Where do you keep your CCW license?

This is a discussion on Where do you keep your CCW license? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; When I I flip open my "Duo Fold" wallet to show my Drivers license for something right above it is my CCW license for all ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Where do you keep your CCW license?

Where do you keep your CCW license?

When I I flip open my "Duo Fold" wallet to show my Drivers license for something right above it is my CCW license for all to see.
    Is that a good or bad idea?

What are your opinions please

Thank you in advance.

Sled

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Most people don't even know what it is unless they have a CCW themselves so it really doesn't matter. If they have enough time to stop and read what it is then they better be a friend because they are being WAY to nosy. Either that or they are seriously invading your personal space and you have every right to say, "Excuse me."

I just put my CCW behind my Driver's License so that if I have to give it to an LEO I can grab them both at the same time.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    how many people do you hold your wallet open for?...do you want the cashier at walmart to know you are carrying a gun concealed?...i cant think of a good reason to display the license unless you are required to....

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bladenbullet View Post
    how many people do you hold your wallet open for?...do you want the cashier at walmart to know you are carrying a gun concealed?...i cant think of a good reason to display the license unless you are required to....
    Assuming, of course, that the WalMart attendant even knows what a CCW permit looks like and what it is and just because you are carrying a permit does not necessarily mean you are currently carrying a gun.

Currently there are two different CCW permits in my wallet and I am not carrying a gun at this moment. The presence of a permit does not verify the presence of a gun.

I have actually used my permit for photo identification when I misplaced my DL and the official looking at it had to stare and read it for three minutes before it dawned on them that it was a permit to carry a concealed firearm. They didn't ask if I was currently armed.

I keep mine right behind my drivers license. It's not a badge so I see no reason to present it unless I have to.

I have to agree with Limatunes...most wont know what it is anyway. Seems its as good a way to carry your ID as any other. A LEO is going to ask you to take your ID out anyway, so it does not help there if that is what you are looking for.
    Andy
    You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas - David Crockett
    When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

Right behind my D L .

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    Assuming, of course, that the WalMart attendant even knows what a CCW permit looks like and what it is and just because you are carrying a permit does not necessarily mean you are currently carrying a gun.

Currently there are two different CCW permits in my wallet and I am not carrying a gun at this moment. The presence of a permit does not verify the presence of a gun.

I have actually used my permit for photo identification when I misplaced my DL and the official looking at it had to stare and read it for three minutes before it dawned on them that it was a permit to carry a concealed firearm. They didn't ask if I was currently armed.
    i think that is obvious...my actual point is why display it regardless of who knows what it is or not...you dont display your gun and should not advertise that you "may" be carrying one either...a valid form of id?...sure...but it wouldnt be the first thing you would show someone i'm sure....

maybe it would be helpful if you knew that in florida our license boldly states across the top..."concealed weapon or firearm license"...the checkout person at walmart wouldnt have to strain to figure that one out...and i'm sure the dmv would pick up on it in less than 3 minutes...

Two places; the original is behind my driver's license, and a copy is in the security pocket of my SmartCarry holster.

Bobo
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other"
    ~John Adams

Behind my drivers license....Can pull both out at same time when presenting to an officer

In my 'ultra thin' leather money clip along with my DL and 4 other pieces of info...that's it...and some $$ of course.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Right behind my DL, an ID always comes out of the wallet when asked for. I never show them my whole wallet with pictures of kids, other certs/licenses in it, and financial info.
    How often do you actually get asked for ID outside of a traffic stop? I've only been asked once in the last few months at WW.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws... serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Cesare Beccaria

I carry my CCL in my Badge wallet, and my DL in another wallet. I try not to 'flash' my badge around.
    Uncle Dannie
    FOP Lodge 55, RPOAC, NRA Life Member

One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory

Face down, behind my DL

I keep mine in one of the 3 Credit Card slots, but it is turned upside down. The first time I put it in there, I noticed that the only part showing was a blue bar that said Concealed Weapon or Firearm Permit and I decided that I don't need any questions about that. By turning it upside down, it is just a white card with a little bit of innocuous upside down writing.
    I am the Walrus...Goo Goo Goo Joob

“Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.” –Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links