Unlikely Carry Permit Person

Unlikely Carry Permit Person

This is a discussion on Unlikely Carry Permit Person within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Went to my church on Wednesday evening (Dec. 23) for a rehearsal. I am playing the Congas on a tune with a lady from our ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unlikely Carry Permit Person

Thumbs up Unlikely Carry Permit Person

Went to my church on Wednesday evening (Dec. 23) for a rehearsal. I am playing the Congas on a tune with a lady from our choir on piano and the kids singing before the Christmas Eve service.

Upon arrival, I meet up with another lady in the choir as I'm getting my Congas out of the truck. They practice on Wed. nights. I had a .25apc in my coat pocket. Not to start discussion on my choice of weapon and caliber, it was handy to have just in case and my 9mm would probably have been a better choice, I know.

We noticed all the lights on, plus the doors were locked. She had the key to the door of the basement, where we were going in. She felt a bit afraid there might be someone other than chior members and organist inside.

I kind of blurted out, "Don't worry, I can put small caliber holes in anyone who might not be our friend." She looked at me and said without expression, "Well, I have a concealed carry permit!"

WOW! Didn't see that coming! Would NEVER have guessed she would have even liked firearms, let alone have a permit to carry one! I told her, "I also have one from WV and a Non-res NH one as well." There was nobody inside, apparently earlier in the day someone from the church brought poinsettias and didn't turn off lights as they left. She actually showed me her permit card. I didn't ask if she was carrying but just assume she would.

That makes four of us in our church that have permits, me, my wife, another guy and now the lady in the choir. I think my church has become a bit safer now by knowing others there have permits and can carry.

God does work in mysterious ways, doesn't He?
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    Onward Christian Soldiers...
    Proud NRA member

Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by orangevol View Post
    Onward Christian Soldiers...
    HAHAHAHA that's great!
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

You never know who will have one. LOL nice story thanks for sharing.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    It's a sad fact of modern day life that those who's job it is to protect us, don't. The police, fire department, and government have become first responders. When seconds count, only minutes away! Exactly the reason our forefathers armed themselves. Civilization has come full circle. Now it's time for revolution.

the majority of the people in my ccw class did not look like the type that would carry a firearm. that was good to see.

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    Protecting the flock from evil is one of the reasons I decided to get a Concealed Handgun Permit.

Merry Christmas

Unfortunately churches today have been force to have armed security people even in there services. These are usually large churches due to the high cost of insurance required. Smaller churches are resorting allowing those who have CCWs to carry during services. Of course that causes a significant problem that if anything should happen you done know who has a gun and may start shooting.

What a pleasant surprise...
    Stay armed...in church, too...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Well, good. I guess it's good to know more folks carry, especially at your place of worship. Things I would like to know are....
    A) does it make someone feel more comfortable knowing others around you actively carry?
    B) why or why not?
    C) there are permit holders, there are carriers, then there are those we might place too much dependency on when it actually comes time to pull the trigger. Out of those whom you have found out have a permit....what percentage of them would you place into each category?
    D) with your knowledge of those around you who have permits or you know carry.......how does this knowledge affect you personally? More at ease, more socially outgoing, more confident, etc.......?
    I'm not picking around, or fishing for anything here. I'm just trying to get a handle on how this affects folks that know others in their community carry. I'm still up in the air about knowing others around me carry regularly and how it would affect me good or bad or indifferent. Personally, I remain independent, of course my wife carries all of the time as well as me, and that sort of feeling/effect makes life wonderful for me. We've each got each others' back, and I feel confident about her while she is without me or at work.
    I would appreciate anyone's opinions that happen to be in that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Things I would like to know are....
    A) does it make someone feel more comfortable knowing others around you actively carry?
    B) why or why not?
    No, it actually makes me feel less comfortable. This is mostly because I know most of them lack proper training and they rarely practice. If SHTF I think they are just as likely to hit innocents as they are the bad guys.

I feel very comfortable with the ones I know have had training and who practice reasonably often with their firearm.
    A traffic ticket is formal recognition of a lapse in situational awareness.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Maybe you guys could start a Bible study. I guess it would be a little hard to advertise and invite people, but group activities and discussions could be a lot of fun. I think I have seen a few websites about groups of Christian carriers.
    Walk softly ...

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    Went to my church on Wednesday evening (Dec. 23) for a rehearsal. I am playing the Congas on a tune with a lady from our choir on piano and the kids singing before the Christmas Eve service.

Upon arrival, I meet up with another lady in the choir as I'm getting my Congas out of the truck. They practice on Wed. nights. I had a .25apc in my coat pocket. Not to start discussion on my choice of weapon and caliber, it was handy to have just in case and my 9mm would probably have been a better choice, I know.

We noticed all the lights on, plus the doors were locked. She had the key to the door of the basement, where we were going in. She felt a bit afraid there might be someone other than chior members and organist inside.

I kind of blurted out, "Don't worry, I can put small caliber holes in anyone who might not be our friend." She looked at me and said without expression, "Well, I have a concealed carry permit!"

WOW! Didn't see that coming! Would NEVER have guessed she would have even liked firearms, let alone have a permit to carry one! I told her, "I also have one from WV and a Non-res NH one as well." There was nobody inside, apparently earlier in the day someone from the church brought poinsettias and didn't turn off lights as they left. She actually showed me her permit card. I didn't ask if she was carrying but just assume she would.

That makes four of us in our church that have permits, me, my wife, another guy and now the lady in the choir. I think my church has become a bit safer now by knowing others there have permits and can carry.

God does work in mysterious ways, doesn't He?
    I guess someone was preaching to the choir.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

illegal to carry to Church in GA :(
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links