My comfortable snub nose

This is a discussion on My comfortable snub nose within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For the last month or so I have been carrying my new M&P 40 compact. Before that I had a S&W .38 2" for about ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My comfortable snub nose

My comfortable snub nose

For the last month or so I have been carrying my new M&P 40 compact. Before that I had a S&W .38 2" for about 23 years. I just got done cleaning my M&P was was letting it air out. I went to walk my daog and grabbed my 38, stuck it down the front of my pants(in a holster, something I just can't get comfortable doing with my .40). Man, I forgot or never realized how comfortable that gun is. Guess I never had anything to compare it to. While walking I shifted it to 3 or 3:30. I couldn't even feel that I was carrying.

I actually thought for a moment about going back to this as my EDC. It has original, little wood grips. Very difficult to get a good grip when drawing compared to my M&P. Besides, I love my new gun.

2. Remove Ads

I understand...
    Everyone should have at least one snubbie..., mine is a S&W 637.
    It's easy to conceal, certainly powerful, but it doesn't compare to the power and ability of my Glock-36.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I know it's smaller in caliber, but living in south Florida I'm surprised you haven't tried a little 380 Ruger LCP for pocket carry. It's all I carry in the summer. You can forget it's in your pocket.
    May we never forget those in uniform who protect us night and day in lands far away. And those in all wars who paid the supreme sacrifice in defense of our country. May God Bless our Troops and First Responders.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Jacket View Post
    I know it's smaller in caliber, but living in south Florida I'm surprised you haven't tried a little 380 Ruger LCP for pocket carry. It's all I carry in the summer. You can forget it's in your pocket.
    When I decided it was time for a new carry gun I wanted to get something that would also be fun for me to shoot at the range. After trying many I decided the M&P compact could fill both needs. Though I haven't been through a Florida summer with it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by davidw View Post
    When I decided it was time for a new carry gun I wanted to get something that would also be fun for me to shoot at the range.
    You chose wisely. I can tell you the little LCP is not fun to shoot. It's snappy and after 20 rounds or so, you've probably had enough. Nonetheless, she is small, lightweight and hides in a pair of shorts nicely.
    May we never forget those in uniform who protect us night and day in lands far away. And those in all wars who paid the supreme sacrifice in defense of our country. May God Bless our Troops and First Responders.

Taurus 617 - 7 shot - .357 cal. Comfy and reliable.

I like my Taurus Model 85 UL. Shoots reliably and accurately. I am still looking for OWB holster that will fit it comfortably to me.

i had to sell my Taurus 85UL a few days ago, and i already miss it. i loved it as much as my 1911.

Man are you preaching to the choir!! I have some sweet autos but always end up with my bulldog or my 638. I tried the Barami Hip Grips and didn't like them, but the Clipdraw for revolvers are great. Now what to do with all the flipping holsters...
    "Some men, you just can't reach"

I have a feeling, with all the 1911, Glock, etc die hards, talking up the =/- of their firearm, most are carrying around their snub.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

Actually I plan on carrying my Walther P99 in a Crossbreed Supertuck all summer! The Kahr P9 just isn't what I'd consider a primary carry weapon.
    Walther P99 AS full size 9mm
    Kahr P9 compact 9mm

NRA
    Michigan Sheriff's Association
    “The key is to hit them hard, hit them fast, and hit them repeatedly. The one shot stop is a unit of measurement not a tactical philosophy.” Evan Marshall

VIP Member
    There is nothing as comfortable as a snub, for those quick trips and chores...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Don't get me wrong, back in my younger days I wore a Colt Agent 38spl snub with a full shroud on it, in a Safariland high ride belt holster. Later on I even got a Colt Cobra :-) which I carried in an upside down #19 Safariland shoulder holster, still have the holster!
    Last edited by mel5051; December 26th, 2009 at 05:54 PM.
    Walther P99 AS full size 9mm
    Kahr P9 compact 9mm

NRA
    Michigan Sheriff's Association
    “The key is to hit them hard, hit them fast, and hit them repeatedly. The one shot stop is a unit of measurement not a tactical philosophy.” Evan Marshall

It's such a personal thing....... I think of myself as a wheel man....... BUT my normal carry gun is my G27.........

Be Alert and Stay Safe

FastDraw

My wife carries a snubby sometimes, an S&W 642 with Crimson Trace. It was a great value and weighs in at a light 15 ounces empty, same as my SIG P238.

Recently we fueled it up with the new Hornady Critical Defense +P ammo, which gives it more muscle.

Hard to beat the 642 for ease of carry with respectable firepower!
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links