Picked up my NCCHP today and went to walmart

This is a discussion on Picked up my NCCHP today and went to walmart within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I applied for my CHP on November 20th and picked it up today, the 28th of December. I intermediately came home and put my PT145 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Picked up my NCCHP today and went to walmart

I applied for my CHP on November 20th and picked it up today, the 28th of December. I intermediately came home and put my PT145 in a Kholster and went to wally world. I went to the sporting goods department to pick up some .45 acp but, they did not have any. So, I settled for some Remington 3" 00 buck for my 12 gauge.

After the stop by the sporting goods, I did some shopping for about 45 minutes or so. Picked up a larger size of pants than I normally wear. I had to crawl on the floor while looking for them. Took my wife through the women's lingerie. I then walked the crowded grocery aisles. This walmart doesn't sell nachos so I picked up some stuff to make them at home

Went to the longest check out line and stood in fron of my buggy so I would be close to the person in front of me. Then Had a brief conversation with the cashier.

No one noticed I was carrying. However, I was able to spot two guys who were.
    Eating my nachos as I type this....
    1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Congrats! Nachos sound good right now...
    Logan - NRA Member

Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP

Laugh lots, Love Often, and Defend the Irreplaceable

Congrats!

That was fast on getting your CHP!
    South Carolina is 90+ days
    “Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

OK...I have been avoiding asking this for a couple of months, hoping it would become obvious to me...but, apparently, I am just too dense.

What is the significance of Wal-Mart (and nachos)? I have been carrying since '74, but only on forums like this the past year or so...

By the way...congrats on the permit

Congrats on the permit and your first carry experience. It's definitely weird to be walking around a store knowing you have a gun on you (legally). It took me all of 90 days to get mine. Actually I went to get mine (after calling a couple times) and it turns out they had it for two weeks before i got a call.
    Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    If you are living your life worried about being a victim all the time and not enjoying life to the fullest, you are already a victim...
    -You don't know what you don't see-

1*

NRA Member

Congrats on the new permit...making NC a little safer.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Congrats on the permit there AW!!

Maybe see you next May at the NRA convention in Charlotte.

And PaxMentis, the WWW is a rite of passage for new permit holders. Just do a search and read about how many of us lost our , so to speak, doing the walk.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Sweet! Welcome to NC CCHP world.

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    Congratulations!

Welcome to Conceal Carrying in NC!
    Kel-Tec P-3at, Taurus PT-908, Glock 17, Glock 19, Glock 26, Kel-Tec SUB-2000 9mm (Glock 17 mag compatible),Kel-Tec PF-9, Ruger SP-101 2¼ barrel hammerless, Maverick Arms 88 Security 8-shot 12 gauge, Marlin 336W .30-30 Win., Rossi Model 92 SRC .357 Mag.

Congratulations on the permit.
    That's a remarkable turnaround since it includes the Thanksgiving holiday too.

Wow! And your gun didn't jump out and just start firing wildly? Everyone didn't know. Congratulations My Wally World doesn't sell nachos either, but they do have pretty good chicken wings.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Quote Originally Posted by LethalStang View Post
    Congrats on the permit and your first carry experience. It's definitely weird to be walking around a store knowing you have a gun on you (legally). It took me all of 90 days to get mine. Actually I went to get mine (after calling a couple times) and it turns out they had it for two weeks before i got a call.
    Congrats on the quick turnaround!!!

Lethalstang... Did it take that long here in buncombe county or were you in another county at the time?
    If guns kill people then i can legitimately blame misspelled words on my pencil!!!

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Msprink051 View Post
    Congrats on the quick turnaround!!!

Lethalstang... Did it take that long here in buncombe county or were you in another county at the time?

Yep, it was Buncombe Cnty. 90 days seems to be about the average, some get it quicker (if you have connections) and some it takes a little longer. Have you gotten yours yet ?? Welcome to the site by the way !!
    Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    If you are living your life worried about being a victim all the time and not enjoying life to the fullest, you are already a victim...
    -You don't know what you don't see-

1*

NRA Member

Smile

Another congrats from eastern NC. You mentioned no 45 ammo. My WW hasn't had pistol ammo of any kind when I have been in there for about a month. It was/is supposed to the be highest volume WW for guns and ammo in the district. Many large chain stores like Bass Pro Shops and Cabelas has ammo again, so I wonder what is up with WW. Are their bullying tactics finally catching up or are they maybe getting out of the hand gun ammo business???

Armydad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links