What is up with legallyarmed.com?

This is a discussion on What is up with legallyarmed.com? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I ordered a state "Concealed Weapons License Travel Guide" from www.legallyarmed.com quite some time ago, and they never sent me anything. Even after many emails ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is up with legallyarmed.com?

What is up with legallyarmed.com?

I ordered a state "Concealed Weapons License Travel Guide" from www.legallyarmed.com quite some time ago, and they never sent me anything. Even after many emails to them, http://www.legallyarmed.com has apperently taken my money, and completely ignores my emails. (I have seen another post elsewhere on this exact same topic that was over two years old, so this apperently isn't a new or rare occurance for them). Does anyone know if www.legallyarmed.com is a scam site? Has anyone else had this same problem? It's only $12 bucks, but still...

Thank you,

Milly

2. Remove Ads

Never seen the site before and have no information on the legitimacy of their product. Right off the bat I'd say it looks like you were had and I'm sorry to say it kinda looks like you'll be waiting with an empty mailbox from that site.

JMO, the CWLTG is a waste of $12. Good luck to you and sorry to hear about the scam job.

GBK
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

hate to hear that your out $12.00 Looks like to me that there is more than enough info on this website for free though

I think it's a scam. Should be reported. I live in MO. I clicked on Mo info and it say's Kansas and Georgia ,PA,,,ect do not recognize a MO permit. According the MO attorney generals ( Missouri Attorney General's Office :: Concealed Weapons :: Concealed Carry Reciprocity ) and the other states...this site is wrong. Either they had good intentions and never update it, or its a rip off.

Check out this - http://www.handgunlaw.us/

All the info you need for state to state.

After a quick google search, there are complaints like yours going back to 2007. You just lost $12, but there should be a way to make complaints and get these scammers shut down. If you paid with a CC you can get your money back through them.
    TheShadow:
    True but: Having embalming fluid in your system is gotta be worse

One problem with printed travel guides like that is the laws are constantly changing,what was either legal/illegal one day could change,This site has a wealth of current Info from people that actually live in the state,where to go and where not to go
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    First off, welcome to DC.com from Virginia.

It appears you may very well have gotten ripped off. I'd report them to the BBB and the AG office in the state they operate from. Handgunlaw.us is a good site for any info you might need for traveling, as well as it having links to the various states. I have it bookmarked on all my computers.

cmb
    I don't know about you but stealing from someone youknow is armed doesn't seem to smart to me...

Welcome to this site from South Carolina...As others have said, I think you can chalk up a $12 lesson...You will gain a wealth of information on this site at "NO COST" and if you can't find what you are looking for thru searching, just ask!!!
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

I have the same problem. Earlier this year I had ordered a booklet and even chatted with the guy briefly on the phone. But the pamphlet never arrived. Months later I sent an email asking for my money back and have not received a reply.

Guess I'll call the BBB.

Distinguished Member Array Der Alte's Avatar
    Milly, welcome from North Carolina. Sounds like something you can file under "Life Experiences".
    Its a shame that youth is wasted on the young.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OngngFreedom View Post
    I have the same problem. Earlier this year I had ordered a booklet and even chatted with the guy briefly on the phone. But the pamphlet never arrived. Months later I sent an email asking for my money back and have not received a reply.

Guess I'll call the BBB.
    While the BBB may be of some help, I think bringing it to the attention of the AG's office is a better way to go. While $12. isn't much, if 1000 people have been fleeced out of that amount your talking $12,000. Not up on all the laws involved, but I believe internet fraud is a federal crime.

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    It's not a scam. I've met the guy and he's legit; I do have one of his books... but he's a quack.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

One of the best ways to check on States you go through, or intend to go through, call them!

In Florida we just dial it in on the web.

Quote Originally Posted by Milly View Post
    I ordered a state "Concealed Weapons License Travel Guide" from Homeland Security works best with legally armed citizens quite some time ago, and they never sent me anything. Even after many emails to them, Homeland Security works best with legally armed citizens has apperently taken my money, and completely ignores my emails. (I have seen another post elsewhere on this exact same topic that was over two years old, so this apperently isn't a new or rare occurance for them). Does anyone know if Homeland Security works best with legally armed citizens is a scam site? Has anyone else had this same problem? It's only $12 bucks, but still...

Thank you,

Milly
    It appears to be a download purchase, meaning that you provide the payment information, and then download the file to your computer. Unless you ordered some other product from them, in addition to the pdf file you were supposed to download as part of the purchase process, then they may not have anything to send you.

A LOT of people have problems with download purchases, but that doesn't necessarily make the vendor a scam site. Sometimes, it is just a matter of confusing, complicated screens and text getting in the way of what should be an easy process.

That said, you can gather the same information from Handgunlaw.us, and the information is kept very current.
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links