Getting Old!

Getting Old!

This is a discussion on Getting Old! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I went to a Mall here in Wichita called Towne West. The parking lot was fairly crowded so I had to park way out in ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting Old!

Getting Old!

I went to a Mall here in Wichita called Towne West.
    The parking lot was fairly crowded so I had to park way out in the N40.
    I of course have my pistol on and start to make my trek up to the front door,and THERE IT IS,the NO-GUNS SIGN!
    Now..I just wasted my time going there and parking and fighting the crowd and had to leave because there was NO way I was going to leave a pistol in the truck at a Mall,thats just asking for somebody to take!
    What a PAIN!

You are probably better off anyway. My wife wanted me to go to the mall today. No thank you. Too crazy, too crowded.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Malls at this time of year mean only one thing to me: Crowds and getting sick! Never fails, I get in a crowd and I get a cold or worse..
    Walther P99 AS full size 9mm
    Kahr P9 compact 9mm

NRA
    Michigan Sheriff's Association
    “The key is to hit them hard, hit them fast, and hit them repeatedly. The one shot stop is a unit of measurement not a tactical philosophy.” Evan Marshall

VIP Member
    I don't know the laws there, but I take great joy in ignoring those signs here... no weight of law and all.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Question I have is what if one does not see a posted sign and is caught inside with a weapon. I find myself not paying attention to things like that as much as I should.

I find it amusing that the one store that HAD a sign put it on the automatic opening door..so you couldn't read it if you actually wanted to!
    Kahr P9 compact 9mm

NRA
    “The key is to hit them hard, hit them fast, and hit them repeatedly. The one shot stop is a unit of measurement not a tactical philosophy.” Evan Marshall

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 3putt View Post
    Question I have is what if one does not see a posted sign and is caught inside with a weapon. I find myself not paying attention to things like that as much as I should.
    What's the law there?

In Nevada, the establishment/business can ask you to leave and you must or will be trespassing but that's all.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    I know this might surprise some, but I actually feel that a mall area is one place where CCP/W would be a loved thing considering the last mall shooting and all and the ease that some looney toon could do the same thing all over again.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    I know this might surprise some, but I actually feel that a mall area is one place where CCP/W would be a loved thing considering the last mall shooting and all and the ease that some looney toon could do the same thing all over again.
    What you and I both feel and know...the mall owners don't understand, nor care about.
    They probably (obviously) feel that those with the CCW's and pistols...are 'threats'.
    They just don't get it.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Shooting in a mall, with all those people, all those glass only barriers to innocent people in the mall stores...shooting there unless you are one heck of a good marksman and even then, your round will be going on its merry way because of your tunnel vision and the adrenaline rush.
    As they say 'not I' unless it comes down to protecting those very close to me and the perp is close enough that I can get a from the floor pointing up at him/her to minimize the possibility of someone getting hit from a through and through of mine...
    Kahr P9 compact 9mm

NRA

I think most mall owners are largely uneducated or unaware of licensed conceal carry. Most of them probably have the signs posted for the sake of gangs and criminals (who largely laugh at them), and don't think much about CC. Of course, some of them know all too well and don't care.

In Washington State private property owners can post signs and prohibit carry, but the penalty is the same- if caught they can ask me to leave, and if I refuse I get trespassed. I don't much like malls anyways, so not much of a loss for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    I completely agree with you there. Some people never learn though.

Westroads mall here in Omaha, NE is still off limits to ccw (Not quite as conspicious as before, but still legally binding per Nebraska ccw law) even after the tragic Van Mour shooting that happened there. If that didn't give them a clue I don't think anything ever will.
    Last edited by Ryan45cal; December 27th, 2009 at 12:58 AM. Reason: Clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    I don't know the laws there, but I take great joy in ignoring those signs here... no weight of law and all.
    No weight in Ga either. I ignore all the (kill free zone) signs except for the ones listed as no carry zones by the state.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

I can't read without my specs, where did I put those things, ok I will leave, if asked,, with out any purchase's.
    Randy
    Law Enforcement Armorer
    NRA
    GOA
    Range Officer
    Advice is seldom welcome; and those who want it the most always like it the least.

Sign? What sign?
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links