People understand need for self-defense on airlines...

This is a discussion on People understand need for self-defense on airlines... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by mastercapt They would have to be imbeciles. How else can you convince someone to blow themselves up "for the cause", which they ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: People understand need for self-defense on airlines...

Senior Member Array InspectorGadget's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mastercapt View Post
    They would have to be imbeciles. How else can you convince someone to blow themselves up "for the cause", which they probably don't understand, either.
    That is actually common misconception. Most of the suicide bombers that travel tend to be well educated and radicalized in college. This clown is an engineering student from a wealthy family, that is actually the norm for the 911 terrorists, and AQ leaders. Most of the senior leaders are doctors and engineers. Osama has experience from his family business in building tall buildings. If you want to find radicals that are willing to die for a cause you go to the universities, not the slums.
    Colt 1911 New Agent, CTLaser

You do not work for them, they work for you.
    Senators http://senate.gov/general/contact_in...nators_cfm.cfm
    Congressmen http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW_by_State.shtml

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by orrwdd View Post
    This guy was already trained to ask for a Public Defender at our expense. They won't get anything from him unless they send him to Gitmo!
    One news story yesterday (I believe it was on CNN) reported that the "interrogators" offered him an attorney!
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

I miss my Glock! But feel a lot safer with my Cold Steel City Stick, than without.
    Here's the "City Stick" I carried to Europe two summers ago, carried for a month, and then returned with:

I'm only in my fifties, and no one ever requested me to "give it up" even though I do not noticeably limp or otherwise need the cane.

The other benefit was faster admission to museums in both Germany and France (Louvre, d'Orsay, etc.) while carrying it. One Docent in Germany even followed me around, and used keyed elevators to aid me in changing floors.

I felt fairly secure with this cane, even in the lower bowels of the Paris Metro, where the "regionals" run and ruffians tended to hang out late at night, but for the most part, the metro was fantastic.

I think they should have let the guy off the plane early. Before it landed.

Semper Fi

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Here's the "City Stick" I carried to Europe two summers ago, carried for a month, and then returned with:

I'm only in my fifties, and no one ever requested me to "give it up" even though I do not noticeably limp or otherwise need the cane.

The other benefit was faster admission to museums in both Germany and France (Louvre, d'Orsay, etc.) while carrying it. One Docent in Germany even followed me around, and used keyed elevators to aid me in changing floors.

I felt fairly secure with this cane, even in the lower bowels of the Paris Metro, where the "regionals" run and ruffians tended to hang out late at night, but for the most part, the metro was fantastic.
    It's amazing how effectively something as simple as a cane works isn't it, especially as you put it, you did not have a noticeable limp or anything of the sort and yet it's a very useful weapon when used properly.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Quote Originally Posted by mastercapt View Post
    They would have to be imbeciles. How else can you convince someone to blow themselves up "for the cause", which they probably don't understand, either.
    I am for putting those (expletive deleted) under the shuttle when it launches. Nothing to clean up.......

As for allowing us CCW permitted to carry on the airplane, forget it. The PILOTS are having a hard time getting official permission to carry.
    I used to watch the old "Passage to Adventure" travel show on local Chicago TV in the '60s. One show they showed some very rare home movies from WWII. Along with footage of Ar-234s and Me-262s trying to bomb the Ludendorff bridge at Remagen, there was footage of an A-4 (V-2) test that had a problem. A technician was messing with the missile when the engine suddenly ignited. It literally blew the guy out of the frame in an instant.

Practical

An easy drill to try, most single assailants that stand in front of you, and say something.

"Could you tell me the time" "Could you spare some change" This is not the just attack group, they normally come from the rear.

Try different hi grips on your City Stick, that allow you to flip it up-wards, forward, as the just about to go aggressive person, tends to spread their legs a little. It is light, but testicle smack is devastating as an initial strike, at least it gets attention, then a step to one side, and a baseball strike to the front of the shin.

Leave stage left!

To use as a one hand hitting device, just bend knees, slide hand down to shorten your stick, hit quick and hard!

I do not feel un armed with my stick!

Quote Originally Posted by Bm7b5 View Post
    "Aggressive intervention has become the new societal norm," said Bill Voss, an expert at the Flight Safety Foundation in Alexandria, Va.
    This is at it should always be.
    Absolutely.

Now, let's hope we get to the point that the aggressive legal jeopardy ceases being flung at upstanding people who aggressively intervene to stop crimes, legally recognizing the actions for what they are: an absolute good; a termination of criminal actions; a saving of lives, not the threating of them; and cessation of holding people responsible for an ocean of technicalities that matter not one whit. Then, we'll be getting somewhere. And may that open the floodgates of honorable interventions by able-bodied people everywhere, whenever and wherever they're able and willing.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Prior to 2001, I always used to fly with a pocket knife, just an everyday useful tool. God, I wish that every passenger aboard those skyjacked airliners would have been similarly equiped, if not armed, to cause their skyjacker attackers serious bodily harm. God, I wish that more personnel and passengers had profiled instead of smiled. So, instead of profiling and leaving passengers armed with pocket knives to prevent skyjackings and save innocent lives...the FAA and TSA and airlines take pocket knives away!

Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    Speaking of restraining someone on an airline, the story said they used duct tape. Is there something easier that you can bring on with you and use like zip ties?
    Seat belt extenders, they're already on the plane.
    You know how those seat cushions can be used as flotation?
    Well, I figure they can be used to ram or charge a terrorist also, plus they provide protection to you.

Forgive me for being insensitive, but I don't know why you need to restrain a terrorist, he should be beaten to a pulp and assuming room temperature.

And after he is room temperature, he should have some pork products rammed into his body so his buddies back home understand that they ain't going to paradise...

Hmmm...that could be a new screening method - nobody gets on a plane unless they eat bacon first!
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by Guns and more View Post
    Forgive me for being insensitive, but I don't know why you need to restrain a terrorist, he should be beaten to a pulp and assuming room temperature.
    - I agree that they should be beaten severely, but I'm sure that someone will want to harshly interrogate them upon landing.

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    That's the problem with our system, he should be allowed a public defender or anything else. That should be for U.S. Citizens, but I would be called barbaric for what should happen to him by our cream puff society lately.

As far as defending ourselves in the air, yes by all means with everything available, being aware of your surrounds when boarding will show what is useful.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

In my OR CC class the other day, someone had a kubaton (sp) and said that they are legal on planes. I dont know anything about how they're used tho...first one I'd seen.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    And after he is room temperature, he should have some pork products rammed into his body so his buddies back home understand that they ain't going to paradise...

Hmmm...that could be a new screening method - nobody gets on a plane unless they eat bacon first!
    Doesn't work that way, unfortunately.

The Quran 16:115

He has only forbidden you dead meat, and blood, and the flesh of swine, and any (food) over which the name of other than Allah has been invoked. But if one is forced by necessity, without wilful disobedience, nor transgressing due limits,- then Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links