It is all O.K.-- No Body is Home

This is a discussion on It is all O.K.-- No Body is Home within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I would not recommend clearing the house yourself. Let the local PD get shot first, right? Truth is, most of them have no more training ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: It is all O.K.-- No Body is Home

I would not recommend clearing the house yourself. Let the local PD get shot first, right? Truth is, most of them have no more training than the average CCW holder, oftentimes less. But they do have K-9s, body armor and back-up available.

On the other hand, I can't say that I haven't cleared my own house. I do have pretty extensive training in this and have actually trained my wife and father in the same techniques. BTW, house clearing in a combat zone can be expected to produce 70% casualties on official military operational risk planning tables. (Which, by the way, just goes to show what an absolutely incredible job our military has done in Iraq!) However, even the most experienced should not clear a house alone. Room clearing techniques are pretty much without exception taught for a minimum team of two. Usually four or more.

That said, it's your house, your life, your choice.

Just for fun:

IMPROVISED HOUSE CLEARING TECHNIQUE
    -Slowly approach door to each room
    -If door is already open, slice the pie cautiously and be prepared to fire immediately. If pie-slice reveals no threat, make stealth dual entry and sweep the room. If pie-slicing reveals a target, take action.
    -If door is closed, light the fuse on a strand of firecrackers.
    -Rapidly open door and toss firecrackers in while instantly retracting back away from the fatal funnel.
    -Once firecrackers go bang, make your dual entry with a high-power flashlight
    -First member goes in, immediately crossing out of the fatal funnel to the near wall, moving back against the wall, quickly and smoothly slicing the pie and addressing threats
    -Second member follows immediately, performing a mirror action of the first.
    -Maintain geometry of fires to avoid fratricide.

Or just rent the original Rainbow Six for N64 and do what they do. (I'm only halfway kidding! That game was pretty advanced in its portrayals of actual tactics. I often wondered if my MOUT instructors had just played the game and then written their TTPs from it.)

Legal Disclaimer: USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR ACTIONS SHOULD YOU EMPLOY THE TECHNIQUES HEREIN DESCRIBED. IF YOU HAVE AN EMERGENCY IN WHICH YOU SUSPECT YOUR HOME HAS BEEN INTRUDED, CONTACT LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT IMMEDIATELY AND DO NOT ENTER THE HOME.

Semper Fi
    NRA Certified Instructor (6 years)
    Former LEO/DOD Contractor
    Active Duty Marine (Martial Arts Instructor)
    Glock 17, Kel-Tec P-11, S&W Model 60, various rifles

2. Remove Ads

I have had a similar experience where we left the door open.. its a bit un-nerving. My wife had a startling one the other day, I had installed a new anti-virus program on the downstairs computer. As she came down the stairs about 6am she heard a mans voice from the kitchen. She sent the dogs down and came down weapon in hand to find the computer saying the AV program had been updated... always turn down the speakers...
    I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    A Claxton Fruitcake would be no great loss.
    My father used to eat those Claxton Fruitcakes when I was a kid. I can see in my mind right now that rectangular red and white package with the horse and buggy on it........ugh, I'm dry heaving just thinking about that.
    Attached Images
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    If it was Georgia Fruitcake (my wife's relatives own the company) then it was a real bad thing and I'd be calling the cops!

Georgia Fruit Cake Company - Home Page (shameless plug for GA Fruitcake)

A Claxton Fruitcake would be no great loss.

Seriously, coming home to an open front door would not be a good thing. I can only imagine.
    Collin Street Bakery beats GFC!!!!
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by bornlucky View Post
    BUT THE FRUIT CAKE WAS MISSING!!
    So did you report to the police that a deadly weapon was stolen from your house?

Quote Originally Posted by danhammondsr View Post
    So did you report to the police that a deadly weapon was stolen from your house?
    Don't worry, Homeland Security has a handle on the situation with the missing "fruitcake of mass destruction!"
    Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But, I repeat myself. ...Mark Twain: Manuscript note, c.1882.
    NRA Life Member & JPFO Member.
    Sig & CZ-aholic, a Ruger SP101 3" & Wiley Clapp GP100

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links