A Non-Encounter W/LEO (traffic stop) - Page 2

A Non-Encounter W/LEO (traffic stop)

This is a discussion on A Non-Encounter W/LEO (traffic stop) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Penn,, You have to have a license to carry in your car? mmm Missouri you can carry concealed, loaded, without one,,, in your car, But ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Non-Encounter W/LEO (traffic stop)

Penn,, You have to have a license to carry in your car? mmm Missouri you can carry concealed, loaded, without one,,, in your car, But I have one, Have been there with the ex, it will get easier, as time goes by,, also interesting my space page.
    Last edited by tradermike69; December 26th, 2009 at 10:02 AM. Reason: spelling

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bm7b5 View Post
    Sorry you didn't get to see your little girl open her present. Has to be tough on a parent.

Regarding the stop--not to be nitpicky, but this is a public forum and I think one of the purposes is to discuss these types of things so that we can all discover together the best tactics, techniques, etc. as concealed pistol carriers.

So...in that spirit...I think that if the officer asks if you have a weapon, you shouldn't screw around with deflective answers like "I have nothing illegal in my car." Just say "I have a CPL (or whatever the acronym is in your state) and am carrying a concealed pistol."

Saying "I have nothing illegal in my van" is going to sound like you are playing games to most officers, and it really does nothing for you (especially if you're going to fess up when he presses the issue, which police will do almost 100% of the time) and may cause useless aggravation and suspicion.

Have a great time with your girl during the part of the vacation she gets to be with you!
    Well we can all do an autopsy after the fact, and it is pretty clear that you were upset from your experience with your daughter. I can't say how I would react in that situation, but I am sure that happy and courteous wouldn't be on the list anywhere.

That said, and again realizing that those emotions are legitimate, it seems from your post that you weren't out to make any friends with the LEO when he pulled you over. He cut you a lot of slack with it being Christmas, but would it have been hard to be polite and informative? I think it wouldn't be easy given the situation, but especially if you explain yourself just a little I bet the encounter would have been even better.

Sorry for the pain that you went through.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

Quote Originally Posted by tradermike69 View Post
    Penn,, You have to have a license to carry in your car? mmm Missouri you can carry concealed, loaded, without one,,, in your car, But I have one, Have been there with the ex, it will get easier, as time goes by,, also interesting my space page.
    in PA, carry in or on a motor vehicle is considered concealed, so we need to have a LTCF to drive armed.

Quote Originally Posted by MinistrMalic View Post
    Well we can all do an autopsy after the fact, and it is pretty clear that you were upset from your experience with your daughter. I can't say how I would react in that situation, but I am sure that happy and courteous wouldn't be on the list anywhere.

That said, and again realizing that those emotions are legitimate, it seems from your post that you weren't out to make any friends with the LEO when he pulled you over. He cut you a lot of slack with it being Christmas, but would it have been hard to be polite and informative? I think it wouldn't be easy given the situation, but especially if you explain yourself just a little I bet the encounter would have been even better.

Sorry for the pain that you went through.

i've found that, with the cops in my city, the less said, the better. i have a 'history' with them, over an open carry incident, so i just keep things strictly business when dealing with them. i do make an effort to be polite, to a point, but like most of you observed, my head wasn't where it should have been that particular moment.

i also wanted to thank everyone for their well wishes. i know i'm not alone in my situation, but it feels sometimes like i'm on a desert highway, thumb in the air, and no one's giving me a ride. it's been a rough couple of months, but it's especially hard this time of year. i hope everyone here had a better one than i did.

Thumbs down It can be worese, but it almost always gets better

I've been through what your gong through, twice, and yes it does get better. As she gets older, she'll understand more when what she sees doesn't jibe with what she hears from her mother. Teaching her to shoot is a great way to spend time together, prepare her to defend herself in the real world, give her a great hobby and passion, and just plan makes you look cool to her and her friends. Not to get in a who's hurting more contest because be both are hurting like hades, but I just buried my mother on 22 December 2009. Now the family infighting has begun. Yes it can get worse, but it always will get better with time. Hang in there, as the doctor told the kid who swallowed the silver dollar, "This too shall pass." Message me if you need to talk. Been there felt that. My best wishes to you and yours.
    When the chips are down, only hits count

Train as you fight, fight as you train.
    Sig 220-45,Sig 225-9mm,Sig 226-.40,Bernelli M1,Bernelli Nova, SW 4340-.40
    Glock 19,Llama Mini .45,U-238 WMD, (so the anti's say),and others

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links