Carrying two CCW guns legal?

This is a discussion on Carrying two CCW guns legal? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Are there any states that actually ban the carrying of more than one gun concealed? The reason is I simply sometimes feel it would be ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Carrying two CCW guns legal?

Are there any states that actually ban the carrying of more than one gun concealed?

The reason is I simply sometimes feel it would be very nice, in some really bad parts of town, to have a smaller gun ready in my coat pocket, instead of where mine usually is: In the small of my back in a IWB holster, which is also under my tucked-in shirt, which is also under my sweater, which is also under my overcoat! Add having to remove a glove from my hand to draw, and you are looking at me not only being shot multiple times before I can ever draw my own gun, but the bad guy would have time to reload, have lunch, and then empty his gun into me again before I even finished getting the weapon out of my waistband.

(Some states are finicky: I had a license to carry unconcealed in California MANY years ago (armed response patrolman; not a LEO), and California was unbelievably particular about what you carried (down to only carrying the specific type of pistol that you had originally qualified with, and no other, much less a second pistol concealed/unconcealed).

Thanks,

-Bill

Senior Member Array Gary Slider's Avatar
    Only New Mexico says you can only carry one concealed firearm on your person. In some states you can only carry the firearms listed on your Carry Permit/License but only NM limits you to one firearm.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

If anybody knows, it's Gary S. Cope Reynolds has mentioned this on his podcast as a NM peculiarity.
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

No limit in NC on how many you carry, or what kind you carry, as long as it is labeled a legal handgun.
    Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    If you are living your life worried about being a victim all the time and not enjoying life to the fullest, you are already a victim...
    -You don't know what you don't see-

1*

NRA Member

No limit in VA....you would have to look at your state laws for carrying a concealed weapon/pistol/firearm (whatever your state calls it)....see handgunlaw.us
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Slider View Post
    Only New Mexico says you can only carry one concealed firearm on your person. In some states you can only carry the firearms listed on your Carry Permit/License but only NM limits you to one firearm.
    NM, hmmm, thought it was AZ, you're probably right, I knew it was one of those states. I think there's only one state. PA doesn't limit you to the number of guns you can carry, nor do they have a registry so you can carry anything that doesn't have to be connected to your LTCF.

Multiple guns, OC spray, and knives...gotta' love the GunShine State.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    I quite often carry two. It's legal in PA. I have my 1911, 2 mags, my P3AT as a BUG and a pocket knife... armed to the teeth I think they say :)

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Multiple guns, OC spray, and knives...gotta' love the GunShine State.
    Yes, indeed!

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Slider View Post
    Yeppers - that is confirmed! We can only carry one pistol concealed. We are also an open carry state so a person can carry one concealed and one open. Additionally, we can only carry (concealed) the caliber/class or lower that's on our permit (i.e., semi-auto, .45 or less; revolver, .45 or less). Nevada is firearm specific on the permit.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

My ? would be why are you carrying a gun in a position that is virtually impossible to draw from,carry it on your side at 3:30 ish where you can draw if you need to
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

BUGs are relatively common - so a lot of people carry 2.

That's a good idea to have a coat pocket gun in bad areas. I think Mas Ayoob covered that in one of his books.

In Ga, carry the caliber you want and as many as you care to tote around. For me it usually my primary and my LCP as a BUG.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    My ? would be why are you carrying a gun in a position that is virtually impossible to draw from,carry it on your side at 3:30 ish where you can draw if you need to

As the OP, I need to be a little more exact and accurate in my explanation, rather than me just saying "small of the back" carry (it's really more like 4 o'clock carry).

And because full concealment means everything to me. I have tried all of the different methods to accomplish this concealment, but only by using an IWB tuckable holster (Kholster) can I get this full concealment, even during a 100deg / 100% humidity day in Mississippi (yes, I also demand that I carry the exact same gun and holster -- in the exact same location -- whether it be winter or summer, for obvious consistency reasons).

I have found that any method that involves a jacket, an un-tucked shirt, or an ankle is open to a gust of wind or the wrong bodily movement (bending over, etc.) to lay you open to completely breaking my #1 rule of, "concealed means concealed". The only other competition for this is a bellyband, but I get too sweaty and hot with this method.

I frankly don't understand how people can walk around without feeling nervous/uneasy/paranoid when using a OWB, or a IWB (non-tuckable), or a shoulder holster in public! Maybe it's just me…

-Bill

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Now about those gloves...
    I was always one to wear gloves, my tiny hands get cold easily. Since I started carrying, no more gloves for me, they just don't fit inside the trigger guard. My pockets are my gloves now.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links