Defensive Carry banner

What is your everyday carry set-up?

45K views 183 replies 90 participants last post by  JXONE 
#1 ·
Ok folks, let's see some of those EDCs. This is mine:

Springfield XD-9 SC in a Blackhawk Serpa holster, 16 round spare magazine, Buck Strider folding knife, Sure Fire G2 LED flashlight, and the most important tool...my cell phone.

See less See more
#34 ·
What is your everyday carry set-up?
OK, I gotta ask... Why people consider a cell phone, wallet, keys, etc as part of their "CCW gear"?

Even if I wasnt concealed carrying, I'd still have my cell/keys/wallet with me anyway. Therefore, its not part of my "gear". I wear boxer shorts and shoes while carrying too, but I dont consider them part of my gear either. Know what I mean?

I notice lots of you carry a highpowered mini flashlight. Clue me in...
Who knows. It certainly cant hurt, however I find it unnecessary. Same goes for a pocket knife, pepperspray, and gazillions of extra mags. I'm sure that stuff could be handy on occasion, but I dont like carrying a Batman belt of gizmos and gadgets all the time.

BTW, Glock 27 Serpa OWB at 4:00, or a Ruger 380 LCP in pocket holster by Blackhawk.
Nice choices. :hand10:

#39 ·
OK, I gotta ask... Why people consider a cell phone, wallet, keys, etc as part of their "CCW gear"?

Even if I wasnt concealed carrying, I'd still have my cell/keys/wallet with me anyway. Therefore, its not part of my "gear". I wear boxer shorts and shoes while carrying too, but I dont consider them part of my gear either. Know what I mean?
The thread asked what we carry every day. I don't carry my boxer shorts or shoes, I wear them. The stuff in the pic I posted is the stuff I pick up after I've gotten dressed. It is, therefore, the stuff I carry every day. EDC. At least, that's my take on your question.

#38 ·
No pics right now, but:
G17 with Hogue grips in a black Bianchi Carry-Lok belt-slide holster
Gerber 06 mil-issue (when in military uniform only- stupid MO laws). Really need to get the FAST (non- auto) version for edc.
CRKT M-16 in civvies
Pelican M6 LED tactical light
Spare leather mag pouch (sometimes)

Sometimes I carry the S&W in a nylon Uncle Mikes. But usually it's in a paddle holster I mounted with screws to the seat in my vehicle, as it's easier to get to when I'm driving than whatever's tucked in my pants or on my belt. It gets locked in the underseat steel safe when I go in somewhere.

Someone asked about why carry a flashlight?
We had them when I was contractor, as a cop, and in Iraq. Besides a tiny powerful flashlight being ridiculously useful in general, they come in handy for briefly blinding your target and simultaneously identifying your target. It can be useful in testimony to be able to affirm that you positively identified your target as a hostile before firing. I keep the flashlight by my bed for the same reason should there be a hostile intruder, or just some stupid drunk PFC who found the wrong door at 2 am.

#42 ·
if you carry gun, you should carry a phone, a light, and a knife, as well. i carry two knives, one is strictly for SD, the other is more multi-purpose. as was said before, many SD situations happen in low-light settings; carrying a light is logical. a phone is a must; if you're involved in a SD shooting, you need to be the one to call the police first.

other stuff, like impact weapons and OC spray are extraneous, in my opinion. i carry OC on my car keys, but i don't see myself using it, except on the occasional aggressive stray dog. and any hard, cylindrical object, like my pen, can be used as an impact weapon.

#46 ·
A powerful beam of light helps one see what they are shooting at. Or can blind the BG giving you more time to use non-lethal force. The cell phone is so you can call the police after taking the shot to in form them to not show up and shoot you.

#51 ·

1 SW 1911 PD
2 Spyderco Delicas
1 Cannister of Pepper Gel
1 UltraFire Flashlight
1 Spare Magazine
1 iPhone 3GS
1 set of keys with whistle
1 pen
WA and UTAH concealed carry permits

Also, my leatherman Juice S2 and Streamlight Stylus Pro get carried frequently too. When I carry the leatherman, it goes in the pocket with my keys. The streamlight clips to my shirt.

#55 ·
Not much worth looking at, but this is what I carry every day. OC in the warmer months and CC during the colder times of the year. It's simple and works for me. I work as a Correctional Officer though not a sworn LE position.

Attachments

#56 ·
I work as a Correctional Officer though not a sworn LE position.
God bless you, yall truly do not get enough credit for what you do. If I had to guess, a parolee would be more likely to remember, and hold a grudge against, their prison staff than they are their arresting police officer. Glad to see that you are prepared, should the unthinkable happen. :35:

And Merry Christmas Eve too all. :hand10:

#58 ·
My S&W 457 .45 acp in my shoulder rig

#60 ·
I couldn't agree more Gonzo. I don't leave home without my pistol, my surefire, pocket knife, spare magazine and a few other necessities! I'd rather have them and not need them than need them and not have them!!

#61 ·
Same reason I carry a CPR mask and Latex Gloves around with me (although I didn't get a picture of those) all the time!

#66 ·
Well, I just recieved the major components of what will make up my EDC equipment once I apply and recieve my CHL at the end of January.

For me on days when I'm not on campus, it'll be:
Smith and Wesson M&PC 9mm
Crossbreek Supertuck Horsehide
Kershaw Blur plain edge
Kershaw Scallion plain edge
Smith and Wesson S.W.A.T. partially serrated
and a Wolf Eyes Champion series light

The gun, holster, and light were just recieved tonight as Christmas gifts, I'll take a picture soon

#67 ·
Don't have a good pic of the EDC set up (need to take a few, note to self) but here is what it is:

Gun: Either an XD .40 service model or Glock 23

Holster: Blackhawk serpa

Spare mag in a Blackhawk mag holder

Folding knife

cell phone

TachTorch II 3 watt LED flashlight

#68 ·
For Routine CC, Weak Gun Is Enough For Me

After much ado, I bought a wimpy gun that has
just enough energy with fmj S&B ammo.

Size, weight, autolock are crucial factors for me.
I modified/corrected a KelTec p-32 g2 until it
was reliable, and easy to operate for my wife.

Now I am considering two more guns for routine carry.
NAA 22 magnum mini revolver when small is key,
and Taurus 738 TCP when small is less important.

[I know the 22mag from a short barrel is wimpy,
but …. small is important.]

Any comments ?

#70 ·
After much ado, I bought a wimpy gun that has
just enough energy with fmj S&B ammo.

Size, weight, autolock are crucial factors for me.
I modified/corrected a KelTec p-32 g2 until it
was reliable, and easy to operate for my wife.

Now I am considering two more guns for routine carry.
NAA 22 magnum mini revolver when small is key,
and Taurus 738 TCP when small is less important.

[I know the 22mag from a short barrel is wimpy,
but …. small is important.]

Any comments ?
My comment is: I may be mistaken, but I'm guessing you've never been in a violent encounter from a stranger on the street intending to do damage or in a fight for your life before.

#69 ·

G-23: Primary
XD9sc: BUG
Benchmade Griptilian
Fox Labs OC spray (sometimes I carry a 2 oz model)
LED 120 lumen Flashlight/Kubaton

I was new to photographing my stuff and I forgot the reloads. Since that photo was taken I have gotten a Ruger LCP so it frequently rides as a 3rd gun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.