Glock fans

This is a discussion on Glock fans within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; G36 and Kahr CW9...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Glock fans

G36 and Kahr CW9

2. Remove Ads

I have one thing against the Glock and that is safety. Much safer concealed carries on the market needless to say (I love my HK P7M8 - you simply CANNOT make an accidental bang without really trying). I have one thing FOR the Glock that I carry with a NY1 trigger and that is it is safer (still not safe enough for me but what the heck) and most important it is reliable as heck. I have five or six Glocks and have never, ever had a misfeed or misfire on any of them; something that I cannot say with my other guns (excepting the revolvers). If I could carry a wee revolver back and forth across the border with me that would be my carry choice I think. Cannot get much safer nor much easier to operate. Only downside for me is 6 or 7 rounds before the reload - ever try reloading a revolver under stress? Not pretty. But if that revolver is in a good holster and the cylinder cannot turn it's pretty safe.

Given my choice I'll go with a .45 ACP or .357Sig. If I have to settle for smaller and lighter I will go with something that is dead accurate and train to take the time to make those shots count. It is the most difficult thing in the world to slow down when you only have six rounds of 357 to make them count... and you CAN do it if you practice enough. Get out there and get the training guys. Center of mass is a fallacy - what you want is center of cardiovascular triangle (a triangle that crosses at the nipples with its apex at the base of the throat). Or if you feel that you've GOT to take the 'dead stop' shot, that's the cerebral cortex triangle shot; which has its base roughly across the lips and its apex and the bridge of the nose - a small target indeed but pretty much a given to have the expected results.

Whatever you carry, make sure that you are comfy with it and well practiced. IPSC/IDPA is a great sport and a great way to compete and get good practice. But you gotta have the training.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    I am not a Glock fan.

Never have been...never will be. With the ergonomics of a 2"x4 "and a look that is as ugly as sin itself, I just dont see me becoming a fan of it anytime in the near future.

However, just so that I can speak with authority when badmouthing one, I will occasionally open carry a Glock 21 with 2 other magazines. I'll even let people see me wear it, just so I can not be accused of not knowing what I speak of when trashing them. I only do this in the interest of fairness and objectivity.

Yes... it is hard at times and it is a sacrifice, but all of us Moderators have been known to go the extra mile to keep things moving along and because we love firearms in general. Its a dirty,nasty and sometimes dangerous job, but someone has got to do it.

I carry a Glock 29.
    He who angers you, controls you.

I have one thing against the Glock and that is safety.
    3rd rule of gun safety is to leave your finger off the trigger until you are ready to fire. Negligent discharges with Glocks pretty much depend on a failure of the rules of gun safety. If people dont take precautions to protect the trigger with a proper holster and cannot muster the skill and responsibility it takes to re-holster without pulling the trigger then those individuals are not safe with any firearm. Safety is not a Glock problem. It is a people problem
    "How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." -Suzanna Gratia Hupp

RPB
    Quote Originally Posted by Queensidecas View Post
    3rd rule of gun safety is to leave your finger off the trigger until you are ready to fire. Negligent discharges with Glocks pretty much depend on a failure of the rules of gun safety. If people dont take precautions to protect the trigger with a proper holster and cannot muster the skill and responsibility it takes to re-holster without pulling the trigger then those individuals are not safe with any firearm. Safety is not a Glock problem. It is a people problem

True.

But if a people can't keep a finger off a trigger, or their imagination worries them, they can always install a thumb safety on a Glock ... $135.00 installed.

Or, get a Safe-T-Block.

(By the way, Suzanna Gratia Hupp had a book signing in Lampasas a few weeks ago, I wanted to go, but couldn't make it)

I have Glock 23 hate its grips with a passion like its reliability..so im in a love hate relationship with it. It would not take much for me to part with it. That said it IS reliable.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Links