Am I paranoid, or cautious?

This is a discussion on Am I paranoid, or cautious? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Went out for breakfast this morning at Waffle House. Found what I thought was the prime booth. Back against the wall that has the door ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I paranoid, or cautious?

Went out for breakfast this morning at Waffle House. Found what I thought was the prime booth. Back against the wall that has the door to restroom, to the right, my strong side was the cooking area, and my left the entryway. I could see the entire public area of the restaurant from my seat.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

VIP Member
    You're not paranoid, just situationally aware... and you got the best booth...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

No, you're not paranoid. You're carrying a weapon correct? Then you should be in condition yellow. It's a little hard to stay in that condition and people watch if you turn your back to the place where they come in and out of.

No matter whether I'm armed or not, I've always sat where I can watch the front door if I can. Force of habit for me since I was in my teens.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Good SA, its interesting when my family goes out to eat we all want the same spot....
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Smart people, like us here would say you're cautious. The sheep probably wouldn't even consider why you sat where you did.
    Paranoid, nope, just good SA.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    pecan waffle...yummy...nothing wrong with liking a good view of your surroundings...

I guess I'll be the only dissenting vote...

I don't think you need to always see the door and have your back against a wall when you go out to eat... I constantly scan the area and am aware of peoples movements, but don't "always" need to have the prime spot.

If you stay under the covers all day you're paranoid.

If you're always thinking about how the attack might develop you are just being realistic. To be honest I'm getting a little sick of hearing the word "paranoid" being used in relation to keeping me and mine safe. When the world becomes heaven on earth I'll change my tune. Until then I watch my back.
    "You have to answer for Santino, Carlo. You fingered Sonny for the Barzini people."

Cool

As long as I can remember I have always sat with my back to a wall or facing the door whenever possible(more than 40 years).

My wife will automatically pick the spot I will sit in as she knows where I like to sit.

Yes I am paranoid and yes they are out to get me.
    The Second Amendment is about the right to be able to protect oneself from all who would do us harm including Legislators!

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone Else's blood, don't care if I go out the same way

Paranoid people have a hard time sleeping at night. Cautious people have no trouble sleeping at night. In my opion that is the major difference.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yes, they go together. There is healthy paranoia, which keeps us alive, and then there is crazy. When you won't eat at the Waffle House near the Cemetary because that's where the Zombies go first, then please surrender your guns and go to the nearest ER.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    is it paranoid to watch traffic around you and make sure youre in a safe position on the road when you see someething might be out of place?...

and how many times do you have to hear it?...do you have insurance?...a fire extinguisher?...spare tire?...

Quote Originally Posted by bladenbullet View Post
    pecan waffle...yummy...nothing wrong with liking a good view of your surroundings...

Pecan waffle is what I had. My meal about 98% of the time at Waffle House.
    Plus bacon.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Katana View Post
    No, you're not paranoid. You're carrying a weapon correct? Then you should be in condition yellow. It's a little hard to stay in that condition and people watch if you turn your back to the place where they come in and out of.

No matter whether I'm armed or not, I've always sat where I can watch the front door if I can. Force of habit for me since I was in my teens.
    Yes I was carrying, .40 Baby Eagle today.
    Richard M Nixon
    Jeff Cooper

You are only being properly cautious...stay armed and stay in yellow, nothing wrong with that.

My wife HATES Waffle House, but I enjoy the pecan waffle with a couple of eggs....

With all the windows, it's pretty easy to see anyone coming from any direction. Yes, I like to sit with my back to a wall, but that's not always possible...but I do 'eyeball' everyone coming, going, and those already seated.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links