Blind CCH holder - Page 2

Blind CCH holder

This is a discussion on Blind CCH holder within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If a "Shall Issue" state issues a CCW based on a belief in the "rights" stated in the Second Amendment........... I would simply like to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If a "Shall Issue" state issues a CCW based on a belief in the "rights" stated in the Second Amendment...........

I would simply like to know which "rights" granted under the Constitution we limit based on a handicap..........?

Or, am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Hog Rider View Post
    If a "Shall Issue" state issues a CCW based on a belief in the "rights" stated in the Second Amendment...........

I would simply like to know which "rights" granted under the Constitution we limit based on a handicap..........?

Or, am I missing something?

CCW= slave permission slip to possess weapons...........VT ans AK have it right
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

Go for it. If somebody comes into the house that isn't welcome there, it won't be hard to tell it's a BG. Just have her spend plenty of time practicing and figuring out what she is capable of.
    Logan - NRA Member

Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP

Laugh lots, Love Often, and Defend the Irreplaceable

You know...

There was once a town in...um...

There was this town, see? And folks there had issues with "Transient Criminal Activity". So the local Sheriff called for, and got, a law that mandated everyone in town to get their CCW (or equivalent).

Now the town had one gentleman who was blind as all get out, glasses, cane, and all. Everyone assumed his exemption from the law. Everyone except the Sheriff.

On the day for the Big test, the Sheriff picked up the gentleman and drove him to the range. When they arrived, the Sheriff handed the gentleman a revolver and said, "This is a revolver. It is real easy to use, just pull the trigger."

The gentleman responded, "But I'm blind! How will I see the bad guy?"

"Simple," responded the Sheriff, "You don't have to.

"Let the bad guy get close, ram this gun into their chest and pull the trigger. If you are indoors, angle the gun up to let the bullet stop in the ceiling. If you are outside, angle the gun down to try and ground it. Try it on this target."

The gentleman tapped his way to the target and after some hesitation, he fired the revolver at a downward angle, penetrating the target, and making little puffs of dust close behind it.

The gentleman smiled and said, "Great, but now I can't hear either!"

He carries the revolver to this day, I imagine.

True story. I heard this one years ago in some newspaper, and never forgot it.

The only weakness you have is the one you allow...

That which does not kill us leaves us broken and bleeding...

Donít mess with the guy who can barely stand up. His remaining options for self-defense don't include your survival.

Convenire Volui Spectatus

Thanks again for all your responses. Without going into too much detail, I will answer some of the questions to the best of my ability.
    Hand to hand combat is out of the quiestion as well as the training. Just trying to keep her mobile and active is the best we can do. You see, when you loose your sight, you also end up having to deal with new ways to keep you balance. Try holding one leg up in the air with your eyes closed. We work on semi rapid movement, but that is about as good as it gets. Also not that she can't really see where she is going.
    Sprays seem like a possibility althought she may not have the mobility to use without wearing it herself. My thought line though is she will not recognise trouble 21 paces from her. The trouble will be upon her, perhaps not physically, but the problem will be right in front of her. There may not be opportunity to draw, but if there is, she will know where the problem is coming from. Like evilmonk wrote, it will be nearly contact range.

Around the home, she is very capable with pistol or shotgun. We have worked on how to determine if it is an assialant and safe areas within the house. She will wait for the problem to com to her.

rmodel65-I am sorry to hear about your dads friend. Hope he is doing well.

swatspyder-washington might be a good place to live, althouth it is closer to California than Kansas.

Thanks again, and Merry Christmas. May Christ always be in Christmas.

yes hes doing fine they have found the gun.... it was a revolver the man must have had bad ammo(figure he stole the .22 and the ammo was really old??) the man pulled the trigger 5 times before the last round that hit him actually went off as the primers were dimpled but didnt work
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links