What is your everyday carry set-up?

This is a discussion on What is your everyday carry set-up? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A powerful beam of light helps one see what they are shooting at. Or can blind the BG giving you more time to use non-lethal ...

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your everyday carry set-up?

A powerful beam of light helps one see what they are shooting at. Or can blind the BG giving you more time to use non-lethal force. The cell phone is so you can call the police after taking the shot to in form them to not show up and shoot you.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Lost mine in a tragic boating accident.

G33

Or

G29
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

Dan Wesson CBOB .45 in Milt Sparks VMII

Here's mine. M&P 9C in a CTAC Holster with Comptac mag holder.

IF YOU STAY READY, YOU AIN'T GOT TO GET READY

1 SW 1911 PD
    2 Spyderco Delicas
    1 Cannister of Pepper Gel
    1 UltraFire Flashlight
    1 Spare Magazine
    1 iPhone 3GS
    1 set of keys with whistle
    1 pen
    WA and UTAH concealed carry permits

Also, my leatherman Juice S2 and Streamlight Stylus Pro get carried frequently too. When I carry the leatherman, it goes in the pocket with my keys. The streamlight clips to my shirt.

A traffic ticket is formal recognition of a lapse in situational awareness.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant48 View Post
    Fair enough. Maybe the types of environments that we frequent are different. I just rarely (if ever) find myself in zero-light situations.

In my mind, if there isn't enough ambient light with which to identify your target, there isn't enough light to identify the target as a threat to begin with.
    A good tactical flashlight has much more value than just illuminating things in a zero-light situation.
    A traffic ticket is formal recognition of a lapse in situational awareness.

Quote Originally Posted by Bm7b5 View Post
    A good tactical flashlight has much more value than just illuminating things in a zero-light situation.
    I love a good mag light. I drove the rear axle seals in on my samurai with a quad D mag light. Perfect size, worked like a champ and the light didn't break.
    S&W 3913 9MM
    Remington 870 Express Magnum
    Remington 721 30-06, Choate Varmint Stock, Harris Bipod, 6-24x50 Tasco Scope(Cheapo)
    Savage .17 HMR

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    After seeing some of these rigs I find myself humming the theme from Batman.

Northwest part of God's Country in Montana
    Not much worth looking at, but this is what I carry every day. OC in the warmer months and CC during the colder times of the year. It's simple and works for me. I work as a Correctional Officer though not a sworn LE position.
    Attached Images
    In a crisis you don't rise to the occasion but rather default to your level of training!

Forgiveness is between them and God, it's my job to arrange the meeting!
    -John W. Creasy (Man on Fire)

I work as a Correctional Officer though not a sworn LE position.
    God bless you, yall truly do not get enough credit for what you do. If I had to guess, a parolee would be more likely to remember, and hold a grudge against, their prison staff than they are their arresting police officer. Glad to see that you are prepared, should the unthinkable happen.

And Merry Christmas Eve too all.

VIP Member

Glad someone finally said this

Quote Originally Posted by Grant48 View Post
    Fair enough. Maybe the types of environments that we frequent are different. I just rarely (if ever) find myself in zero-light situations.

In my mind, if there isn't enough ambient light with which to identify your target, there isn't enough light to identify the target as a threat to begin with.
    I'm glad someone finally said this.

Sure, it is good to have a good light with the gun when at home in case there is a power outage.

Sure, if you are an officer going to darkened parts of town, alleys,
    basements, needing to serve and protect during a power outage, you need light.

Perhaps if you are out on a lonely rural road with no lighting, you need a light--both to see the bg, blind, etc; but if attacked in this environment it is most likely to be because your car broke down and someone 'stopped to help." It will be close up.

Why shlep a light along during the day? Why shlep a light along at night within a city if you stay on main thoroughfares and well lighted residential areas. Sure, there may be power outages and you might wander someplace you shouldn't, but you shouldn't!!!!

I keep a flashlight in the car console, and that is about it. I don't walk around with one.

My S&W 457 .45 acp in my shoulder rig

Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Senior Member Array TheGreatGonzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    I'm glad someone finally said this.

Sure, it is good to have a good light with the gun when at home in case there is a power outage.

Sure, if you are an officer going to darkened parts of town, alleys,
    basements, needing to serve and protect during a power outage, you need light.

Perhaps if you are out on a lonely rural road with no lighting, you need a light--both to see the bg, blind, etc; but if attacked in this environment it is most likely to be because your car broke down and someone 'stopped to help." It will be close up.

Why shlep a light along during the day? Why shlep a light along at night within a city if you stay on main thoroughfares and well lighted residential areas. Sure, there may be power outages and you might wander someplace you shouldn't, but you shouldn't!!!!

I keep a flashlight in the car console, and that is about it. I don't walk around with one.
    Hopyard,
    Respectfully, you could apply your same logic to carrying a gun. If you are an officer going to darkened parts of town, alleys,
    basements, needing to serve and protect you might need a gun. But you are not doing that, so why shlep a light along during the day? Why shlep a gun along at night within a city if you stay on main thoroughfares and well lighted residential areas. Sure, there may be unexpected dangers and you might wander someplace you shouldn't, but you shouldn't!!!! So why do you bother carrying a gun since you most likely will never need it?

The reality is, you are much more likely to need a flashlight on any given day of your life than you are a firearm. What if you are in the mall when the power goes out. You have a flashlight in the car? How do you plan to manuever through the pitch black mall full of panicked people to get to your car to get your flashlight?

Sure, the only time you will actually need a flashlight is...well...when you need it! Just like your gun. Much better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. I'm not saying everybody needs to carry a UberWarrior Super Tactical Light 3000 on their belt 24/7, but how much trouble it is to slip a tiny little Surefire into your pocket? My pocket lite is like my gun and my knife...I don't leave home without it.
    Gonzo
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

Northwest part of God's Country in Montana
    I couldn't agree more Gonzo. I don't leave home without my pistol, my surefire, pocket knife, spare magazine and a few other necessities! I'd rather have them and not need them than need them and not have them!!
    In a crisis you don't rise to the occasion but rather default to your level of training!

Forgiveness is between them and God, it's my job to arrange the meeting!
    -John W. Creasy (Man on Fire)

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Links