My comfortable snub nose

This is a discussion on My comfortable snub nose within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I find I carry a Colt SF-VI or a S&W Model 15-4 snubnose almost as often as I carry a Glock Model 30. In certain ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My comfortable snub nose

VIP Member
    I find I carry a Colt SF-VI or a S&W Model 15-4 snubnose almost as often as I carry a Glock Model 30. In certain clothing situations, a snubnose is much easier to conceal.
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Yeah, I usually carry the 438 when my 642-P isn't quite right, but when I wear a belt, it’s definitely the 640 or possibly the newer 649. Heck I don’t know…but they’re all pretty handy.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Hi Falcon1,

Could you elaborate on this? Such as which clothing situations? I am considering a snubbie.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon1 View Post
    In certain clothing situations, a snubnose is much easier to conceal.
    Thanks,
    ThumperACC

VIP Member
    LCR is a good choice

VIP Member
    Many days of models of autos’ for sure! However, after about age ‘50’ our finer motor skills diminish to a point, and there’s no getting around it. As predictable as fading eyesight, the revolver becomes more of necessity than perhaps a preference. Oh, I.M.H.O. of course.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    Many days of models of autos’ for sure! However, after about age ‘50’ our finer motor skills diminish to a point, and there’s no getting around it. As predictable as fading eyesight, the revolver becomes more of necessity than perhaps a preference. Oh, I.M.H.O. of course.
    Don't tell me this. I am 48 and just bought my first semi auto a month ago. Was looking foward to many years of enjoyment and carry with it.

VIP Member
    Oh sorry, the number '50' is simply a rule of thumb although it seemed like a fair place to start. YUMV
    ~ Stephen King

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThumperACC View Post
    Hi Falcon1,

Could you elaborate on this? Such as which clothing situations? I am considering a snubbie.

Thanks,
    ThumperACC
    I use an ankle holster for my snubnose revolvers a good deal of the time, because I am in numerous situations during the week where "frightening the horses" is a real concern. I have never been comfortable with a tuckable IWB (although standard IWB is what I prefer). The ankle holster is not tactically ideal, but is better than a firearm in the safe. It just works for me.

I am often wearing a shirt, tie, and slacks in those "horse-frightening" situations, so the ankle holster is a viable alternative. YMMV.
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

I carried a Taurus 85 a lot, and loved it. It is small and light, easily concealable, and plenty powerful enough for social work. Accurate at SD distances, too. The only drawback is round count. I have an affinity for snubbies, being raised on Mannix, Dragnet, Adam-12, Hawaii 5-0, the Untouchables, etc.

I picked up a Taurus 85UL just a couple months ago to get a snubbie back in my collection. It's great for dropping in a pocket holster. Still deciding on what to get for my IWB holster. Still hard to beat the LCP for quick and easy carry.
    G23 w/GTL21, G27, Ruger LCP, & Taurus 617 SS
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Member
    VT Class of '96

Here's my little Taurus snub (851 SSUL) that gets carried a lot...
    Attached Images
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I have a 340 M&P, I love the smallness of it and how it is so forgettable on my belt or in my pocket, I stoke it with Gold Dot 135 Grain Short Barrel in .357. It certainly is powerful enough. That being said, I just feel more prepared for a SD situation with my Glock 23 and 14 rounds on board.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Thanks

Thanks Falcon,

ThumperACC

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    Hey, I resemble that remark. Did you have to put it in print? Wait until you reach 60. Luckily, the motor skills are fine, but try wearing tri-focals for speed shooting.
    May we never forget those in uniform who protect us night and day in lands far away. And those in all wars who paid the supreme sacrifice in defense of our country. May God Bless our Troops and First Responders.

Love my 340PD! I started with a Taurus Total Titanium 85 and love both although the 340 gets the nod for EDC. I have an XD40SC I carry frequently but the 340PD just disappears completely with just about anything I wear.

The only thing that has reduced the 340PD's carry time and increased my XD's time is my Crossbreed holster for the XD and the fact that it's now cold. I can hide the larger frame alot easier but I bet when it gets hot again the 340 will come back out to play.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links