1st Time To Fly With Firearm - Page 2

1st Time To Fly With Firearm

This is a discussion on 1st Time To Fly With Firearm within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Majorlk No crime was committed; the TSA regulations are just that, regulations, and not laws. FWIW, if the case in question is ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1st Time To Fly With Firearm

Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    No crime was committed; the TSA regulations are just that, regulations, and not laws.

FWIW, if the case in question is a handgun case inside an suitcase, the tag can go either inside or outside. Putting it on the outside makes more sense, because it can be seen at a glance that the firearm has been inspected without chasing down the owner to open the case.

iirc the ink has metallic on the declaration for the unloaded firearm so they can see upon xray.....

you are not allowed to put anything on the outside that signifies that it contains a firearm....when i flew out of philly on the 16th of december only thing on the outside was the white sticker with flight data name etc.....
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

Quote Originally Posted by rmodel65 View Post
    iirc the ink has metallic on the declaration for the unloaded firearm so they can see upon xray.....

you are not allowed to put anything on the outside that signifies that it contains a firearm....when i flew out of philly on the 16th of december only thing on the outside was the white sticker with flight data name etc.....
    We are talking about a pistol case inside a suitcase; you are referring to a freestanding gun case not inside anything else.

I guess we are both right, to a point. It's still a TSA regulation not a law, so no crime was committed.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    We are talking about a pistol case inside a suitcase; you are referring to a freestanding gun case not inside anything else.

I guess we are both right, to a point. It's still a TSA regulation not a law, so no crime was committed.
    my pistol was in a suitcase.... i believe the LAW says it must not have anything whatsoever that lets anyone know theres a gun inside
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

Quote Originally Posted by rmodel65 View Post
    iirc the ink has metallic on the declaration for the unloaded firearm so they can see upon xray...\
    Someone posted that BAD info here a few days ago in a previous thread. When I challenged the assertion and asked for a link or a cite, the poster admitted he had no proof and was guessing.

AFAIK, TSA has no ability to see the declaration tag if it's inside the locked gun case. If TSA conducts a secondary hand search of your bag and doesn't see the tag outside of the gun case, they probably will not allow the bag onto the plane as you are not there to open the locked container.

If someone has a cite for the unsubstantiated claim of TSA being able to see a declaration tag inside a metal locked gun case and to read the writing, I'd like to see it.
    Last edited by swinokur; December 30th, 2009 at 03:11 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links