It is all O.K.-- No Body is Home

This is a discussion on It is all O.K.-- No Body is Home within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So, my family and myself arrive home from dinner. We do the regular thing, park, let the kids out, and head into the house. Tonight"s ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It is all O.K.-- No Body is Home

It is all O.K.-- No Body is Home

So, my family and myself arrive home from dinner. We do the regular thing, park, let the kids out, and head into the house. Tonight"s different! My wife approachs the front door first and immediately calls out," The front door is open". I do a fast rush to the entry so i can head off the children, (they are excited the door is open-they want first experience!) and try to access the situation. I enter the front door and do a shake down of the house. I do not draw my weapon, just kept my hand on my waist, as to not to cause alarm. To be honest when my wife called -the open door line, my thoughts were " We left it unlocked, as we left in a hurry for dinner". If I had any other thoughts I would have called the Police.
    It is situations like this that make CC worth the trouble! I mean everyday I DRESS my waistline, make sure I have a clean line. Then a single moment comes and I for once feel..............
    I can do something.

2. Remove Ads

so? what happened did you leave the door open because you were in a rush or did someone break in?
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

It's a bit un-nerving to see this. I came home from work one day and my door was open about 4 inches. I immediately thought one of my girls didnt latch it all the way and the wind opened it some, but i also thought i need to clear the house and check for stolen items. I went through every room and closet and everything seemed to be fine. Times like this is definitely nice to have a firearm handy.
    Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    If you are living your life worried about being a victim all the time and not enjoying life to the fullest, you are already a victim...
    -You don't know what you don't see-

1*

NRA Member

VIP Member
    Yeah what happened, did you leave the door unlocked or not?

Several years ago, before I carried, I was alone in the house early one morning. I woke and had to do that early morning "thing". As I walked to the bathroom, I heard a door slam downstairs. Well, that took care of "that early morning thing"! I ran downstairs (STUPID!) and discovered the back door standing open about 6"! I believe the sound of me moving around scared off an invader. WHEW!!!

Since I got my CWP, I either carry all the time, or if I'm at home, it's never far away. It ain't no good unless you got it!

I'm glad your situation turned out well.

CAVEAT: If you have ANY reason to believe someone is really in your house, do NOT attempt to clear it yourself. It's EXTREMELY dangerous Get to a safe area and dial 911 - let the pros handle it - they're trained and paid.

I beleive my wife and myself left the front door open. We left in a rush and forgot to lock the door. The lock and door were sound, my expensive Omega watch was still on my dresser, the computer was still there, BUT THE FRUIT CAKE WAS MISSING!!

Quote Originally Posted by bornlucky View Post
    BUT THE FRUIT CAKE WAS MISSING!!
    So is that what you told the wife ??
    Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    If you are living your life worried about being a victim all the time and not enjoying life to the fullest, you are already a victim...
    -You don't know what you don't see-

1*

NRA Member

but the fruit cake was missing!!
    Perverts!!!

There are some sick people out there!

Well Glad it turned out great for you!

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    Glad everything was ok. Way to be aware and get the kids stopped before they step into a ptentially dangerous situation.

I've had fruitcake come up missing at my house too...coincidentally it's always happened on trash day. Go figure.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    those sick ********!...

Hey, I like fruitcake!!!

Oh yeah, and glad everything turned out OK.
    I am the Walrus...Goo Goo Goo Joob

“Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.” –Benjamin Franklin

If you ever call 911 for assistance don't be surprised if they find nothing. By the time they get there in almost all cases the invader is gone.

I have never seen a trained LEO team clear a house. They usually ask you if you saw anyone enter or leave the house. They will then either just walk in and go from room to room looking or call for backup.

You will find that most of the small town police forces don't get the proper ongoing training needed to properly clear a house.
    The Second Amendment is about the right to be able to protect oneself from all who would do us harm including Legislators!

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone Else's blood, don't care if I go out the same way

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links