Defensive Carry banner

What is your everyday carry set-up?

45K views 183 replies 90 participants last post by  JXONE 
#1 ·
Ok folks, let's see some of those EDCs. This is mine:

Springfield XD-9 SC in a Blackhawk Serpa holster, 16 round spare magazine, Buck Strider folding knife, Sure Fire G2 LED flashlight, and the most important tool...my cell phone.

See less See more
#5 ·
This is my everyday regimen.

S&W 3913 9mm loaded with "Q" Load +P+, Chambered, Decocked, Safety Off
A.E. Leather IWB Clip on holster (Not my favorite, doesn't fit my gun perfect, I am still trying holsters, but Im broke)
Streamlight Pen Light (I know its not the super duper tactical artificial daylight tube, but its small, cheap and will shine to the other end of my house, and the batteries last longer than ten minutes)
IPhone 3G-S
Kershaw Folding Knife/Prybar (I'm kinda embarrassed, I cant seem to find my knife, I always have it but I reached for it this morning and its gone):aargh4:

I am working on a spare clip situation. I ordered 4 mags for my pistol and got them but they were all mis-boxed and didn't fit.

Attachments

#6 ·
No pics right now, but my G23 is currently riding in a K&D OWB.......and that's it.
I'll put an extra mag on when I leave the house that stays in a Blackhawk kydex clip-on. I'll put a Surefire lite in my pocket if I'll be out a while, normally it stays in the car though......well, a light is in each car, 3 more in my desk, and one on the nightstand (a couple of Surefires and a few more Rayovac 110 lume 'cheapies'). Oh yeah, the Gerber folder lives in my left front pocket. The cell is either in a pocket or on my belt depending on my mood.

I really try to avoide the whole "Bat-Utility Belt" thingy.

#7 ·
Stuck at work, no pics (actually, no firearm on me) but...

Either a 1911, a Glock 19, or an H&K P7M8 in Fist IWB. Matching magazine pouch. Occasionally a S&W 610 or 66 revolver OWB to show off. Rare, but it does happen. Spare moonclips in a no name pouch.

BUG, Kel Tec P32 in no name wallet holster I bought here on D.C.

Kinfe. Today a Microtech, sometimes Cold Steel, Benchmade, Spyderco, Mantis, or one of my own designs. Depends on my mood.

If I carry a light, Surefire L1. AAA Maglite on my keychain.

Iphone. You do all have the shot timer from Surefire on your Iphones, right? I have been trying to carry my phone more, not used to that.

Been toying with the idea of replacing the Kel Tec and wallet holster with a Kimber Guardian pepper shooter.

#18 ·
#10 ·
4 days a week, this one, G17:

3 days a week this one, G30 (belt not shown):

#12 ·
Camera isn't charged up. In winter when I know I'll be driving, a Miami Classic holstering a Walther P99 with double mag holder under the other arm. In warm weather or if I know I won't be driving much I loved my CrossBreed Super Tuck!! In another 30 days or so I'll have my The Beltman dress belt here :) in the meanwhile I'm using an Instructor's style belt.

#26 ·
I am not a fan of the .380 caliber or mouse guns, but I want one of these. Damn sexy gun of you ask me.

#14 · (Edited)
My EDC setup. And this is just the basics.lol

Springfield XD40 (Chambered and ready to roll)
Fox Labs Pepper Spray
Coleman Max flashlight
S&W folding knife
Wallet
Keys
Cellphone

#16 ·

Springfield XD(M) in .40 S&W
Two magazines, for a total of 49 rounds of Winchester Ranger 180 gr. bhp.
Leather by NM Holsters.
Kershaw Zing
Coleman Max
iPhone 3G
keys

#17 ·
Beretta PX4 Storm .40.
Appendix carry in an Uncle Mike's softy.
10 and one chambered, decocked (no safety, G model conversion)
Winchester 165gr Supreme Elite hollow points.

#20 ·

Glock 26 with 11 rounds of speer gold dot 115 gr hp
Summer Comfort IWB Holster
Some baby Gerber knife
Fenix LD10 120 lumen. flashlight
Wallet with both CHLs
Keys
Blackberry - soon to be replaced by the Motorola Droid when I get my upgrade in mid January :image035:

#37 ·
Looks like I'm not the only one who totes around some Ventolin every day!

Currently I tote around the Wilson or Kimber compact in a Haugen "wedge" holster, hung on a Wilderness instructor's belt at 10:30. In my pockets are a Surefire E1L, wallet, albuterol, keys, spare mag, and cell phone.

Oh, and a Benchmade griptillian too.

#27 ·
jahwarrior72,

I Like your poor man's 'wave'!

#33 ·
Probably a stupid question, as I am new to this site and only been CC for a few months. I notice lots of you carry a highpowered mini flashlight. Clue me in, I may need to be doing the same. BTW, Glock 27 Serpa OWB at 4:00, or a Ruger 380 LCP in pocket holster by Blackhawk.

Thanks in advance.

#35 ·
I like having a flash light, Power outage, signaling cars if there is a wreck at an intersection, etc. but then again I always carry 1 or 2 sharpy markers with me... they always come in handy LOL

Pepper spray would be one level in progression to DF where it is not lethal it could be used in cases where lethal force was not warranted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.