Legal in TX and NC (thanks PA)!!

This is a discussion on Legal in TX and NC (thanks PA)!! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm amazed at how fast I got my PA non-residential permit. I'd say less than 2 weeks from the day that I mailed the application. ...

Thread: Legal in TX and NC (thanks PA)!!

Legal in TX and NC (thanks PA)!!

I'm amazed at how fast I got my PA non-residential permit. I'd say less than 2 weeks from the day that I mailed the application.

I gained a handful of states, but the ones that I needed were Texas and North Carolina because that's where I own property and will visit the most.

I'm a happy puppy!
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

2. Remove Ads

NICE !!
    Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    If you are living your life worried about being a victim all the time and not enjoying life to the fullest, you are already a victim...
    -You don't know what you don't see-

1*

NRA Member

did they call your references?
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

Please explain something to me. This might be a dumb question but I have a concealed permit to carry here in North Carolina and the reciprocity laws say that I am legal to carry in Penn. and Texas already. Why would I need to get non-resident permits from those states?

Quote Originally Posted by Lineman View Post
    Please explain something to me. This might be a dumb question but I have a concealed permit to carry here in North Carolina and the reciprocity laws say that I am legal to carry in Penn. and Texas already. Why would I need to get non-resident permits from those states?
    If you re-read the OP, you'll discover he owns property in NC and VISITS there, not resides there. That is why he needs a non-resident PA permit, which covers him in NC and TX.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Congrats on the new permit Boricua. I got a PA non-res permit a few months ago primarily because it gave me TX, where my brother lives. For some reason OH and TX do not recognize each other's permits. PA arrived in less than two weeks, whereas NH took four months. NH adds Mississippi and Alabama. Now that I have it, I may not bother renewing PA, since NH covers 2 additional states, but that is a few years down the road.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Quote Originally Posted by JDE101 View Post
    If you re-read the OP, you'll discover he owns property in NC and VISITS there, not resides there. That is why he needs a non-resident PA permit, which covers him in NC and TX.
    Lets say I live in N.Carolina but want to VISIT Texas or Penn. Can I not use my permit from North Carolina in these states since the reciprocity law says that both states honor my permit? I am really missing something here. I went to Savannah a while back to visit and since that state, and states in between,honor my permit, I wouldn't need a non resident permit from those states would I?......

VIP Member

Lets say I live in N.Carolina but want to VISIT Texas or Penn. Can I not use my permit from North Carolina in these states since the reciprocity law says that both states honor my permit? I am really missing something here. I went to Savannah a while back to visit and since that state, and states in between,honor my permit, I wouldn't need a non resident permit from those states would I?......
    You can, the OP lives in a state that doesn't have reciprocity with North Carolina and Texas. Therefore he had to get a permit from a state that does have reciprocity with NC and TX so he could carry there. Since you have an NC permit you are legal to carry in any state that has reciprocity with NC.
    -Landric

"The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them" -Felix

Quote Originally Posted by Landric View Post
    You can, the OP lives in a state that doesn't have reciprocity with North Carolina and Texas. Therefore he had to get a permit from a state that does have reciprocity with NC and TX so he could carry there. Since you have an NC permit you are legal to carry in any state that has reciprocity with NC.
    Thanks! Landric! ..........Got it

I think that I should've given a little more background, huh...

I moved from NC to MN this past summer. I got my MN permit, but it is not recognized in TX or NC. Now, with the PA non-resident permit I can carry legally in TX and NC again.
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Quote Originally Posted by Adkjoe View Post
    did they call your references?
    I don't think they did. My references are co-workers and at least one of them would've mentioned to me that someone in PA called them asking about me. Maybe, they have a random system of calling references, but I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by boricua View Post
    I think that I should've given a little more background, huh...

I moved from NC to MN this past summer. I got my MN permit, but it is not recognized in TX or NC. Now, with the PA non-resident permit I can carry legally in TX and NC again.
    From the looks of the weather forecast for the rest of this week and next, you may REALLY regret that move. The word "Blizzard" was used several times and WITHOUT the words "Dairy Queen"

My PA should be here soon!
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

Links