IWB carry with extended controls

This is a discussion on IWB carry with extended controls within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; one of my glocks I put extended mag release and slide release, while the slide release isnt an issue, the mag release could kick the ...

Thread: IWB carry with extended controls

one of my glocks I put extended mag release and slide release, while the slide release isnt an issue, the mag release could kick the mag out...

I dont carry this one EDC for that very reason, but use it for the range and IDPA shoots

has any one had issues with this? just thinking about it

The EDC I use are all factory with the exception of grips, laser, sites, etc

I carry IWB all the time and have not had any problems with the Mag release. Try it one day while your at home for the day and see if there are any problems.
    The Dragon has time and experience. Maturity has given him knowledge, strength, skill, wisdom and inner peace.
    Glock 26 Certified Glock Armorer
    Mossberg 590 12 ga.

Sponsor
    I can't say conclusively that you won't have a problem but I have made several IWB holsters for Glocks with extended mag release buttons. It should not be a problem in any Kydex holster that is made for the extended release(you should be able to modify a Kydex holster that does not have clearance with a little careful effort).
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

I pretty much keep my Glocks factory for CC too, except for maybe night sights, but that's it. I cant really see it being an issue though, as long as the holster isn't covering it allowing the holster itself to depress it.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by xoolo View Post
    one of my glocks I put extended mag release and slide release, while the slide release isnt an issue, the mag release could kick the mag out...

I dont carry this one EDC for that very reason, but use it for the range and IDPA shoots

has any one had issues with this? just thinking about it

The EDC I use are all factory with the exception of grips, laser, sites, etc
    I've tried carrying my G19 IWB with the factory extended mag release one time before I switched it back to the standard. It pinched me and left a mark. Extended slide release should be no problem. If your holster does go up the grip on the Glock high enough, then the issue of possibly releasing the magazine could be of concern. Only one of our Glocks sports an extended mag release, and that's for my wife to use for USPSA Steel Challenge. It just happens to be that same G19. I carry a G23 now and she carries the G27.

yeah I tested some things out at home and the Fobus holsters I have for the G30 and G23 both would release the mag if I put any pressure against the gun... so IMO not a good setup for EDC, I put the factory release on the G30 that I normally carry but left it on the G23 that I don't EDC
    the IWB tuck able holster doesn't seam to have an issue. but better safe then sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by xoolo View Post
    yeah I tested some things out at home and the Fobus holsters I have for the G30 and G23 both would release the mag if I put any pressure against the gun... so IMO not a good setup for EDC, I put the factory release on the G30 that I normally carry but left it on the G23 that I don't EDC
    the IWB tuck able holster doesn't seam to have an issue. but better safe then sorry.
    My wife and I both use Fobus holsters for USPSA. One of them is about five years older than our newest one. They are different in the area close to the magazine release. I knew this might be an issue with my wife's G19 with extended mag release so we tried them out to make sure and what would you know. So...we each have dedicated Fobus holsters for the matches and we cannot interchange so long as her Glock has the extended mag release. I have tossed the idea around on taking the Dremel to it, but it's not really an issue now. Just FYI, the older Fobus paddle (all black on the back side GL2) does not interfere. The newer Fobus (red liner on back side GL2) interferes. Interestingly enough, a factory re-design can make a lot of difference.

Links