Defensive Carry banner

Kay Jewelers Doesn't Want Your Money...

5K views 20 replies 19 participants last post by  jjkjr 
#1 ·
i saw this on another forum; this particular store is local to me, so i decided to go and take a look for myself. this is what i saw:

:confused:

seriously? dangerous ordnance? guess i better leave the C4 in the glovebox.

the sign irritates me. not because i can't go in; i have no plans on getting married, so diamonds don't fit into any of my long term plans. plus, i don't like the idea of funding slave labor in other countries.

no, what irritates me is the wording. the store itself is located in a strip mall; the parking lot is shared by a dozen other stores. pretty nervy, if you ask me, to forbid the possession of C4, RPGs, slingshots, and toaster ovens, while i'm shopping at Bed, Bath and Beyond next door.

for my ladyfriend, mind you.:embarassed:

i contacted their corporate office; they informed me this was company policy, for the safety of their customers and employees.

well, that makes it alright, i guess.

:rolleyes:

See less See more
#4 ·
They actually had a blue frowney face with question marks over it??? Sheesh, I won't do business there either. How dare they infringe on the on line forum rights.
:rofl:

#7 ·
Wasn't there a thread posted yesterday about the same thing and today I can't seem to find it, did it disappear or is this old age catching up to me again this morning in more ways then one.:smile:

#9 ·
You guys have to stop taking this as a corporate slam against CHP holders. These policies are simply legal butt covering. They don't really care if you are unarmed in their store when it's robbed by an armed person.

They can legally cover themselves by claiming the armed robber violated their "no guns" policy. Additionally, they are also covered if some doofus CHP holder exposes his ccw and is jacked up and injured by security.

This issue has NOTHING to do with your rights, and everything to do with legally protecting them from lawsuits.

#11 ·
Perhaps so, but actions do have consequences. A lot of us (you too, possibly) base purchasing decisions in whole or in part upon just such things. The corporation needs to know that they are, in fact, losing business right now to prevent some hypothetical possibility in the future. At some point, a tipping point may occur--and even if it doesn't, we still need to tell them the actual effect of their decisions. In this economy, a business that doesn't care why it is losing customers for whatever reason may not have a very good bottom line. :yup:

#10 ·
Mac, you have a great point. It's a legal liability thing. However, that still misses the point that their insurance doesn't demand it. Do they have these posted in places where CC is infrequent? I doubt they are up in CA or MA, so that means that they are likely selectively putting them up in places where lawful citizens carry. And that, frankly, is not okay.

#12 ·
I agree with you, Reverend. However, if someone from MA walks in armed, they are either a LEO or illegally carrying. Again, they are "protected".

It's the same reason my company doesn't allow me to carry. They aren't stupid enough to assume the policy will prevent some loon from shooting up the office. They are just making sure they can't be sued for it

Until we get some legal reform, this will continue to be the case. If we keep voting in these politicians, we'll keep getting these results.

I agree we also need to continue to "vote with our wallets".

#18 ·
Well, I went to Kay's (J-ville, FL) Christmas eve, noticed no sign (I looked), purchased some bling for the estrogen-generators (S.W.M.B.O. and my daughters were HAPPY), and left.

Funny thing, nothing happened. Guess all in the store were safe while I was there with my sidearm. Well, I felt safer anyway.

#19 ·
sorry, guys, i don't know why it won't show up. it says:

" NO PERSON SHALL CARRY, POSSESS, HAVE UNDER THE PERSON'S CONTROL, CONVEY OR ATTEMPT TO CONVEY A FIREARM, CONCEALED FIREARM, DANGEROUS ORDNANCE, HANDGUN, OR DEADLY WEAPON ON OR ONTO THIS LAND, PARKING LOT OR PREMISES."

and, the response i got from corporate:

Your customer service representative is:Larry Gargus
Summary: OTHER

Dear Mr. Jahwarrior72,

I am responding to your letter concerning the Firearms/Weapons policy posted at our Kay Jeweler location at the Shoppes at Montage in Moosic, Pennsylvania.

Even though many states have laws permitting residents to carry concealed weapons and firearms, private employers have the right to ban weapons and prohibit persons with weapons from entering the premises. For the safety and security of our customers and store employees Kay Jewelers has made the decision to ban weapons and anyone possessing them from entering the store.

If you should have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.

Thank You,
Larry Gargus
Kay Jewelers
Customer Care Department

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.