Random CCW police encounters

This is a discussion on Random CCW police encounters within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been sitting here at work reading on this forum about a few encounters with law enforcement while carrying. I figured I would share ...

Thread: Random CCW police encounters

I have been sitting here at work reading on this forum about a few encounters with law enforcement while carrying. I figured I would share a couple that stand out to me.

The Good- I was stopped a few months ago for no seatbelt. The officer rode up beside me on a 4 lane street, saw I wasn't buclkled, fell in behind me and pulled me over. Once pulled over, he sat in his car a while. When he approached my window I handed him my license and firearm permit. Here in MS we aren't required to notify, but I have gotten in the habit in case I am stopped in a state that does require it. He says he sat in his car a while waiting for me to buckle up before he came to the window. He said he was going to give me a chance to get out of the ticket. I replied that I saw no reason to do that since that was obviously the reason I was pulled over. He wrote my ticket, handed me back my license and permit, and I was on my way.

The Bad- I was pulled over around Monroe, LA by a state trooper. I was in a group of cars traveling around 10MPH over the speed limit. LA troopers hate MS tags, so guess who got pulled over. Anway the trooper approached the rear of my vehicle and would not come any further, keeping his body totally concealed by my vehicle and only sticking his head and one hand out to motion for me to join him at the rear of the vehicle. I was not carrying on my person, since I had removed my revolver from my pocket and into the pocket of my driver's door. I handed the trooper my license and firearm permit. He was writing down my info when he realized he had 2 of my IDs. He looked at the firearm permit, looked at the .38 visible in my door pocket, and stepped back with his hand on his weapon. I honestly though the guy was going to draw on me. I was frightened to say the least. After he stopped moving backward and decided I wasn't going to shoot him, he returned to writing my ticket. He was extremely nervous during the entire stop, which in turn made me nervous about the whole situation

The Funny- Ok, this didn't happen to me, but to a friend. He works about and hour and a half from his house. Instead of driving daily, he has a camper parked in a campground close to work where he stays during the week. He wants to be armed while staying up there, but doesn't want to leave his firearms there while he is home on the weekends. A few weeks back he was heading home, with the few pistols he tok with him. He has a Taurus 17hmr revolver in one pocket, a NAA 17hmr in one pocket, and a S&W .45acp on the seat beside him. He was pulled over for speeding. He presented the officer with his DL and firearms permit. The officer asked the age old "Do you have any weapons on you?" question after seeing the .45 on the seat. He responded yes. The officer asked him to stepout of the vehicle so he could retrieve the .45 for the remainder of the stop. My friend complied. The officer unloaded the pistol and placed it in the bed of the truck. He then asked if he had any more weapons to which my friend responded yes. The officer asked him where and he told him about the Taurus in his left pocket. The officer removed it, unloaded, and placed next to the S&W in the bed of the truck. The officer asked again, "any more weapons?" after seeing the pocket kife clipped on his pocket. My friend says yes, and the officer removed it and places it in the ever growing pile in the bed of the truck. The officer starts taking down all of his license info when my friend asked if he wanted the other pistol. The officer responded "yes, is it in the vehicle?" My friend let him know that it was in his right pocket. Same thing, remove, unload, place in the bed. The officer then resumes taking his information when my friend asked his feelings about nunchucks (he had a pair in the door of his truck that he brought to show a co-worker). The officer, with a puzzled look, asked "yeah I need those, where are they?" These get added to the pile too. After it is over with my friend get a warning for speeding. There is a S&W .45acp, a Taurus 17HMR, a NAA 17HMR, a pocket knfe, and a set of nunchucks in the bed of the truck. The officer said he appreciated his honesty, since he could have stopped at the .45 on the seat. The friend said it was pretty comical seeing the look on the officer's face each time he stated he had another weapon.

Anyway, thought I would share these random LEO encounters. Hope you enjoy.

All that and the officer missed the case of hand grenades in the back seat? :
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley

VIP Member
    Good stories, thanks for the post.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by gdm320 View Post
    All that and the officer missed the case of hand grenades in the back seat? :
    Yeah, he was definitely prepared for the worst.

haha, thank your friend for the laugh for me!!!
    BLONDIE: You may run the risks, my friend, but I do the cutting. If we cut down my percentage... cigar? Liable to interfere with my aim.

Sponsored Links