My 8 year old Daughter made me proud

This is a discussion on My 8 year old Daughter made me proud within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; While my 8 year old daughter and I shopped yesterday, I purchased some target 9mm rounds and was looking for pepper spray. She knows I ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My 8 year old Daughter made me proud

While my 8 year old daughter and I shopped yesterday, I purchased some target 9mm rounds and was looking for pepper spray. She knows I have and carry guns, I have taught her gun safety, and taken her to the range to shoot at her request. She asked me what pepper spray was and I explained. She asked me about situations in which I would use pepper spray or a gun and I explained (I gave her some scenario examples and she gave me some too). As we walked through the store and concluded our conversation, she stopped and gave me a BIG HUG and said, "we sure are lucky to have you for a daddy that does all of this to protect us and keep us safe and take such good care of us!" I thought I was going to cry right there in the store (what a sight, a big burly man crying with a little girl latched onto him). She realizes and appreciates my efforts. Thanks guys for the advice and knowledge shared in this forum. It is being passed to the next generation.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Nice!

Sounds like you got a great kid!
    That which does not kill us leaves us broken and bleeding...

Donít mess with the guy who can barely stand up. His remaining options for self-defense don't include your survival.

Convenire Volui Spectatus

What a wonderful story. Thanks for sharing that!

Wow, that's good.. I'm doing this with my niece right now.. Who knows, she may carry one day for her own reasons/accords..
    --I'M PROUD TO HAVE THE ABILITY TO BEAR ARMS--

Glock27/ KaBar TDI/ MTAC Holster. I have more also, but this combination works well..

I got teared up just reading it,,,,,, if that were me and my girls I would have been wiping my eyes man! My daughters often get to me with the insightful things they say. Your a lucky man.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    thats heartwarming stuff...

BD,

That's the stuff that money can't buy.
    Sounds like she is being raised right.
    Congratulations.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

What a great thing, here at the family time that is our holidays. Congrats for having a well raised daughter.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    While my 8 year old daughter and I shopped yesterday, I purchased some target 9mm rounds and was looking for pepper spray. She knows I have and carry guns, I have taught her gun safety, and taken her to the range to shoot at her request. She asked me what pepper spray was and I explained. She asked me about situations in which I would use pepper spray or a gun and I explained (I gave her some scenario examples and she gave me some too). As we walked through the store and concluded our conversation, she stopped and gave me a BIG HUG and said, "we sure are lucky to have you for a daddy that does all of this to protect us and keep us safe and take such good care of us!" I thought I was going to cry right there in the store (what a sight, a big burly man crying with a little girl latched onto him). She realizes and appreciates my efforts. Thanks guys for the advice and knowledge shared in this forum. It is being passed to the next generation.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimtem View Post
    I got teared up just reading it,,,,,, if that were me and my girls I would have been wiping my eyes man! My daughters often get to me with the insightful things they say. Your a lucky man.
    My daughter does similar to me, she's turns eight next month. She's very intersted in shooting, however the wife has stood in the way of teaching her. The compromise is a red ryder BB gun under the tree this year, can't wait for her to open it!

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Great story!
    Things like that make what we do, seems so right, even more so than our own feelings.
    That is a special girl you have there, cherish her.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Quote Originally Posted by shooterX View Post
    The compromise is a red ryder BB gun under the tree this year, can't wait for her to open it!
    With a compass in the stock?

Yeah, I have a 12 year old and she can put 9MM at center mass in a heartbeat. I always tell my anti-gun friends that it is ignorance that results in the child/gun tragedies we read about. Teach them and remove the "forbidden fruit" element and you are on the right track. Amazing how much joy a daughter can bring to a father, isn't it? Impossible to explain to someone who hasn't experienced it. Now if I can only skip that whole teenaged part....
    "Some men, you just can't reach"

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    ...she stopped and gave me a BIG HUG and said, "we sure are lucky to have you for a daddy that does all of this to protect us and keep us safe and take such good care of us!" ...
    What a wonderful Christmas present she gave you... and you gave us by sharing. Thanks!
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
    Yeah, I have a 12 year old and she can put 9MM at center mass in a heartbeat. I always tell my anti-gun friends that it is ignorance that results in the child/gun tragedies we read about. Teach them and remove the "forbidden fruit" element and you are on the right track. Amazing how much joy a daughter can bring to a father, isn't it? Impossible to explain to someone who hasn't experienced it. Now if I can only skip that whole teenaged part....
    Mine too!
    Now if you find the secret to that teenager part, please share!
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    Thats wonderful. Its nice to hear your appreciated now and then and its kids like her that will keep our beliefs alive in the next generation. Congratulations on raising a wonderful child and thank you for being a responsible parent.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links