What is up with legallyarmed.com?

This is a discussion on What is up with legallyarmed.com? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Tom357 It appears to be a download purchase, meaning that you provide the payment information, and then download the file to your ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is up with legallyarmed.com?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom357 View Post
    It appears to be a download purchase, meaning that you provide the payment information, and then download the file to your computer. Unless you ordered some other product from them, in addition to the pdf file you were supposed to download as part of the purchase process, then they may not have anything to send you.

A LOT of people have problems with download purchases, but that doesn't necessarily make the vendor a scam site. Sometimes, it is just a matter of confusing, complicated screens and text getting in the way of what should be an easy process.
    Thanks for all of the great info and feedback, guys!

No Tom, thanks for your input, but this guy at legallyarmed.com "sells" a physical booklet, which is $10 for the booklet itself and $2 for the shipping. He also "sells" a PDF file for $5, which you have to download. (I am not going to risk $5 more to see if the download option is legit). I had chosen to get the already printed booklet (for my car), for a grand total of $12. This he never sent, nor did he respond to multiple emails. (Since I am in I.T., I never have problems downloading things!)

Thank you all,

Milly

2. Remove Ads

Just call up your CC company or paypal or whoever you used to pay him and do a chargeback. If everyone that he scams does this, whoever he accepts payments through will probably drop him. It's generally a pretty quick and easy process.

Sorry to hear about it. I'll go ahead and agree with everyone that you'd be better off just printing out all of the docs on handgunlaw.us
    "For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him."
    -John 3:17

Administrator
    How can a person be a legitimate quack? Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Agave View Post
    It's not a scam. I've met the guy and he's legit; I do have one of his books... but he's a quack.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    How can a person be a legitimate quack? Just wondering.
    Look at our elected officials in D.C.
    TheShadow:
    True but: Having embalming fluid in your system is gotta be worse

Quote Originally Posted by Milly View Post
    ...No Tom, thanks for your input, but this guy at legallyarmed.com "sells" a physical booklet, which is $10 for the booklet itself and $2 for the shipping. He also "sells" a PDF file for $5, which you have to download. (I am not going to risk $5 more to see if the download option is legit). I had chosen to get the already printed booklet (for my car), for a grand total of $12. This he never sent, nor did he respond to multiple emails. (Since I am in I.T., I never have problems downloading things!)...
    I stand corrected. I finally found the catalog, indirectly, through two other pages to get there. The PDF was available from the homepage, and no mention of the printed version that I see though I may be overlooking it. No direct link to the catalog, either. Weird. My mistake.
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

Quote Originally Posted by Agave View Post
    It's not a scam. I've met the guy and he's legit; I do have one of his books... but he's a quack.
    Wait a minute. He takes an order, and takes your money and then doesn't send the product, and refuses to reply to e-mails, but he's legit?
    I think that's the definition of a scam.

Also be aware that the purpose of the BBB is to protect business, not you.
    They try to keep the reputation of businesses clean.
    As someone said, report him to the Attorney General as a scam.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom357 View Post
    I stand corrected. I finally found the catalog, indirectly, through two other pages to get there. The PDF was available from the homepage, and no mention of the printed version that I see though I may be overlooking it. No direct link to the catalog, either. Weird. My mistake.
    Hi Tom,

I definitely see where you could be confused by this A-hole's poorly laid-out site, since it just took me a while to find the proper link now too!

Here is the link to BOTH this person's downloadable ($5) and his printed out paper ($10) CCW permit guides (To me it looked like a "must-buy" booklet, but not when he doesn't actually send people what they ordered; and now I also found out from others that this person's CCW information is probably outdated and/or inaccurate anyway!)

http://legallyarmed.com/catalog/inde...3022c110e956ce

I'll stick with http://www.handgunlaw.us/ from now on; now that is a GREAT site!!:

-Milly

VIP Member
    The hit counter on his site has probably hit an all time high!

Full of false information, my Washington CPL is NOT honored by Arizona as he says. I gave up on trying to find other information that was false, there's 5 min of my life I'll never get back!

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Guns and more View Post
    Wait a minute. He takes an order, and takes your money and then doesn't send the product, and refuses to reply to e-mails, but he's legit?
    I think that's the definition of a scam.
    Hardly. A scam is a fraudulent scheme with the intent of larceny. I really don't think this guy is intent on stealing anyone's money. I just think he's incompetent.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Thumbs down Legallyarmed.com: Buyer Beware

This outfit seems to have a long, but consistent history. I ordered a Tennessee State Concealed Carry ID Pouch ($20 with p&h) over a month ago and have received no merchandise or response to my emails. I paid with Paypal and have filed a claim through them, but to date they have not heard from these guys either. While it is obviously illegal to steal money via the internet, there doesn't seem to be any clearcut path to resolution or prosecution. I guess as long as these guys confine themselves to small amounts of theft they can continue to operate.

If this guy is merely incompetent, he has been taking people's money through his "incompetence" for several years. Google legallyarmed.com complaints for an idea of how long this outfit has been profitting from incompetence. This seems to be plain and simple theft.

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    There are apps for smartphones that don't cost $12 and don't become outdated because they are updated frequently.

https://sites.google.com/site/workmanapps/ccw for Android and iPhone. This is a great little app.

In addition to the Handgunlaw site that has been recommended above, I like the interactive reciprocity map at Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps . Just click on the state or states that have issued you permits (click your state of residence first), and it will generate a color-coded map of the US clearly showing which states you're allowed to carry in. The site seems to be kept pretty current. I always check it and the Handgunlaw site prior to interstate travel.

Just to recap what everyone else has said they have been reported to the BBB and Iím actually surprised they are not shut down. I got ripped off by them for almost 150.00 so I feel your pain that was in like 2009. So don't expect your money back, IMHO do a little more research on the place before you order from anywhere.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links