Anti-self defense letter to the editor in the Boston Globe

This is a discussion on Anti-self defense letter to the editor in the Boston Globe within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; He's obviously not a dad. I was always taught you'd walk through the gates of hell with a smile on your face if it keeps ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anti-self defense letter to the editor in the Boston Globe

He's obviously not a dad. I was always taught you'd walk through the gates of hell with a smile on your face if it keeps your loved ones safe.

2. Remove Ads

This goes to show why anyone who calls them self a "progressive" should not be trusted in any position of authority! They do not have what it takes to be a leader. God help our country and protect us from progressives!

What an idiot!
    Member of:
    National Rifle Association
    Buckeye Firearms Association
    Ohioans for Concealed Carry
    Defensive Carry
    United States Conceal Carry Association

I love the part about more resourceful kids having an advantage in escape and evasion, and it shouldn't be allowed because the playing field needs to be equal. GENIUS satire.
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Brilliant.............

Quote Originally Posted by Camjr View Post
    I love the part about more resourceful kids having an advantage in escape and evasion, and it shouldn't be allowed because the playing field needs to be equal. GENIUS satire.
    +1.....The writer is, undoubtedly, a certified CC person, playing on the preposterous idiocy of effete, elitist, 'progressive/liberal', 'hip' mentality. Lol!
    Extremism in the Defense of Liberty is No Vice--Moderation in the Pursuit of Justice is No Virtue. - Senator Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by youngda9 View Post
    This is Satire. Another blog site I frequent had more of this guy's letters linked that were pro-gun and pro SD. It was written to proove a point, and well done at that.
    I, for one, was taken in by the satire. But the pity is that the reason I was taken in is because the whole statement was not surprising. Many "progressives" (isn't it ironic that those of us who are conservative don't mind being labled as such, but that a lot of liberals are embarrassed to the extent that they have to hide behind multiple lables?) do seem to have a similar mind set. Sacrifice someone else for their cause, but leave them alone; Make everyone but themselves subject to the new healthcare plan; ad nauseum.

So, while article was, in fact, satire, there is a certain ring of truth to it. Mores the pity.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

But as a progressive, I would sooner lay my child to rest than succumb to the belief that the use of a gun for self-defense is somehow not in itself a gun crime.
    He'd rather have his children dead than alive? That's how I read it.
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley

VIP Member
    Satire or insanity it did generate discussion on the Boston Globe site as well is various RKBA sites and, IMHO, put the issue in clear focus.

is good
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    I only fear that the only way he learn he is wrong is if it really happens and I hope for his child's sake it never does. Would he just stand there if his kid was being kidnapped too? These people breed and live among everyday. Scary!

Oh so brave of him that he would offer up his child's life to be able to be steadfast in his mindset. I know it's been said but it sickened me so much, I just had to repeat the thoughts already expressed by the group. His thinking is the crime here, especially that he'd sooner let all the kids be targets than have some escape to safety more "shrewdly" than others. He's entitled to his opinion but it sure shows what kind of person he is.

This Brockton High School math teacher's thinking just doesn't "add up"...marooooon comes to my mind.
    Progressive thinking has been around since the early 1900's, and sadly, that thinking has quite a hold on the actions of our present government.
    I hope that conservatives show up for the VOTE in 2010 and 2012.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Check this out by the same writer - it is definitely 100% satire and he's good.

Keep diversity at all costs? | Stars and Stripes

Quote Originally Posted by BurgDog View Post
    Check this out by the same writer - it is definitely 100% satire and he's good.

Keep diversity at all costs? | Stars and Stripes
    I checked it out, and I totally agree--satire. And, he IS good! Problem is, there are way too many idiots out there who actually feel and think the way he is satirizing! And they don't get it that what he writes is satire! I actually know some people, unfortunately, that would not fight back to protect themselves or others--or at least that is what they say. They might feel differently if the SHTF for them.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

jon
    Quote Originally Posted by Samwolf View Post
    This has to be satire!!!

If it's not , the phrase "to stupid to be allowed to live" comes to mind.
    Oh, believe me, I wish.
    This state is filled with these types.
    To top it off, Brockton's police chief makes it especially difficult, just short of impossible, to get an unrestricted permit.

Maybe this "progressive" educator should tell the senior staff of the school where he teaches that he wants to be a "designated hostage" or "designated shooting victim" in the event his school has an active shooter.
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

I can see that it is satire, but I know to many people who actually think this way. They are the types that will latch on to what he says and preach it a what should be.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws... serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Cesare Beccaria

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links