I hate working in the 'hood...

This is a discussion on I hate working in the 'hood... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Tell them you cant sleep at night and need a transfer...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I hate working in the 'hood...

Tell them you cant sleep at night and need a transfer

2. Remove Ads

I carried. Without a second's thought. My life was much more important than some ridiculous company policy that forbade me being protected in a gang area just so the company could make money off of them.
    Walther P99 AS full size 9mm
    Kahr P9 compact 9mm

NRA
    Michigan Sheriff's Association
    “The key is to hit them hard, hit them fast, and hit them repeatedly. The one shot stop is a unit of measurement not a tactical philosophy.” Evan Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    What is more important to you? Your job or your life?

Can you take another position elsewhere?

Otherwise, if it were me, I would continue to document complaints to the parties you listed above, as well as their responses....and then carry against company policy using a deep concealment holster.
    This is exactly what i would do too. Your life and personal safety are worth more than any job is, and if they are unwillingly to accept your concerns about the lack of it at that location, then i would carry. This is one of those exceptions to the rule IMO about company policy and carrying. I would contiue to be proactive though and not become complacent once carrying a gun. Your job will be worth nothing if you're dead.

With my employer, guns are prohibited anywhere on the premises, however I talked to my HR and showed her my permit and she said what's in my car is my business and do what i felt i should do, just dont tell anybody. Now this isnt carrying while working but i feel that much better that i do have a gun a hundred yards away in my car.
    Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    If you are living your life worried about being a victim all the time and not enjoying life to the fullest, you are already a victim...
    -You don't know what you don't see-

1*

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by BkCo1 View Post
    Sometimes a man has to do what a man has to do.
    Get my drift.
    Semper Fi
    True that!
    +1

I am also familiar with the area and the surroundings. I would carry against the policy and begin an active look for other employment possibilities.

Regards

J
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

Keep looking for another job, in the mean time do what you have to do for your safety. We have read many stories of delivery guys that went against company policy, had to defend themselves to save their lives and werre fired. You have to cover your arse.

Good luck to you.
    Keep your powder dry

I had to be in a lot of unsavory areas with my job before I retired and the policy was no guns allowed or you are fired! I decided that being a model employee and obeying all rules would be of little value engraved on my headstone! I did what I had to do and I suggest you do the same!! Be safe and good luck..SemperFi
    Most people go through life wondering if they made a difference. Marines don't have that problem! Ronald Reagan

Anyone notice that the wimps that set "corporate policy" sit in an ivory tower in a pretty good part of town with armed security guards in the lobby?

Deep concealment or bladed weapon. Document their disarming you in writing and make them inform you that way.

Make them CONTINUE to update you on "improving" your safety!!!`

Bladed weapon, collapsible baton, vest... or carry. I'm sure since the company is not letting you defend yourself, they'll assume liability for your safety on the premises. (Right.)

Your job doesn't matter if you get shot down.
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

Everybody here knows the slogan " Rather be tried by twelve than carried by six ", well in your case the jury is your employer. I dont advocate breaking the law, but we're all adults here and personal discrestion when it comes to safety IMO trumpths any rule.
    Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    If you are living your life worried about being a victim all the time and not enjoying life to the fullest, you are already a victim...
    -You don't know what you don't see-

1*

NRA Member

Wink Odd thing about vests...

Quote Originally Posted by dnowell View Post
    At the very least consider wearing a kevlar vest. You can get a secondhand one for not too much money. EMS is fast enough that most limb hits won't be terminal. The head is a relatively small target. Not ideal but it sure improves your odds.
    Odd thing is that excluding the trauma plate, a vest might not stop a knife. In my neck of the country, the punks are more apt to be carrying a blade than a gun. Might have something to do with the dominant cultures in our population. Cuban and Haitian are mostly fishing cultures for livelihoods. So many of our latinos feel naked without a blade. That's why you have to be on +P+ security level because some of these guys can hand you your liver before you know what's happening. Situational awareness isn't just important, it's everything!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Personaly I wouldn't have asked and just started packing. That way if you got busted you could have at least played dumb. "oh I didn't see that in the handbook " When I did land survey I toted $10,000-$50,000 equipment through the hood and did what I had to do in the unsavory areas. My employer had a "don't ask don't tell" policy though. Ditto on the p-238.
    Either you are a weapon and your gun is a tool or your gun is a weapon and you are the tool.
    ----- FMD

Which do you fear more: getting canned if caught with a concealed firearm or getting dead obeying the company rules? Either choice has a downside.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

If they don't pat you down then forget about it! If money is a concern get yourself a ruger LCP. good gun with a great price
    "Shotgun bullets are bad for your health"
    -Ice Cube

Carry a .38 J frame or a small 9mm semi auto with a DeSantis Nemesis in your front pocket. Unless you tell someone, nobody will ever see it and you will have good insurance on your life. Jobs come and go, but you only get one life so make it a long healthy one...OK?

Ditto on the Ruger LCP also.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links