Am I paranoid, or cautious?

This is a discussion on Am I paranoid, or cautious? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Majorlk Specious argument, as I pointed out previously. Are you actually suggesting that I tip every server so none of them has ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Am I paranoid, or cautious?

Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    Specious argument, as I pointed out previously. Are you actually suggesting that I tip every server so none of them has to feel deprived because of where I choose to sit?

You complain about others' writing, but your comprehension skills arent all that great.

I'm saying that a restaurant manager sets up sections with certain numbers of tables or seating....and then evenly assigns customers so that a) servers can serve all as fast as possible and b) have similar opportunities for tips which are substantial part of their income.

If it's done as equably as possible then servers have reasonably equal numbers of customers and shots at tips. No need for you to dole out charity to others that didnt wait on you.

I'm merely pointing out courtesies and some realities for individuals (not restaurants) here. When I wrote the original post, I was pretty aware of the responses I'd get. These are small matters to customers....and as I said, of course restaurants do their best to accomodate you. It depends on how you view your day at your job where other customers/clients make choices that can add up and inconvenience you.

My main goal was just to inform people...again...that empty tables in a restaurant are sometimes empty for a reason. It's fine to request it, but you may have to wait longer for service and if so, consider not taking that out on the server.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by 9MMare View Post
    You complain about others' writing, but your comprehension skills arent all that great.
    With all due respect, I read and comprehend very well. Here is the exact quote that gendered my response:

"By requesting to sit in someone else's section, you may be depriving someone else of your tip ".

I repeat, No matter where I sit, someone will be deprived of my tip, unless there is only one server on duty. Or unless, as I said, you expect me to tip all the servers.

My main goal was just to inform people...again...that empty tables in a restaurant are sometimes empty for a reason. It's fine to request it, but you may have to wait longer for service and if so, consider not taking that out on the server.
    I don't remember anyone suggesting that there wasn't a reason for empty tables. And neither do I remember anyone posting anything about taking anything out on the server(s) or hostess. You are talking about things that simply were never said.

From reading all the other responses, you are losing the debate, whether you like it or not.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    With all due respect, I read and comprehend very well. Here is the exact quote that gendered my response:

"By requesting to sit in someone else's section, you may be depriving someone else of your tip ".

I repeat, No matter where I sit, someone will be deprived of my tip, unless there is only one server on duty. Or unless, as I said, you expect me to tip all the servers.

I don't remember anyone suggesting that there wasn't a reason for empty tables. And neither do I remember anyone posting anything about taking anything out on the server(s) or hostess. You are talking about things that simply were never said.

From reading all the other responses, you are losing the debate, whether you like it or not.

I know the audience...so I'm not surprised, as I said, by the responses. It doesnt mean I'm wrong I was just trying to add a perspective that some may not have realized....it's up to the person to decide if they give a hoot.

As for reading comp....yeah...you still dont get it but it wont change anything, so carry on......
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Talking

I really try to stay away from booths. I would rather sit at tables when possible.

When I am taken to my seating I always pick where I am going to sit.

Be aware that almost all incidents happen from people coming in or are acting strange. I tend to look at the people in my area and be aware of my surroundings.
    The Second Amendment is about the right to be able to protect oneself from all who would do us harm including Legislators!

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone Else's blood, don't care if I go out the same way

Ever since I was a kid hanging in places I shouldn't have been before I was legally able to, I have always found a choice spot where I could see the front door, back exit, kitchen area, restroom and cash register. Never considered myself paranoid, just cautious. Still do it to this day no matter where I go. I also try to pick a spot now where my strong side is hidden as much as possible so if I see something that gets my hackles up I can uncover or remove my weapon with no one noticing. If its not needed it goes back undercover with no one the wiser. Not paranoid, just cautious.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Links