license

This is a discussion on license within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Is there a cc license that will cover all 48 states...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: license

license

Is there a cc license that will cover all 48 states
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    the way to be safe is never to be secure.
    Benjamin franklin

2. Remove Ads

yes LEOSA lol
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

No.

In order to attempt this you would need multiple permits, and even then it is not possible.

Oregon, for instance, is only a SHALL ISSUE state for Oregon residents. They may give permits to residents of adjacent states if they qualify, but it is at the discretion of the issuing Sherriff. They will not issue to a resident of a non-adjacent state.

Colorado only recognizes 2 types of permits: Colorado resident permits and resident permits from some other states. I could, for instance, get a non-residential Utah Permit as a resident of Washington State. Although Colorado would recognize a Utah Resident with a Utah permit, they would not recognize my non-residential Utah permit.

SUCK...

I think it is crazy how ridiculously complicated all of this gets. I'd love to see it simplified in a way that still recognizes states' rights appropriately.

This is an excellent resource:

U.S. CCW Reciprocity Map from CarryConcealed.net

BTW- getting Utah, Nevada, and Florida non-resident permits covers you in something like 30 states. Might be a good way to go if you travel a lot and are serious about carrying.

thank you for the info i will click your link and take a look. I do agree it should be simpler.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Benjamin franklin

By the way, there are FIFTY (50) States now! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Zsnake View Post
    yes i think we all know this. how ever i was only worried about the 48 states that are connected. not the other two that are way out in bfe.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Benjamin franklin

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    If not an LEO - you could volunteer to be a reserve police officer or reserve sheriff deputy with one of your local agencies and use their issued ID for that.

Some around where I live specify Auxiliary Police Officer on their ID - while our Sheriff's Dept and some other PD's issue same ID as for full time officers with no designation for reserves or auxiliary.

I believe Ted Nugent is a Reserve Sheriff's Deputy and uses his ID with them for his CC Permit.
    For God, Family and Country!

Good luck in Wisconsin and Illinois

well we will find out what happens in Illnois soon. the NRA is taking them to court i thought. Thanks for the tips. When i get home i will try the vol police idea.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Benjamin franklin

VIP Member
    US Constitution Article IV
    Section 1. Full faith and credit shall be given in each state to the public acts, records, and judicial proceedings of every other state. And the Congress may by general laws prescribe the manner in which such acts, records, and proceedings shall be proved, and the effect thereof.
    Section 2. The citizens of each state shall be entitled to all privileges and immunities of citizens in the several states.

Comment: It seems to me that if you can carry in your home state, you're good to go in all 50, as soon as polititians and attorneys general read the Articles that are supposed to form a more perfect union. (Except the 57 Muslim states.)
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gunthorp View Post
    Section 1. Full faith and credit shall be given in each state to the public acts, records, and judicial proceedings of every other state. And the Congress may by general laws prescribe the manner in which such acts, records, and proceedings shall be proved, and the effect thereof.
    Section 2. The citizens of each state shall be entitled to all privileges and immunities of citizens in the several states.

Comment: It seems to me that if you can carry in your home state, you're good to go in all 50, as soon as polititians and attorneys general read the Articles that are supposed to form a more perfect union. (Except the 57 Muslim states.)
    You can quote what "oughta" or "once they understand xyz" all you want, but unless you're interested in a Pyrrhic victory after you've served your 5 years in state prison for a weapons violation I would HIGHLY recommend not going this route.

If you want something that covers every state in the union, nothing gets that but a POST certified LEO. If you are you're good to go by LEOSA; otherwise no dice. I have been strongly considering my local Reserve academy as a good community service and, more importantly for me, to replace my AZ CCW with a US CCW. :)
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar

So is Steven Segal

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyCop View Post
    If not an LEO - you could volunteer to be a reserve police officer or reserve sheriff deputy with one of your local agencies and use their issued ID for that.

I believe Ted Nugent is a Reserve Sheriff's Deputy and uses his ID with them for his CC Permit.
    Steven Segal does this as well, he even has a TV show now . Steven Segal - Law Man somewhat entertaining if not cheesy.

But in seriousness, that is a route that I have considered as well. Good community service and has good perks.
    Walk softly ...

Quote Originally Posted by gunthorp View Post

i asked this on the local board JRM is John Monroe of VP Georgia Carry and is a civil rights attorney who specializes in 2A stuff his response also Malum(president of GCO) and gunsmoker are also GA attorneys is here: Firearm Discussion • View topic - Full Faith andCredit Clause Constitution
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

Quote Originally Posted by Zsnake View Post
    And here I thought there was 57 states, Obama said so... so it must be correct, right ?

Isn't absurd that we lose our rights in certain states ? I don't think the way is a Federal law because I don't trust them to twist it into all sorts of other attachments either now or later. But, I do think confirmation of the 2nd Amendment in the Supreme Court will open doors, continued education that there aren't shoot outs on the streets, etc. will work to eventually get it there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links