Kind of funny

Kind of funny

This is a discussion on Kind of funny within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just wanted to pass on something that just happened to me.. So, living in central VA, the family has been pretty much locked up ...

Thread: Kind of funny

Kind of funny

I just wanted to pass on something that just happened to me..

So, living in central VA, the family has been pretty much locked up in the house for the past few days because of the "blizzard of '09".. This morning I go outside to start clearing all of the snow off of the cars.. While doing so, a tractor comes down the street and decides to plow about 3 feet of snow right in front of my drive way.. I WAS HOT!!!!! I spent almost all day yesterday clearing off the driveway and helping my neighbors out.. I had it nice and clear all the way down to the road.. After the knucklehead decided to plow us in, i took out some tools and dug a hole out.. Basically big enough to get the family van out.. At this point, I just needed to get out and do something..

I jump back inside to gather up the family.. The wife was happy since she needed to get some food essentials that we were running low on.. Sooo, we go to Wal-Mart.. I'm pushing the cart following the wife and kids when an older woman stopped me and asked me to get something off of a top shelf for her.. As I do that, I hear this gasp behind me and someone saying something in Spanish.. Then I hear the old woman reply to the person in Spanish.. I turn around to see a hispanic couple smiling at me and giving me the thumbs-up.. I give the lady what she needed and asked her what they said.. She told me the gentleman said to his (i'm suspecting) wife, "That is why i'm glad we came to America, everyone wears a gun!!" and she replied with, "Doesn't it just make you feel safe??".. I reach down to feel and notice that when I reached up, my coat and shirt rode up and exposed my firearm.. I fixed everything, smiled and waved at all of them, and went along with my "daddy duties" of pushing the cart.. I looked at my wife and she was just shaking her head asking me to hurry up..

That IS funny!
    Yesterday my mag holder gave ME away!
    Today I was at the range with my new Walther P99 and out shot the rookie ATF agent that was trying DESPERATELY to requalify for her ability to carry on the job and FAILING so badly I just shook my head at the ATF range master. Now you know I had to put 5 smack dab in the middle of the 'head' on my target as my last 5 shots and was grinning like mad!
    Walther P99 AS full size 9mm
    Kahr P9 compact 9mm

NRA
    Michigan Sheriff's Association
    “The key is to hit them hard, hit them fast, and hit them repeatedly. The one shot stop is a unit of measurement not a tactical philosophy.” Evan Marshall

Thats good to hear, funny also.
    I had a WW employee walk by me the other day while I was shopping. She was an older lady and she looked at me an smiled, I then noticed her eyes shift down to my right hip, to where I was OCing my XD 40, at that moment I could actually see her gasp for air and her eyes got as big as a horse turd. She then looked straight ahead an kept walking.

No words were said and I was never approached. I thought it was pretty cool.

Links