Draw & Rack Video

Draw & Rack Video

This is a discussion on Draw & Rack Video within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is not meant to start yet another discussion of to carry chambered or not. I just though some of you may find this interesting ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Draw & Rack Video

Draw & Rack Video

This is not meant to start yet another discussion of to carry chambered or not. I just though some of you may find this interesting as I did. It seems as if this person is very fast at being able to draw and rack the slide.

YouTube - fastest gun draw from concealed carry

Never quit understood why the Israeli's carried in condition 1, does anyone know?

Pretty fast..... I saw a guy who designed a special holster, so that when he grabbed it he could push the gun forward and cock it in the holster and draw with ONE hand.... he was fast too....

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by shooterX View Post
    Never quit understood why the Israeli's carried in condition 1, does anyone know?
    Actually.. that's is considered condition 3. Condition 1 is bullet in chamber.

Anyway, I don't know why they do that but through the whole course of the video I kept thinking, "But what if you don't have that off hand to rack the slide with?" Yeah, there are those who have trained to rack the slide on their belt or heel or whatever, but if you are in a situation where you don't have your off hand and you need your gun NOW it would REALLY stink to have to be worrying about how you are going to chamber a round.

I could watch a million of these "speed rack" videos and still never be convinced.. Condition 1.. the only way to travel!

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    I am with you "Limatunes" what if I had to use my off hand to fend off a BG. The guy is quick. I would also be concerned with my clothing getting caught in the slide. I use my of hand to keep my clothing out of the way during the draw.

He fast and has both hands free. Wonder how he'd do in close quarters trying to get to the gun while some BG is occupying the other hand?

No brainer for me. Nice video, but there's a definite reason to carry chambered and ready.

I think that it is neat that people would try to perfect this maneuver, but if you watch police assault stops on youtube you can see in almost every case these poor folks almost completely unable to draw their weapon. In one video the cop's gun jammed (probably because the slide was not clear due to close combat) he couldnt clear it AND the bad guy took it away from him and hammered him in the head with it.

An unloaded gun is a hammer
    "How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." -Suzanna Gratia Hupp

What do you do if you loose time as a result of having to move more than a T-shirt, like an over coat? Impressive video, no doubt, but as others have said Cond. 1 for me.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

EW3
    From Wikipedia:

The "Israeli Method" is a point shooting system devised by the Israel Defense Force (IDF) for use in training personnel to use rifles, submachineguns, and handguns.

In its initial stages of training, it closely resembles the Fairbairn, Sykes, and Applegate (FSA) method described above. In later stages, training in the rapid acquisition of the sights is taught, as well as a more advanced method of pointshooting.

In the United States and Canada, the term "Israeli Method" is generally believed to refer to the carrying of a semiautomatic pistol with its chamber empty. However, the carrying of the chamber empty served a safety consideration, rather than a tactical consideration. In past decades, due to severe budget constraints, IDF purchased and issued large quantities of antiquated sidearms, the mechanical safety of which was questionable. In recent decades, as budget concerns are increasingly alleviated and more modern, standardized sidearms are issued, this mode of carry is increasingly being phased out. It should also be noted that specialized personnel, such as police and special forces units, have typically carried newer and safer firearms, and have rarely used this mode of carry.

Point shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    Actually.. that's is considered condition 3. Condition 1 is bullet in chamber.

Anyway, I don't know why they do that but through the whole course of the video I kept thinking, "But what if you don't have that off hand to rack the slide with?" Yeah, there are those who have trained to rack the slide on their belt or heel or whatever, but if you are in a situation where you don't have your off hand and you need your gun NOW it would REALLY stink to have to be worrying about how you are going to chamber a round.

I could watch a million of these "speed rack" videos and still never be convinced.. Condition 1.. the only way to travel!
    Yeah guess I got it backwards, thanks. And I agree going around with a loaded chamber is the only way to travel. EW# thanks for the additional data.

Not to get off topic but did anyone see the "fastest glock draw ever"?

YouTube - The fastest Glock draw, ever!!

Really really bad idea.
    "Put on the whole armor of God..."

fail
    "How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." -Suzanna Gratia Hupp

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EW3 View Post
    From Wikipedia:

The "Israeli Method" is a point shooting system devised by the Israel Defense Force (IDF) for use in training personnel to use rifles, submachineguns, and handguns.

In its initial stages of training, it closely resembles the Fairbairn, Sykes, and Applegate (FSA) method described above. In later stages, training in the rapid acquisition of the sights is taught, as well as a more advanced method of pointshooting.

In the United States and Canada, the term "Israeli Method" is generally believed to refer to the carrying of a semiautomatic pistol with its chamber empty. However, the carrying of the chamber empty served a safety consideration, rather than a tactical consideration. In past decades, due to severe budget constraints, IDF purchased and issued large quantities of antiquated sidearms, the mechanical safety of which was questionable. In recent decades, as budget concerns are increasingly alleviated and more modern, standardized sidearms are issued, this mode of carry is increasingly being phased out. It should also be noted that specialized personnel, such as police and special forces units, have typically carried newer and safer firearms, and have rarely used this mode of carry.

Point shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Nice information here. Good post.

Quote Originally Posted by AllAbtSlfDef View Post
    Not to get off topic but did anyone see the "fastest glock draw ever"?

YouTube - The fastest Glock draw, ever!!

Really really bad idea.
    I think it's the fastest airsoft Glock draw ever. Notice the barrel sleeve.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

If my little corner of the world goes weird. I do NOT need to be chambering a round in order to begin to save my life. I have several 100% reliable firearms that are fussy about chambering a round by any method other than by firing one round to chamber the next.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

The reason the Israeli Shabak and other units train that way is related to the information mentioned before about unreliable safety features of some weapons.

The method helps standardizing the practice. In other words, no matter what type (or make) of semi-auto pistol one carries (and they have many different ones), the firing procedure and outcomes would be the same.

True, there are limitations to this method -- mostly related to one-hand operation. However, using two hands, I can still draw, chamber, and shoot accurately using this method, faster than most with a chambered round... With practice, racking the slide can become an integral part of the draw that does not slow the draw whatsoever.

I hope this helps --
    ------------------------------>
    Shoot Straight

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links