MI no gun zones

This is a discussion on MI no gun zones within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Paul Blart - Mall cop to the rescue. Did anyone else enjoy that movie. Stupid, but I laughed a lot. No way would I trust ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MI no gun zones

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Paul Blart - Mall cop to the rescue. Did anyone else enjoy that movie. Stupid, but I laughed a lot.

No way would I trust mall security with the safety of my family.
    Walk softly ...

2. Remove Ads

I believe the MCRGO site only list businesses that someone has submited to MCRGO's site as being posted. I figure if they had a sign, and it's been removed or it's not at the entrance I come in then it doesn't exist to me.

The ONLY sign I have seen is the business office of Charter Communications, and looking at the MCRGO site, it appears all of their offices are posted.
    Even then the site says, NO WEAPONS. You (or a good lawyer) could argue that a Weapon is an offensive tool, and your gun is a defensive tool.

As far as malls, I have never seen a sign, but it's been a few years since I have been to Midland Mall.

I've never seen a no guns sign in Michigan except at Gander Mountain, and it states that it does not apply to CCW license holders.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tbroy View Post
    The only true 'pistol free zones' are on MSP's website. The malls and business's that are on MCGRO's site are private property that do not want the business of customers that choose to protect themselves. If you choose to carry in a mall that has a 'code of conduct rule' against the carrying of a firearm, the worst that they can do is ask you to leave. If you choose not to leave, then you are tresspassing. That's why it is called concealed carry. When my wife drag's me kicking and screaming to the mall, I don't really want to depend on the Barney Fife security guard to protect me from some gang banger.

YEP^^^^^What tbroy said,

If you get outted, and they ask you to leave, you leave.
    If you do not, then you are tresspassing and THAT is a chargeable offense. This is what the police will get you on.

"The good man has both right and need for arms; no law would dissuade the invader and the plunderer from having them. Since some will not, others dare not lay arms aside. Horrid mischief will ensue if the law-abiding are deprived of the use of arms. The weak will become a prey to the strong."
    Thomas Paine
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links