Fast turn-around on Las Vegas CCW app!

Fast turn-around on Las Vegas CCW app!

This is a discussion on Fast turn-around on Las Vegas CCW app! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I turned in my my papers on Dec 11, and got my NV (Clark County resident) permit on the 23rd! At first when I saw ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Fast turn-around on Las Vegas CCW app!

I turned in my my papers on Dec 11, and got my NV (Clark County resident) permit on the 23rd! At first when I saw the envelope so early, I figured there was a problem (likely owing to foreign residence and/or foreign military service, even though I'm a born American with dual nationality). Then I bent the envelope a little, and distinctly felt a stiff card in there :D

Have any other Vegas residents gotten this kind of turn-around? Metro already had my prints and lack of criminal record checked out, at least up to 2004...maybe this sped up the process?

Mine took 34 days in 2007. I'm due for a renewal so I have to go there next week to turn the paperwork in. I'm glad it's still fast.

G19, G23, P2000 (9mm), LMT Defender 2000 (SOPMOD), Colt LE6920, Ruger 10/22

mine took 4 months... I had to go down and say .. what up ??? they had questions , but forgot to notify me...
    Honor, Courage, Virtue. These are what makes a man.
    "The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps."
    Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Quote Originally Posted by beseder View Post
    I turned in my my papers on Dec 11, and got my NV (Clark County resident) permit on the 23rd! At first when I saw the envelope so early, I figured there was a problem (likely owing to foreign residence and/or foreign military service, even though I'm a born American with dual nationality). Then I bent the envelope a little, and distinctly felt a stiff card in there :D

Have any other Vegas residents gotten this kind of turn-around? Metro already had my prints and lack of criminal record checked out, at least up to 2004...maybe this sped up the process?
    I am from MD and I got mine on the 23rd as well. I applied Dec 2nd when I was in town visiting a friend who retired in LV. I took the class from Kurt Gepke. I am from MD so the speed with which LVMPD handled this was just excellent.

22 days ain't bad especially for a non resident permit. NV was the fastest so far. My VA permit took 30 days. UT was 55.

Quote Originally Posted by beseder View Post

I got turned on to this site from my motorcycle board and I too turned in my paperwork on the 11th!! It IS a smalll world!! Hope I can get mine soon!!

mattbcnv

Congrats on that new permit...11 days, not bad.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Congratulations and welcome to the forum!!!
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Quote Originally Posted by swinokur View Post
    I am from MD and I got mine on the 23rd as well. I applied Dec 2nd when I was in town visiting a friend who retired in LV. I took the class from Kurt Gepke. I am from MD so the speed with which LVMPD handled this was just excellent.

22 days ain't bad especially for a non resident permit. NV was the fastest so far. My VA permit took 30 days. UT was 55.

I took my renewal with Kurt Gepke too.

G19, G23, P2000 (9mm), LMT Defender 2000 (SOPMOD), Colt LE6920, Ruger 10/22

Earlier this year my permit also arrived 34 days after I submitted the paperwork. It's nice to receive your permit in a reasonable amount of time. Welcome to our forum from a fellow Vegas permit holder!
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

Thanks for the warm welcome, and it's nice to see other Valley dwellers here! So far, I'm batting 100% carry when I leave the house (all two days now, heh) :) The only problem I'm going to have maintaining this record is work...no weapons allowed in the office, and 80% of the time I commute on my motorcycle, so nowhere to safely lock it up during the day. I'd be tempted to just stick it in my backpack, but it'd be irresponsible in the extreme to risk my family's livelihood on the off-chance someone gets nosy. I suppose short of lobbying to get this rule changed, there's not much to do but keep my nose clean (or get a much smaller gun for pocket CC ;)).

Here in Springfield Missouri our CCW turn around is 14 to 21 days. Im on day 15 and waiting.

Got mine a year ago, and it took about that long (or short)..

Quote Originally Posted by Shotdown View Post
    I took my renewal with Kurt Gepke too.
    We are heading down at the end of the month from snowy, cold, Toronto. I'd like to get my NEV permit non-res while I'm in town so if anyone might send me Kurt Gepke's information I would be grateful. I'd like to take the course one day and visit the sheriff the next day (if that's the way it works). I am a dualie as well and we are coming down to take a look at some retirement properties although we are a good 5 years away from retirement I think. Want a place where the kids and grandkids (someday) can get to cheaply and so its either Vegas or Orlando. I prefer Nevada.

Anyone got any suggestions on the closest point I can visit to get my Arizona permit as well. I am a bit of a permit hog until we get a mandatory reciprocity law in place, like Drivers Licenses. For sure I need NEV as I don't have a permit recognized in NEV any longer.

Comments?

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Congratulations, you had an incredible turn around time. Mine took 90 days back in Early 2006. and Clark County has a reputation for not only taking the full 120 days allowed by state law, and frequently exceeding that, with a "What are you going to do about it attitude." I'm happy to see that the lag time has improved so much.
    "We are the people our parents warned us about!" J. Buffett

Applied for my no res on Nov 10th, approved on Nov 23, Rec'd on the 15th (I think) I posted it when I got it. Took my class with Kurt as well.

Quote Originally Posted by torontogunguy View Post
    We are heading down at the end of the month from snowy, cold, Toronto. I'd like to get my NEV permit non-res while I'm in town so if anyone might send me Kurt Gepke's information I would be grateful ...
    Kurt is a member here, though he does not post much.

Home Page

Give him a call or email, let him know you are a member here on DC.com (not sure if it will do you any good, but worth mentioning) and he will fill you in. Chances are real good that all you need to do is tell him when you will be in town, and he'll get you set up for a one - on - one class, or for you and the SO.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links