Am I paranoid, or cautious?

This is a discussion on Am I paranoid, or cautious? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I still have a habit of just grabbing a stool at the high counter. I guess it's because I used to work for them and ...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Am I paranoid, or cautious?

I still have a habit of just grabbing a stool at the high counter. I guess it's because I used to work for them and employees were limited to sitting at either the high or low counters. If SHTF tho, I'm closest to the door!

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array kahrcarrier's Avatar

Talking

Just don't look at who's manning the grill at Waffle House, especially in the wee hours.............

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by First Sgt View Post
    It is going to happen to me - the paranoid.
    I like to think "It could happen to me!"
    The Second Amendment is about the right to be able to protect oneself from all who would do us harm including Legislators!

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone Else's blood, don't care if I go out the same way

A guy named Hickock wasn't "paranoid" and didn't do what you did. He died a violent death.

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    A guy named Hickock wasn't "paranoid" and didn't do what you did. He died a violent death.
    Hickock had a lot of enemies, but most of us have none who would consider killing us.

Regards,
    Jerry

Am I paranoid, or cautious?
    "Paranoid" for using your brain in helping to ensure you maintain visibility and some control over your space? You'd be naive to not do so, IMO.

Leave the claims of "paranoia" for the unthinking wad.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Yes, you are a paranoid schizophrenic, and you likely own several guns and have a closet full of ammo. Your only hope is to change your name and enter the witness protection program. On the other hand, you could be just like the rest of us here on the forum.
    Regards, ...
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Does it really matter. There just words. It's how you give them meaning that matters, not how others do. As long as your happy when your out and you feel secure for you and your family, that's all that matters in the end.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    Yes, you are a paranoid schizophrenic, and you likely own several guns and have a closet full of ammo. Your only hope is to change your name and enter the witness protection program. On the other hand, you could be just like the rest of us here on the forum.
    Regards, ...

Actually, I ran out of room in the closet and had to find a corner for some of my ammo.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.”
    Jeff Cooper

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    I hope you got the answer you wanted, I wonder if the folks on this forum might have a bias?

Quote Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
    Hickock had a lot of enemies, but most of us have none who would consider killing us.

Regards,
    Jerry
    He was a lot less likely to be murdered by a random lunatic or criminal because they weren't tolerated the way they are today. I doubt that the families of the women murdered in the Tinley Park, Illinois Lane Bryant store take any comfort from the fact that they were murdered by a stranger.

Taking a good seat isn't paranoid. Refusing to sit anywhere else is

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Taking a good seat isn't paranoid. Refusing to sit anywhere else is
    Agreed! I don't think there are too many of us who would refuse a table just because of its location. I always make the best out of wherever I happen to be seated. Pick the spot at your table that gives the widest view of your surroundings, or to the nearest entrance/exit. To me, if you are willing to wait longer during a rush for one specific table because its in the "sweet spot", THAT is paranoia. Otherwise, its just being cautious.

Quote Originally Posted by Neocount View Post
    Agreed! I don't think there are too many of us who would refuse a table just because of its location. I always make the best out of wherever I happen to be seated. Pick the spot at your table that gives the widest view of your surroundings, or to the nearest entrance/exit.
    I have refused tables on several occasions because of the location - for a variety of reasons. Most of the time it's because the table is in a crappy, high traffic, location, but sometimes it IS because it's in the most exposed location in the restaurant.

I'm spending my money to eat in their establishment; they can accommodate my seating desires or I go somewhere that will. Considering that I frequent the same few restaurants on a regular basis, it's never been a problem to seat me where I want to be.

To me, if you are willing to wait longer during a rush for one specific table because its in the "sweet spot", THAT is paranoia. Otherwise, its just being cautious.
    I fail to see the difference.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

If I can't sit at the same table that Donald Trump sits at I just don't go there.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links