Funny yesterday at the gun shop

This is a discussion on Funny yesterday at the gun shop within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by 21bubba I heard glock's don't even need bullets. You guys are just way to funny...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Funny yesterday at the gun shop

Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    I heard glock's don't even need bullets.
    You guys are just way to funny
    Dave
    I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by dakeypoo View Post
    She's 5'6, 108 and enjoys wearing form fitting clothes. We haven't tried an IWB holster for her yet.
    Try that IWB at the "appendix" position. I've seen a few slender type ladies carry concealed in that style with some pretty tight shirts on.

Curious which shop it was. I am in Jacksonville and have found most of the shops here try and sell you what they have. I would look at the Ruger LCP. I have one and love it. Mine usually is on my ankle or in a pocket, in a holster of course. Shoots well but I don't think anybody would tell you it is "fun" to shoot because of its size.

Who was the slender lady on here that carried a 1911 Small Of Back. That may be an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Kgregson View Post
    Curious which shop it was. I am in Jacksonville and have found most of the shops here try and sell you what they have. I would look at the Ruger LCP. I have one and love it. Mine usually is on my ankle or in a pocket, in a holster of course. Shoots well but I don't think anybody would tell you it is "fun" to shoot because of its size.

Who was the slender lady on here that carried a 1911 Small Of Back. That may be an option.
    It was the Gun Shop on Atlantic.

Yep they are crooked anyways. I tried to cancel a class their once over a week before the class and their "range instructor" was yelling at me over the phone how I was taking money out of his pocket.

Best one I have been to in JAX is Shooters on University.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    I have found that some of the guys at gun shops will only tell you about what they have on hand, or what they like personally. Even talking to two different workers at the same shop on the same day can give drastically different results. I enjoy talking to them still, but as you learned, they can only give the information that they have, and their opinion, which is not always right. Use them as one source of info, but definitly not the only one.
    Walk softly ...

Quote Originally Posted by liljake82 View Post
    LOL Unfortunately too many gun salesmen are full of it. Glad you were packing and learned this lesson. Looks like you're doing your homework. Good job.

+1

....and welcome aboard from just up the beach in St. Marys.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Kahr is nice gun. Keltec and Ruger .380's are also good guns. I have both and yes, they are less expensive than the Kahr. None are soemthing you would want to shoot for a prlonged tiem on the rnage, and being small gun, they will take some practice to develop good skills for shooting accurately. None are target guns, just meant for up close & personal situations. Expect your best accuracy at 10 yards and under. I quite happy with mine. Being small, thin and lightweight, they are easy to tuck ina pocket or a waistband. Ankle carry is slow to draw from and in a purse, it can easily be grabbed away at the time you need it. On the body in a place were you have ready and easy access without shifting body position is the best way to go. I carry my GLock IWB and mypocekt guns ( Keltec/RUGER LCP ) usually ride in my pocket.

mkh
    Quote Originally Posted by Kgregson View Post
    Yep they are crooked anyways. I tried to cancel a class their once over a week before the class and their "range instructor" was yelling at me over the phone how I was taking money out of his pocket.

Best one I have been to in JAX is Shooters on University.
    +1 on that.

I also wantd to make sure you guys are aware of Florida Concealed Carry Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Some of us hang out on both sites. Good mix that way.

I've tried that. Buy a pistol and tell the wife it is for her and then try to carry it myself. How did you get away with it?

Check The Cornered Cat for info on ladies carring and being armed.
    Great info.

Semper Fi

You might also take a good look at the Sig P238.

Distinguished Member Array tiwee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HardCorps79 View Post
    Cabela's carries a good stock of .380 online. You can have it shipped to the store, or your home. Most of it is on back-order and wait times are typically 1-2 weeks,....Semper Fi
    Have had a case of .380 ordered from Cabela,s since October. No ammo to date. I do get an email about every two weeks saying it is on its way.

Tiwee- wow, that sucks. I haven't had to order, but a good number of friends around here haven't had any problems other than a few weeks wait time. Good luck!
    NRA Certified Instructor (6 years)
    Former LEO/DOD Contractor
    Active Duty Marine (Martial Arts Instructor)
    Glock 17, Kel-Tec P-11, S&W Model 60, various rifles

The P3AT and LCP are great guns. You will find them very reliable. However, they are quite unpleasant to shoot. I've owned two P3AT's. I currently own an LCP and a Kahr P380. The Kahr is by far a better shooting and more accurate gun. Your wife will appreciate that. My wife is small and relatively new to shooting. She won't shoot my LCP because of the recoil.

If money is an issue, then get either the P3AT or LCP. Either way, you will be carrying a reliable gun.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links