Kay Jewelers Doesn't Want Your Money...

This is a discussion on Kay Jewelers Doesn't Want Your Money... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i saw this on another forum; this particular store is local to me, so i decided to go and take a look for myself. this ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kay Jewelers Doesn't Want Your Money...

Kay Jewelers Doesn't Want Your Money...

i saw this on another forum; this particular store is local to me, so i decided to go and take a look for myself. this is what i saw:

seriously? dangerous ordnance? guess i better leave the C4 in the glovebox.

the sign irritates me. not because i can't go in; i have no plans on getting married, so diamonds don't fit into any of my long term plans. plus, i don't like the idea of funding slave labor in other countries.

no, what irritates me is the wording. the store itself is located in a strip mall; the parking lot is shared by a dozen other stores. pretty nervy, if you ask me, to forbid the possession of C4, RPGs, slingshots, and toaster ovens, while i'm shopping at Bed, Bath and Beyond next door.

for my ladyfriend, mind you.

i contacted their corporate office; they informed me this was company policy, for the safety of their customers and employees.

well, that makes it alright, i guess.

2. Remove Ads

Rediculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    If you are living your life worried about being a victim all the time and not enjoying life to the fullest, you are already a victim...
    -You don't know what you don't see-

1*

NRA Member

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    I don't see a photo...
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

They actually had a blue frowney face with question marks over it??? Sheesh, I won't do business there either. How dare they infringe on the on line forum rights.

If you post a link I'll send them my "No Business" form letter.

The one pn the other forum was about Jared. I think,they are owned by the same company.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

I don't buy jewelry (especially diamonds) from chain stores - it's usually cheap, low quality, and over-priced.

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Wasn't there a thread posted yesterday about the same thing and today I can't seem to find it, did it disappear or is this old age catching up to me again this morning in more ways then one.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

I think that other thread was for Jarred's Jewerly Store,, But they won't get my money either.

You guys have to stop taking this as a corporate slam against CHP holders. These policies are simply legal butt covering. They don't really care if you are unarmed in their store when it's robbed by an armed person.

They can legally cover themselves by claiming the armed robber violated their "no guns" policy. Additionally, they are also covered if some doofus CHP holder exposes his ccw and is jacked up and injured by security.

This issue has NOTHING to do with your rights, and everything to do with legally protecting them from lawsuits.

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    Mac, you have a great point. It's a legal liability thing. However, that still misses the point that their insurance doesn't demand it. Do they have these posted in places where CC is infrequent? I doubt they are up in CA or MA, so that means that they are likely selectively putting them up in places where lawful citizens carry. And that, frankly, is not okay.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    You guys have to stop taking this as a corporate slam against CHP holders. These policies are simply legal butt covering. They don't really care if you are unarmed in their store when it's robbed by an armed person.

They can legally cover themselves by claiming the armed robber violated their "no guns" policy. Additionally, they are also covered if some doofus CHP holder exposes his ccw and is jacked up and injured by security.

This issue has NOTHING to do with your rights, and everything to do with legally protecting them from lawsuits.
    Perhaps so, but actions do have consequences. A lot of us (you too, possibly) base purchasing decisions in whole or in part upon just such things. The corporation needs to know that they are, in fact, losing business right now to prevent some hypothetical possibility in the future. At some point, a tipping point may occur--and even if it doesn't, we still need to tell them the actual effect of their decisions. In this economy, a business that doesn't care why it is losing customers for whatever reason may not have a very good bottom line.
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

I agree with you, Reverend. However, if someone from MA walks in armed, they are either a LEO or illegally carrying. Again, they are "protected".

It's the same reason my company doesn't allow me to carry. They aren't stupid enough to assume the policy will prevent some loon from shooting up the office. They are just making sure they can't be sued for it

Until we get some legal reform, this will continue to be the case. If we keep voting in these politicians, we'll keep getting these results.

I agree we also need to continue to "vote with our wallets".

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar

oh, really?

Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    You guys have to stop taking this as a corporate slam against CHP holders.
    It may not be intended as a slam by the vice president of the legal department, but that's exactly what it is from our point of view.

I acknowledge that businesses can legally exclude me. I will simply vote with my feet. Jewels in particular are of no importance to me; I haven't had a reason to be in a jewelry store for decades anyway.

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    All I saw was a blue frowny face emoticon, too. What did the sign say at Kay?
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Quote Originally Posted by Keltyke View Post
    I don't buy jewelry (especially diamonds) from chain stores - it's usually cheap, low quality, and over-priced.
    +1 to that!
    most chains import from asia and india!
    S&W M&P 9C
    RUGER LCP
    S&W 5906
    COLT DET. SPEC.
    S&W 686-6"
    "If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck", Author un-known

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links