Where to put the BUG?

This is a discussion on Where to put the BUG? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Thumper I've carried my BUG on my ankle, IWB and in my pocket but my all time favorite is in this: Off ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where to put the BUG?

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    I've carried my BUG on my ankle, IWB and in my pocket but my all time favorite is in this:

Off hand draw right behind my spare magazine.

OWB Holsters Desbiens Gun Leather
    Oh that's cool...so you have your BUG and a reload for your primary. That would be a good thing for the winter..summer, trying to conceal two guns under a shirt...that would be a whole other story.

2. Remove Ads

I've carried my BUG on my ankle, IWB and in my pocket but my all time favorite is in this:

Wow, I've never seen anything like this. Thanks for the link - they have another interesting setup that combines a strong side cross-draw holster in front of the weak side spare mag.
    Clinging to guns and God in PA...

Quote Originally Posted by G19inLV View Post
    So I recently purchased a new carry gun, Kahr CW9, which I shot today, and it is great. Took a little to get used to the lighter trigger than that of my Glock. Anyway, I will use it for the times when a thinner gun will be easier to carry, or for pocket carry. I will probably at certain times carry it is a BUG to my G19. So tell me, what is usually the way to do it? Strong hand pocket or weak hand pocket? Ankle?

Do you carry it in a place so that it will be easier to get to with your weak hand, or where you can get to it with your strong hand?

Thanks.
    I also have a G19 as my EDC, but use either a Kahr PM9 or S&W 442 in a weak side pocket holster as a BUG. I own a CW9, and could carry it in a pocket holster in some trousers, but the grip is one round longer than my PM9 so it doesn't always fit or conceal as well depending on what I'm wearing.

Make sure you practice with the CW9. While the trigger pull is smooth, it feels slightly longer than the G19 to me. That also may be my perception based on the fact that the Glock trigger reset occurs further back than the Kahrs, which have to be almost to the point where your finger is off the trigger before reset occurs.
    Clinging to guns and God in PA...

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar

Very nice!!!!

For me my BUG is backing up my G27 which is strongside OWB.

My Kel Tec is located in my weakside pocket.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

BUG

For those of us who are a bit portly, if both the main and BUG are IWB holstered, drawing both would cause one pants to fall to the floor.
    I carry mine IWB at 3:30 and a spare mag in the week hand front pocket when going into bad neighborhoods. Rest of time, no BUG or spare mags. 7 in the gun should be a good enough stopper.

Generally ankle carry for me. The BUG isn't always just a BU to a primary, but a gun that is easier to get to in some positions. When seated in the car or at a restaurant booth, the 642 in an ankle rig might be easier to get to than my primary.

VIP Member
    Although I can certainly appreciate the benefits of a back-up gun (BUG) I’ve never carried one since I left the Sheriff’s Office in the 70's. As a civilian with a conceal-carry permit with a reliable revolver, I’m already way ahead of most citizens and that seems to work for me.

Still, I just recently addressed the need to carry a reload and I am considering a 400-dollar Taser. I know a couple of people who were forced to banish their gun in order to defuse an imminent threat. In each case, the use of deadly force would have arguably been justified. Fortunately, the bad guys in each case, backed down. So, if a gun is all you have, then so be it. However, if you have a more suitable counter-measure, I would think a taser would be more useful and require less paperwork.

Regards, Dan Or...
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

I have a very excellent Galco ankle glove that wears well for my 5 shooter. If I were to pick for everyday BUG thats my choice. And with practice you can present arms pretty fast. If you are defending from the ground you would be surprised how fast, again practice lot's of it. And I need more.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G19inLV View Post
    Oh that's cool...so you have your BUG and a reload for your primary. That would be a good thing for the winter..summer, trying to conceal two guns under a shirt...that would be a whole other story.
    But, I do carry it and my 1911 concealed under a t-shirt in the summer!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I carry a Glock 23 as primary and a Glock 27 as a BUG. I use Little Bear Custom Holster custom Rig.

Primary Carry and Rig
    LBH-Rig-G23-001sm.jpg

BUG and Holster
    LBH-Stim-G27-LLC-001sm.jpg

Little Bear Custom Holsters - *Welcome to Little Bear Custom Holsters, this is our fourth year in business and are introducing a new and improved line of custom made holsters.Each of our holsters are made by hand, one at a time out of premium cow si

Dave does great work. All my stuff from him is Black with Shark. The BUG holster is IWB/Tuckable and remove the clip, pocket holster.
    ThrillSeeker
    GSSF Member • Certified Glock Armorer
    "Let your greatest action be victory, not lengthy campaigns."

Http://littlebearholsters.com

Quote Originally Posted by adaman04 View Post
    Generally ankle carry for me. The BUG isn't always just a BU to a primary, but a gun that is easier to get to in some positions. When seated in the car or at a restaurant booth, the 642 in an ankle rig might be easier to get to than my primary.
    Yup.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    I just recently addressed the need to carry a reload and I am considering a 400-dollar Taser.
    Are any of them small and light? The tasers the cops carry around here are HUGE...bigger than their firearm.

Mike Fontenot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links