CC vs OC - Page 2

CC vs OC

This is a discussion on CC vs OC within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As far as i have been told here in Nevada, Open carry is only if the entire gun/holster is visible. Even if just a little ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CC vs OC

As far as i have been told here in Nevada, Open carry is only if the entire gun/holster is visible. Even if just a little bit is covered with an open jacket flap or t-shirt hanging over the top, it is considered CC
    Life is a game of chance, be prepared to throw down when its time to dance. If your young, enjoy it cuz your youth is gold and never waste time every single day you grow old. written is a page in the book for you, with hard times and bad luck to see what you will do.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    in PA, there's no gray area. if you can see it, even if it's only the grip, it's OC. if it's totally covered, even if you're printing badly, it's still CC.
    Virginia is similar.

Although there can be some gray areas, in some of the more anti jurisdictions. (Hey, that's why they are called legal opinions.)

As we can OC in a club or restaurant that sells on premises alcohol but not CC there, the issue usually comes up around the Va Tuck in such an establishment.

Generally speaking the grip & the back end of the slide, or grip and hammer or back of the hammer shroud, is enough.

However, there is also a question of "deceptive appearance as to disguise the weapon's true nature."

18.2-308. Personal protection; carrying concealed weapons; when lawful to carry.

A. If any person carries about his person, hidden from common observation, .... For the purpose of this section, a weapon shall be deemed to be hidden from common observation when it is observable but is of such deceptive appearance as to disguise the weapon's true nature.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    However, there is also a question of "deceptive appearance as to disguise the weapon's true nature."
    This sound to me as if it's directed more towards cane guns, pen guns and cell phone guns.

I don't think even this would be considered Deceptive appearance:

nokia gun.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links