I went to Jared's...then left

This is a discussion on I went to Jared's...then left within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here's a letter I sent to Jared Jewelers via their website...feel free to fill up their in-box. I would like to share my "sales-prevention" experience ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I went to Jared's...then left

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar

I went to Jared's...then left

Here's a letter I sent to Jared Jewelers via their website...feel free to fill up their in-box.

I would like to share my "sales-prevention" experience with your company.

I was Christmas shopping today for my wife and I drove to your store at the Carriage Crossing shopping center in Collierville, TN. As I parked in front of your store I noticed a sign on the door prohibiting firearms from being carried in your store. After reading this notification, I left without entering. I felt it important to let you know as a lawful Tennessee Handgun Permit Holder, I respected your wishes and did not enter your store. You see, today, just like any other day, I was legally armed while I went about my day of shopping. I then drove to Kay Jewelers and purchased a diamond and sapphire ring for my wife.

As long as it is your company policy to prohibit me from entering your store while exercising my right of self-protection, I will not shop at Jared's. I will also be sharing this negative experience with other like-minded handgun permit owners.
    Proud NRA member

2. Remove Ads

+1!
    He said to them, "But now let the one who has a moneybag take it, and likewise a knapsack. And let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one."

- Luke 22:36 (ESV)

Good work. Let us know if you get a response.

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    yes i just emailed a local mall that is posted online... haven't heard from them... not surprised.
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

I have mixed feelings about this certain case, because if it would've saved me 100+ dollars on a piece of jewelry that is more anywhere else, i would disarm and go buy. I am too strapped for money these days to not pass up on something because im trying to make a point. Dont get me wrong in the least respect, I agree with what you're saying and would do the same if i was maybe buying gas, or getting a sandwich, or renting a movie, etc etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    If you are living your life worried about being a victim all the time and not enjoying life to the fullest, you are already a victim...
    -You don't know what you don't see-

1*

NRA Member

You probably got a better deal at Kay's. You did good.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Is this the same jewelry store that got robbed not too long ago at Carriage Crossing? I wonder if the BGs in that case paid attention to the sign...I lived in C'ville for about two years, just left last May to move back to Destin, FL. Too much crime in the Memphis area, even in relatively safe Collierville.

Another way to protest Jareds. is to watch TV. They do a fair amount of advertising. Write to the producers of the TV show, explain your displeasure of their particular advertiser, and state you won't be watching anymore.
    Uncle Dannie
    FOP Lodge 55, RPOAC, NRA Life Member

One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory

and Macy's...?

I was in a standalone Macy's yesterday (Gilbert, AZ) - it was in a shopping "area", but not connected to any other store, as you would find in a regular shopping mall. To my chagrin, as my wife and I left the store, I saw the tiny-print sign at the bottom of the entry door, stating "no handguns."

I'm a long-time Macy's shopper, but this was the first time I'd seen that prohibition at one of their stores. I don't know if this is an Arizona peculiarity... has anyone else seen "no handguns" signage on Macy's stores elsewhere? I want to gather information before I put the letter to corporate HQ together.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Distinguished Member
    I was in there today, but I didn't notice any signs. I guess between all the traffic,
    snow and my hurt knee I wasn't as observant as usual. I usually look for that. I wasn't carrying because I went there after work, but while I was in there, I was wishing that I had my pistol. About 10 years ago 2 men fresh out of prison tried to rob a local jewelry store here. They had the worst luck of any bad guys, they picked a store where the owners were well armed. A shoot out commenced and the 2 bad guys lost. The story has been linked here before. It's a very good read. The store was Beverly Hills Jewelers if anyone wants to search ( Richmond Times Dispatch ).

I am going to go by Jared tomorrow, to see if they have a sign if they do I am going to get a refund and tell them why. Then I might ride across the river and shop at Beverly Hills.

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    I was in a standalone Macy's yesterday (Gilbert, AZ) - it was in a shopping "area", but not connected to any other store, as you would find in a regular shopping mall. To my chagrin, as my wife and I left the store, I saw the tiny-print sign at the bottom of the entry door, stating "no handguns."

I'm a long-time Macy's shopper, but this was the first time I'd seen that prohibition at one of their stores. I don't know if this is an Arizona peculiarity... has anyone else seen "no handguns" signage on Macy's stores elsewhere? I want to gather information before I put the letter to corporate HQ together.
    gasmitty,

I was in the Collierville Carriage Crossing Macy's, last week and did not see any signs posted there.
    Proud NRA member

Quote Originally Posted by redrick View Post
    I was in there today, but I didn't notice any signs. I guess between all the traffic,
    snow and my hurt knee I wasn't as observant as usual. I usually look for that. I wasn't carrying because I went there after work, but while I was in there, I was wishing that I had my pistol. About 10 years ago 2 men fresh out of prison tried to rob a local jewelry store here. They had the worst luck of any bad guys, they picked a store where the owners were well armed. A shoot out commenced and the 2 bad guys lost. The story has been linked here before. It's a very good read. The store was Beverly Hills Jewelers if anyone wants to search ( Richmond Times Dispatch ).

I am going to go by Jared tomorrow, to see if they have a sign if they do I am going to get a refund and tell them why. Then I might ride across the river and shop at Beverly Hills.
    I got spoiled when i worked at the Pawn/Gun shop because i got to carry everyday. About 18 years ago the shop's owner's son was shot and killed behind the counter during a robbery. Needless to say that place was WELL armed with handguns and shotguns strategically placed when i was there.
    Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    If you are living your life worried about being a victim all the time and not enjoying life to the fullest, you are already a victim...
    -You don't know what you don't see-

1*

NRA Member

Just thought I'd make mention that Kay and Jared are owned by the same company, Signet Jewelers Limited, so they unfortunately got your money anyhow.
    It's Great to be a Florida Gator!

Gene Police: "Hey You! Out of the Pool!

If I owned a Jared's or any jewlery store for that matter, I would offer a 40% discount to any customer that could show me their CCW and spend at least an hour in my store. And I would display the offer that took up my whole store front.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by PiperLambie View Post
    Just thought I'd make mention that Kay and Jared are owned by the same company, Signet Jewelers Limited, so they unfortunately got your money anyhow.
    Well...isn't that a kick in the pants!!! It will be even more interesting to see their response to my email. This makes me wonder if the "no gun" posting is company wide or just a local store policy.
    Proud NRA member

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links