Will you carry on Christmas Day ? - Page 8

Will you carry on Christmas Day ?

This is a discussion on Will you carry on Christmas Day ? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ep1953 Have you never heard of anyone being attacked by a loose pit bull while walking? I did carry to my son's ...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Will you carry on Christmas Day ?

Quote Originally Posted by ep1953 View Post
    Have you never heard of anyone being attacked by a loose pit bull while walking?

I did carry to my son's house just over a hundred miles away. A fun time was had by all. My 4 yo grandson got a bunch of dinosaurs including one from me that walks and roars! The boy loves dinosaurs, snakes and bugs! What a kid.
    Point taken and yes, I have heard of that happening quite a bit. Fortunately I have some big dogs that like to walk with us and if my brother or I see a pit bull, he's going to get rifled from afar. I basically have a small farm and animals that don't belong here AND are aggressive don't last long.

And Thumper....

Originally Posted by Thumper
    So it's the day after... anyone get busted?

LMAO!
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Yes I did...

carry.
    Busted? the whole family has come to expect it.
    Still the lone ranger though, for now.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

I don't celebrate Christmas but I carried. Every year my wife and I run a homeless shelter in our synagogue for the week that includes Christmas. I was one of two all-night sleepover volunteers on Christmas Eve. We had an air mattress set up in one of the classrooms so that we could sleep in shifts, and even though I laid down, the Glock 23 never came out of its IWB holster. A spare mag of Cor-bon DPX stayed in its place on my belt, too. The other sleepover volunteer had a Walther PPK in an ankle rig. So much for American Jews being left wing anti-gun liberals!

After the bus took everyone away, I stayed and cleaned the building (as I did every morning), then went home and crawled into bed. The Glock stayed with me on the nightstand.

Carried my Glock 27 all day long at the family get together.

Quote Originally Posted by Brady View Post
    Yes I did...

carry.
    Busted? the whole family has come to expect it.
    Still the lone ranger though, for now.

buy Keltecs for all next year
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

Yes I did

Carried my para carry 12 and my 357mag

I carried at all of my relatives houses and I don't believe anyone noticed.

My girlfriend did make some snarky comments though when we went to the movies with her family last night. Apparently I'm "paranoid" and it's "just the movies."

I thought I was making progress with her...guess she still doesn't understand why I carry.
    Proud NRA & MCRGO Member

"The handgun would not be my choice of weapon if I knew I was going to a fight....I'd choose a rifle, a shotgun, an RPG or an atomic bomb instead."

Anyone have to fight off attackers?
    Regards,
    Jerry

No carry on Christmas b/c I knew I would have some wine with dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Of course. I got to work.
    Oh sweet retirement, joined the Auxiliary and pick and choose my
    own hours.
    And I carried my trusty j-frame.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

My XD .40 doesn't read the calendar.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

NRA Member / Ohio Conceal Carry Instructor
    CHL Holder

Yes I did. I went to a friends house with a boat load of children. I left my G30 in my truck but had my Ruger LCP in my front pocket. When I got back into my truck the G30 was immediately holstered. I did leave my holster exposed during my visit.
    Courage: "Do not follow where the path may lead...go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

Retired Army, Infantry
    NRA Life Member

Yep - Always. "Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it."

The only place I went was over to the in-laws. I carried my g26 in a crossbreed supertuck. They all know I carry and quite frankly they respect that (and kinda like it) but dont make that choice for themselves. One notable exception is a really mouthy cousin of my wife. She thinks I am "crazy" and just completely mocked me for the practice. I didnt get upset because she is only 24 and extremely ignorant of the world. She had no response when I asked her if she has ever had to call 911 or been in any situation where her life was in danger. I also told her that according to the FBI 90% of rape attempts are unsuccessful when the woman has a weapon. THAT seemed to stick and I suspect she will be singing a different tune about the topic next time we meet.

In my experience most young women are very belligerent and ignorant about concealed carry. We have clearly failed at getting our message out to this group of people. The media as been MUCH more successful at programming the younger generation and I take every opportunity to undo this brainwashing.
    "How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." -Suzanna Gratia Hupp

Seems like to me that when the naysayers start their, well you are just paranoid routine, just ask them if they have been following the news? Most reply, well haven't had time lately. I get a look like I have two heads (so predictable) my next line is usually something like well, will you ever get it? You live in your little world and all is well. The fact is we all live in a big world. Maybe someday someone will wake you up to the real world and I truly hope someone is there to rescue you. God forbid that ever happens! That will usually get them to thinking. They just can't seem to answer back, except the LEO'S will take care of them, till I point out the facts. With all due respect to all LEO'S out there, they just can't be everywhere, all the time. Impossible. I usually end up still being the BG before it's all over. Oh well that's the way I choose to roll. HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL! Be safe..

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Sponsored Links