What is your everyday carry set-up? - Page 3

What is your everyday carry set-up?

This is a discussion on What is your everyday carry set-up? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; g26 with quickclip...

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    EMT
    g26 with quickclip

Kel-Tec PF-9 with custom Ed Buffaloe OWB holster.

Probably a stupid question, as I am new to this site and only been CC for a few months. I notice lots of you carry a highpowered mini flashlight. Clue me in, I may need to be doing the same. BTW, Glock 27 Serpa OWB at 4:00, or a Ruger 380 LCP in pocket holster by Blackhawk.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamSean View Post
    What is your everyday carry set-up?
    OK, I gotta ask... Why people consider a cell phone, wallet, keys, etc as part of their "CCW gear"?

Even if I wasnt concealed carrying, I'd still have my cell/keys/wallet with me anyway. Therefore, its not part of my "gear". I wear boxer shorts and shoes while carrying too, but I dont consider them part of my gear either. Know what I mean?

Quote Originally Posted by whiskerygoof View Post
    I notice lots of you carry a highpowered mini flashlight. Clue me in...
    Who knows. It certainly cant hurt, however I find it unnecessary. Same goes for a pocket knife, pepperspray, and gazillions of extra mags. I'm sure that stuff could be handy on occasion, but I dont like carrying a Batman belt of gizmos and gadgets all the time.

BTW, Glock 27 Serpa OWB at 4:00, or a Ruger 380 LCP in pocket holster by Blackhawk.
    Nice choices.

Probably a stupid question, as I am new to this site and only been CC for a few months. I notice lots of you carry a highpowered mini flashlight. Clue me in, I may need to be doing the same. BTW, Glock 27 Serpa OWB at 4:00, or a Ruger 380 LCP in pocket holster by Blackhawk.

Thanks in advance.
    I like having a flash light, Power outage, signaling cars if there is a wreck at an intersection, etc. but then again I always carry 1 or 2 sharpy markers with me... they always come in handy LOL

Pepper spray would be one level in progression to DF where it is not lethal it could be used in cases where lethal force was not warranted.

Pt145, nebo flashlight, 3.5 inch U.S.M.C. knife. HTC Android eris phone, wallet and keys

34 hand guns and still going.....

EX-NRA lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    here's what i've been toting recently. i used to carry more, but i've managed to whittle it down to this:

Looks like I'm not the only one who totes around some Ventolin every day!

Currently I tote around the Wilson or Kimber compact in a Haugen "wedge" holster, hung on a Wilderness instructor's belt at 10:30. In my pockets are a Surefire E1L, wallet, albuterol, keys, spare mag, and cell phone.

Oh, and a Benchmade griptillian too.
    "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

No pics right now, but:
    G17 with Hogue grips in a black Bianchi Carry-Lok belt-slide holster
    Gerber 06 mil-issue (when in military uniform only- stupid MO laws). Really need to get the FAST (non- auto) version for edc.
    CRKT M-16 in civvies
    Pelican M6 LED tactical light
    Spare leather mag pouch (sometimes)

Sometimes I carry the S&W in a nylon Uncle Mikes. But usually it's in a paddle holster I mounted with screws to the seat in my vehicle, as it's easier to get to when I'm driving than whatever's tucked in my pants or on my belt. It gets locked in the underseat steel safe when I go in somewhere.

Someone asked about why carry a flashlight?
    We had them when I was contractor, as a cop, and in Iraq. Besides a tiny powerful flashlight being ridiculously useful in general, they come in handy for briefly blinding your target and simultaneously identifying your target. It can be useful in testimony to be able to affirm that you positively identified your target as a hostile before firing. I keep the flashlight by my bed for the same reason should there be a hostile intruder, or just some stupid drunk PFC who found the wrong door at 2 am.
    NRA Certified Instructor (6 years)
    Former LEO/DOD Contractor
    Active Duty Marine (Martial Arts Instructor)
    Glock 17, Kel-Tec P-11, S&W Model 60, various rifles

Quote Originally Posted by Grant48 View Post
    OK, I gotta ask... Why people consider a cell phone, wallet, keys, etc as part of their "CCW gear"?

Even if I wasnt concealed carrying, I'd still have my cell/keys/wallet with me anyway. Therefore, its not part of my "gear". I wear boxer shorts and shoes while carrying too, but I dont consider them part of my gear either. Know what I mean?
    The thread asked what we carry every day. I don't carry my boxer shorts or shoes, I wear them. The stuff in the pic I posted is the stuff I pick up after I've gotten dressed. It is, therefore, the stuff I carry every day. EDC. At least, that's my take on your question.
    He said to them, "But now let the one who has a moneybag take it, and likewise a knapsack. And let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one."

- Luke 22:36 (ESV)

The OP asked about EDC gear, not CCW gear.

I notice lots of you carry a highpowered mini flashlight. Clue me in, I may need to be doing the same.
    A good light is amazingly useful whether you carry a gun or not. Most citizen involved shootings occur in low light conditions. You need to be able to identify your target.
    Who knows. It certainly cant hurt, however I find it unnecessary.
    Being able to see what you're considering shooting at is unnecessary?
    Same goes for a pocket knife, pepperspray, and gazillions of extra mags. I'm sure that stuff could be handy on occasion, but I dont like carrying a Batman belt of gizmos and gadgets all the time.
    I use my light and a knife everyday, often multiple times a day. In 15 years of carrying a pistol, I've never used it. I'm not going to stop carrying one because I don't use it everyday. 2 reloads is hardly a gazillion. 2 reloads, a knife or 5, and a light, does not a Batman belt make. I'm with you on the OC spray.

A combination of two of these, which two depends on my mood and dress:

-Landric

"The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them" -Felix

if you carry gun, you should carry a phone, a light, and a knife, as well. i carry two knives, one is strictly for SD, the other is more multi-purpose. as was said before, many SD situations happen in low-light settings; carrying a light is logical. a phone is a must; if you're involved in a SD shooting, you need to be the one to call the police first.

other stuff, like impact weapons and OC spray are extraneous, in my opinion. i carry OC on my car keys, but i don't see myself using it, except on the occasional aggressive stray dog. and any hard, cylindrical object, like my pen, can be used as an impact weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    ...and any hard, cylindrical object, like my pen, can be used as an impact weapon.
    Or your light.

Quote Originally Posted by unloved View Post
    Being able to see what you're considering shooting at is unnecessary?
    Fair enough. Maybe the types of environments that we frequent are different. I just rarely (if ever) find myself in zero-light situations.

In my mind, if there isn't enough ambient light with which to identify your target, there isn't enough light to identify the target as a threat to begin with.

My current EDC:
    Colt Lightweight Commander in a Sparks VM II, on a Beltman belt.
    X-tra mag/Surefire 6P (W/Malkoff upgrade) in a Rosen combo pouch.
    Old Case single blade pocket knife.
    Keys, Kerchief, cell. phone, lighter and wallet.
    Miscellaneous crapola.
    Sorry, no pic's.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Links