Defensive Carry banner

Car safes

7K views 26 replies 22 participants last post by  XsYang 
#1 ·
I was looking for a safe for the vehicle to keep a firearm in, while parked in the company parking lot.

I searched and came across this one at a very reasonable price:
- Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices
Has an electronic lock with rolling code protection, and a key lock override.

I have an expedition with a center console, and this would fit inside just right. I will mount it door up and facing the driver. Download the "manual" for the inside dimensions. I plan on thru-bolting it thru the floor, with large fender washers

For $30, its better than NO safe.
Just passing it along.

#3 ·
Here is what I use in the car to lock up mine.

In Car Gun Safe :smile::smile:
I use the CoM safe in my car (when I absolutely have to), and the great thing is being able to hide the safe. When I put my gun in the safe and hide the safe, you will never know it's even there.:ziplip:

#7 ·
I try to make it a rule to never buy any thing from harbor freight that has moving parts ( I love their dead blow hammers and magnetic nut bowls). That said what you have will probaly stop the smash and grab guys just fine

#8 ·
#19 ·
I have the samething except, mine is bolted under the back seeat of my truck and does not show, till I lift the seqat up.

#13 ·
Another vote for COM safes... For the cost, it's not worth the risk not to have one...

#14 ·
I use a CoM safe as well.

However, for a Christmas stocking stuffer, my wife found a small steel combo safe. It fits a subcompact pistol only and was purchased at a discount store for $15. It came with a steel cable just like my CoM safe. Its really small and only fits my Kahr PM9, but I was pleased with the stocking stuffer.

#16 ·
COM permanently mounted in trunk of car. Secure-it in our travel luggage for when we visit grandkids. Properly securing weapon from prying hands may not be taught at the fancy combat courses but it would be a heartbreaking and tragic lesson to have to learn from experience.

#21 ·
In Wisconsin I can't have a safe in my car unless it has a long enough cable to be completely outside of the car when I put the gun in or take it out. If the case of a gun is resting on or in the car, it's illegal because that's an uncased firearm in a vehicle. I need to move to a new state...

#22 ·
I also use the CoM safes. I have one for each vehicle.

#24 ·
Heres what I am going to use...

| Sentry® Safe | KDS-1 Drawersafe/Keybox

Found this at walmart today in the office supply section. Its a square key box, perfect for LCP's Keltecs and other small pistols.

Paid 11.97 for it. It will fit in a small center console. Im going to take a bicycle brake/ gearshift cable and run it to the front seat leg to secure it.

They had a larger money box that may work for larger framed pistols. Cheaper, 9.97.

I dont leave anything in sight ever. I have a factory radio. If they are already in the car it will discourage them or severely hinder them if they want a key box with unknown contents.

MacTech

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.