Carrying two CCW guns legal?

This is a discussion on Carrying two CCW guns legal? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by gottabkiddin I thought the limit was a 4" knife... It depends on what city or county you are in at the time. ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Carrying two CCW guns legal?

HKR
    Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    I thought the limit was a 4" knife...
    It depends on what city or county you are in at the time. The state allows everyone to make their own laws and ordinances in regards to knives and other weapons. Atlanta can decide that you can only carry a knife with a blade less than 1/16th on an inch long if they want. And all of their little suburbs can like wise make their own rules.

The city of Atlanta states 3" whether it is a folder or not.
    Dekalb county is the same.
    College Park is also 3"

I know there are some cities that cap in at 2", but I'll have to wait until I have more time to search.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by HKR View Post
    It depends on what city or county you are in at the time. The state allows everyone to make their own laws and ordinances in regards to knives and other weapons. Atlanta can decide that you can only carry a knife with a blade less than 1/16th on an inch long if they want. And all of their little suburbs can like wise make their own rules.
    Wow! I never new that the law was, anything over 3" was illegal.
    Here's the site I got the information from. I hope it's correct.

Thanks for the heads up on that!

Luckily my Benchmade mini Griptilian is 2.91". Here's the exact model that I carry daily. Great pocket knife BTW.

Thanks again!

GBK
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

HKR
    My wife carries a similiar (non tanto blade) Benchmade Griptilian in her daypack when we hike.
    I carry a similar sized Spyderco Delica 4 everyday. My employer limits us to under 3" for personal blades although it is not enforced.

Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    + 1 on no gloves. Of course I didn't usually wear gloves in Michigan before I started carrying, unless I planned on being outside for extended periods of time. Even then pockets are more comfortable than gloves for me. (add a snub nose in a pocket holster and the feeling is down right comforting ).

To the OP, being in Mississippi I would think you could get away with out the gloves. If you need to toughen up your hands come spend 4 months here in the great white north.
    Hi Ted,

A bit off topic (sorry): As the OP, I can say that I too thought that Mississippi, being in the Deep South and in the Sun Belt, would be, well, sunny and warm (even during the Winter). I was very wrong.

Ever since moving from California to northeast Mississippi, my wife and I are constantly exposed to strong winds and 20 degree temps (the wind-chill goes down to "My fingers are in extreme pain; oh, now I can't even feel my fingers" level).

Many times it reaches into the teens here. I am not use to such cold, so I have to wear gloves (and sometimes mittens!), along with long johns, just to prevent myself from freezing half to death!!

Sorry again, I digress.

-Bill

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    In NY you can carry more than one handgun but they must be registered on your permit. I am also aware of a "limit" as to how many you can lawfully be in possession of at any one moment (presumably for purposes of transport) it is something like 15 or 20. This number also includes long guns.

Senior Member Array Gary Slider's Avatar
    http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USKnife.pdf

Check out this link for Knife laws in all the states and over 400 cities. I researched as many city and county ordinances as I could access on the net and this is what I came up with. Be advised that the listing only pertains to folder type knives. Be sure to read the description at the top of the list.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

Quote Originally Posted by rangefinder View Post
    In Texas there is not limit, that I am aware of, on the number of guns that can be carried concealed by a CHL holder.

There is a restriction. If you tested with a revolver (.38 or larger) you can only carry a revolver(s). If you tested with a semi-automatic (9mm or larger) then you can carry any number and/or combination of semi-automatic(s) and revolver(s).

I have carried a PT-111 (9mm) and a Model 85 (.38 SPL) at the same time.

I've heard there are some changes to the testing allowing testing with a caliber smaller than 9mm/.38 but I'm not sure of that. But I also believe the rules changed a year or so ago allowing the carry of calibers smaller than 9mm/.38.
    Im not certain on this but I don't think it was an issue of carrying a smaller caliber, only that you couldn't qualify with a smaller caliber. The rule of thumb was .38 or larger to qualify with. But I believe (and this is from my memory which is certainly not perfect) that you could carry any caliber you wished concealed.

Alex!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Calley View Post

I have found that any method that involves a jacket, an un-tucked shirt, or an ankle is open to a gust of wind or the wrong bodily movement (bending over, etc.) to lay you open to completely breaking my #1 rule of, "concealed means concealed". The only other competition for this is a bellyband, but I get too sweaty and hot with this method.

I frankly don't understand how people can walk around without feeling nervous/uneasy/paranoid when using a OWB, or a IWB (non-tuckable), or a shoulder holster in public! Maybe it's just me…

-Bill
    First, brandishing is a crime where I live (FL), not accidental exposure.
    It just doesn't happen unless I'm being careless. And I live beachside where we ALWAYS have wind.

Second, if you are concerned, sew a tiny fishing weight into the hem of your shirt. It won't blow around, short of a hurricane.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    First, brandishing is a crime where I live (FL), not accidental exposure.
    It just doesn't happen unless I'm being careless. And I live beachside where we ALWAYS have wind.

Second, if you are concerned, sew a tiny fishing weight into the hem of your shirt. It won't blow around, short of a hurricane.

Fishing weights. Interesting! I just may take a quick look into a Cuban-type un-tucked shirt, as I kind of like my cheap OWB Galco Matrix paddle holster for my S&W 442…

Thanks all,

-Bill

My CA CCW does not prevent me from carrying more than 1 firearm, as long as the firearms are listed on my CCW. My CCW has a quantity of 3 available and I believe that is the maximum allowed.

Also, the CA CCW is for Pistols only. A rancher had a rifle on his CCW was called in to the Sherriff dept. to have the rifle removed from his CCW.

CA does have the 10 count magazine restriction. I can carry extra magazines, but that can become burdensome at times depending on formal business attire or business casual wear.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links