What workout are you doing these days?

This is a discussion on What workout are you doing these days? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Until a back problem in the spring I (along with a friend on this board) was getting 3 or 4 days a week of walking/jogging ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What workout are you doing these days?

Until a back problem in the spring I (along with a friend on this board) was getting 3 or 4 days a week of walking/jogging plus some free weights and my total gym. Hey if it's good enough for Chuck Norris...... Since finishing physical therapy I haven't really got back into full swing and now that cold weather is here it's tough. We've been getting 2 or 3 days a week on the exercise bike and I'm still doing light weights and some Chuck Norris gym. I've put on a few pounds of holiday grub so today starts the serious exercise and eating program. I lost about 80 lbs. 2 years ago and I'm not about to gain it back. Time to suffer for a month or two and get lean.
    G23 w/GTL21, G27, Ruger LCP, & Taurus 617 SS
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Member
    VT Class of '96

2. Remove Ads

Cowboy, that is one of the few animals I have not made sausage with, yet. Friend of mine here has a few, I may get one to make sausage with. This past year, I made 130 pounds of duck/pork sausage, it is wonderful. I have made axis/pork, sika/pork, whitetail/pork, geese/pork, duck/pork, beef/pork, pure pork, nutria/pork. My smoker will hold right about 500 pounds at a time. I enjoy making Cajun Smoked Sausage. Have the seasoning mix down pat.
    D

While sitting in my lounge chair, reclined and relaxed and watching my TV you see, I reach over to my end table with my right hand, and then grab, grip and point my pistol toward my front door, once more, now and again. I may be wrong, but this is gradually making my right arm strong.

I hit the gym 3 days a week and have TKD 2 days a week. In my TKD class our instructor tries to make me puke, since we were both Army I guess he feels it is his duty
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Crossfit - Welcome to CrossFit: Forging Elite Fitness - stresses functional movements and high intensity cardio. Sort of like P90X but more varied. Did P90X for awhile and it was really good, but Crossfit is better for ME. But something is always better then nothing.
    "Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because the law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual." - Thomas Jefferson

Hey I just found this article if any LEOs are looking for a workout suited for their work.

Bodybuilding.com - Return To Cop Land: Strength Training For The Professional Warrior! - James Chan

I am considering it.
    "Put on the whole armor of God..."

Quote Originally Posted by Stratispho View Post
    Crossfit - Welcome to CrossFit: Forging Elite Fitness - stresses functional movements and high intensity cardio. Sort of like P90X but more varied. Did P90X for awhile and it was really good, but Crossfit is better for ME. But something is always better then nothing.
    Crossfit is intense !! I've done it a few times and thought i was going to keel over. Really works and recruits all of your body's muscle fibers and focuses heavily on your core. Much more practical than just lifting weights and running.
    Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    If you are living your life worried about being a victim all the time and not enjoying life to the fullest, you are already a victim...
    -You don't know what you don't see-

1*

NRA Member

I thought about an exercise program. I sat down until the thought passed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    I thought about an exercise program. I sat down until the thought passed.
    I definitely just laughed out loud on that one !!
    Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    If you are living your life worried about being a victim all the time and not enjoying life to the fullest, you are already a victim...
    -You don't know what you don't see-

1*

NRA Member

What workout are you doing these days?
    Work mainly. I must walk 5 miles a day, in 8, 10, or 12 hours at work, 5-7 days a week. I carry a 45lb bag of tools over my shoulder, climb ladders, and use wrenches up to 2 1/2". I had got into going to the gym in my spare time, but spare time got to be way to scarce. So every once in a while I'll work out in one of the electrical sub-station rooms with a 4ft long, 3" diameter steel rod just to keep my upper body in shape. All the while I'm doing this day in and day out, I think about all of the desk jockeys in the world emailing each other over a short wall, doughnuts, and pizza for some strange reason. Stay hard!

Exercise bike 20 min.....Then Bow Flex 1/2 hour...Then 20 min on Elliptical...every other day and I use Cell Tech.....on my off days I will sometimes ride the bike for 1/2 hour and read ...
    OD 19.........G26 and a few more .
    Gun Controll Means Using Both Hands..

Beer and sometimes beer and wings

I go to the gym 6 nights a week. I lift weights and I do 30 minutes of cardio every night that I am there. every third week, I do burn out sets on the weights and I add another 30 minutes of cardio just to keep things mixed up.

I am in better shape now than I was when I was in my 20's.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Running...

...to the fridge between commercials.

At age 64, I find that one needs to work harder at fitness than ever before; especially the diet. 2 days of weights and 2 days of cardio and abs each week; 90 minute sessions, each time. I can still do 20 pull-ups and 100 sit-ups, so it's over when I say its over. One of the posters was correct when he said that the young kids are quicker and hit harder.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links