not send it in if it was Texas. They would sure kick it back here.
    Carry 24-7 or guess right.
    NRA Life Member/TSRA Life Member
    Texas CHL Instructor. www.pdtraining.us

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    no electronic fingerprinting?

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    some small police depts. still use glass and a roller since they dont print much , sheriff's on the otherhand have a lot more printing , are better at it , and have more state of the art equip , at least in my experiance
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Electronic fingerprinting is just as easy to screw up as the ink version. When mine was done, the lady doing the prints, printed out a copy and didn't like the results.

She took an alcohol wipe and cleaned each of my fingers, and scanned them again.

This time, she pronounced them "good."

Both ways work well, when done by a real pro.

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

The Sheriff has the new electronic fingerprinting machine here. It goes through and "checks" that the areas that law enforcement looks at for matches and if it's not clear will reject the print before printout.

Also found out that while you are being fingerprinted, it's also checking your prints that the state of Oregon has on file for BG's right there and then.

It's also hooked up to the feds computer system and even after you're done it still checks the feds DB to ensure no hits.

Wayne

We have the capability of "Live Scan" also, but do not always use it. When you do the electronic transmital it does check for descriptor match via name, DOB, age, SS#, etc, etc. You are also check through A.F.I.S., N.C.I.C., V.C.I.N. (In VA), etc. So, your behind is thoroughly checked, and your prints saved until the end of time

Thanks for the responses, guys. I guess I will request another fingerprinting card and head to the sheriffs office this time.

I got my new card in the mail, went to the Jail/Sheriffs office, and had my prints taken again. Compared to the old ones, the ink is less heavy and the prints are substantially clearer on these new ones.

Well, thats one thing they *hopefully* wont have any problem verifying..

Thanks for the advice, guys.

well i had to go and do them again , the sheriff's office took them first time on electronic. the osbi sent me new cards with the ones they wanted redone marked . i went back to the jail and the deputy redid them with the good ink. she was a pro at it and i don't see a prob with them this time. hopefully wont slow me down much as i went next day after recieving the cards in the mail.i'm just 3 days shy of 60 of the 104 that they say it could take, plus now the redoing of prints . some buds still waiting on theirs past 90.
    good luck all

elance

Links